University of British Columbia:
Based in downtown Vancouver, The University of British Columbia's (UBC) offer Distance Learning Courses through our Centre for Teaching and Learning and Technology (CTLT). These courses carry full credit toward degree or certificate programs in accordance with the requirements of the UBC faculty concerned. Course categories include Civil Engineering, Dentistry, Educational Technology, and more.
- Flexible Learning Methods
Distance education gives you the opportunity to take university credit courses without setting foot on campus. Perhaps the greatest appeal of distance education for learners is the flexibility it offers.
- Convenient Home-Study Programs
As a distance learner, you will have access to university credit courses without having to leave your home or your job to go to a class on campus. For many people, distance education provides an opportunity to maintain, complete, or continue university study while working, caring for a family, or sustaining a busy life.
- Study Independently
You can study independently, with the guidance of an instructor who grades and comments on your work, or learn online by communicating with your instructor and other students in a ‘virtual’ classroom.
The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology offers flexible learning through both online and print-based materials. These courses carry full credit toward degree or certificate programs in accordance with the requirements of the UBC faculty concerned.
Distance education courses are designed to provide one of the study options to UBC students and others who are unable to attend scheduled classes on campus or who want to experience distance learning as part of their program. Subjects include:
- Dental Hygiene
- Applied Biology
- Archival Studies
- Audiology & Speech Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Classical Studies
- Educational Technology
- Film Studies
- Family Studies
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Music, and more...see Programs Page for a full list of subject areas.
Students registering for distance education courses must be admitted under one of the following student classifications:
- Regular: A student enrolled in studies leading to a degree or a diploma at UBC, whether on a full-time or a part-time basis.
- Qualifying: A student enrolled in makeup studies in preparation for registration as a regular student in a graduate or professional program.
- Visitor: A student enrolled in studies for transfer to a degree program at another recognized university.
- Exchange: A visiting student studying at UBC under a Senate-approved student exchange program and enrolled in studies for transfer to a degree program at another university.
- Unclassified: A student enrolled in studies not intended to lead to a particular degree or diploma.
- Preparatory: A student who is in a program of non-credit, non-degree studies intended to help prepare him or her for admission to an undergraduate degree program.
- Access Studies: Applicants may be enrolled as Access Studies students upon approval from a Faculty (a) to allow them to take a limited number of courses in a specific area to upgrade or achieve a qualification, or (b) when they do not wish to pursue a specific program.
- Audit: A student registered in a credit course whose participation is limited to that deemed appropriate by the instructor but who, in general, is expected to maintain the same schedule of readings as regular students although not expected to write examinations.
Distance education provides options in terms of where and when you learn. You may study independently, with the guidance of an instructor who grades and comments on your work or you may study online, communicating with your instructor and other students in your “online” classroom.
We have developed a number of links to resources which will help you achieve a successful outcome in your distance education studies. We are continuing our research into new technology tools to enhance your learning experience. One of the latest initiatives of UBC is the Learning Commons gateway to academic resources.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.