Information on MOOCs Canada - universities & course providers of Massive Open Online Courses to students in Toronto, Ottawa ON, Vancouver BC, Calgary, Edmonton AB, and international students in the U.S., Europe, India, Asia, Middle East..
MOOC Providers - Canada: Benefit from university-level education without the need to attend traditional classes! The rising popularity of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) means that no matter where you are located, you can access real college and university courses from real schools free of charge. You can choose from a range of providers worldwide, many associated with top universities. On completion of some MOOCs, you may be eligible to apply for college credit. Most Canadian MOOCs are run through American providers or by individual professors.
MOOC providers in North America include:
- edX: Run jointly by MIT, Harvard, and Berkeley
- Coursera: A for-profit company offering courses from more than a dozen institutions, including Princeton and the University of Virginia
- Udacity: Focuses all its courses on computer science & related fields.
- University of the People: The world’s tuition-free, non-profit, online academic institution dedicated to opening access to higher education globally.
International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters
Courses / Programs
Based in Toronto, ON, the International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters (IITCR) is an online court reporter and legal transcriptionist training school. We provide a range of distance learning court reporting / transcription programs and workshops.
We are the only online digital court reporter training institute in the world, and understand that different students learn at different paces. You may take your time at learning new skills or opt for accelerated learning so that you can complete your course sooner.
At IITCR, we believe every student will find our online educational programs exciting and challenging. Our goal is to equip every student with distinct employable skills.
• Acquire the technical skills and knowledge needed to become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist or Digital Legal Monitor from the comfort of your own home or office with online classes from Ministry-approved Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies.
• Based in Toronto, we provide a 14-week Court Transcription certification program and a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for students living in Canada.
• The Court Transcription course is delivered online by two seasoned ACT professionals who have worked for several years in the education, transcription, and court reporting industries.
• Participants can study from home up until the final exam which takes place in Toronto or Ottawa (depending on your preference). Once graduates start working independently, their work can be done remotely wherever they live within Canada.
• Upon successful completion, you will meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and will be eligible to register and become an ACT. • The Digital Legal Monitor course examines the role and responsibilities of digital legal monitors within the specific context of pre-trial proceedings.
• Digital Monitors are a type of court reporter that uses audio equipment to record in-court or pre-trial proceedings.
Taught by professional transcriptionists who have worked in the transcription & court reporting industries.
The final exam takes place in-person in Toronto or Ottawa.
Online Digital Legal Monitor Program: - Duration: 4-16 weeks A DLM is a court reporter who uses audio equipment to record in-court proceedings While this course is designed to be taken in 4 weeks, students will have access to the course for 4 months
Students can write the final exam at any time during these 4 months.
Based in Toronto, Durham College is a career training institution that provides a wide range of online / distance learning Certificate & Diploma Programs to students from around the world.
Online learners can access their courses and technical support 24 hours a day/seven days a week. Off-site learners only are responsible for software/hardware requirements.
Durham College understands that some students learn best in a classroom setting while others would benefit from the flexibility of off-site learning. Benefits of our online courses include dedicated support staff, flexible schedules, and peer support of fellow students.
Homburg Academy, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Courses / Programs
Study with one of the world's premier providers of online Real Estate education! Homburg Academy education institutions create and deliver online-based Certificate programs specialized in Real Estate education to students all over the world. We provide online learning from our institutions based in Prince Edward Island, Canada, and Zurich, Switzerland.
Homburg Academy aim to advance the science and knowledge of Real Estate by fostering innovation, original discovery, and new insight on all aspects of the built environment and to promote the dissemination of knowledge through professional development training and education courses.
The programs that we provide are inter-disciplinary, and combine insights from the social, human, and technical sciences to provide a well-rounded approach to Real Estate development and management of a Real Estate firm. Join us and kick-start a career in this exciting and growing field.
- Accounting for Business Managers
- Advanced Real Estate Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance for Real Estate
- Creating Reliable Valuations
- English Composition
- Financial Modeling for Excel
- Introduction to Business
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Maptitude Introduction
- Marketing Essentials
- Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Finance
- Risk and Portfolio Management
- Strategic Negotiation
- Sustainable Land Use
Based in Nova Scotia, Canada, Mactech Distance Education offer a wide-range of computer and IT Diploma & Certificate programs via distance education. With unlimited access to instructor support, Mactech permits adults, who have the desire and need for further education, to study during convenient hours and at a pace compatible with family and employment responsibilities. Programs include Creative Digital Media, Visual Publishing, Network & Support Technician, and more.
We believe that a quality education should be available to anyone who has the ability, desire, and ambition to improve their skills and performance for personal satisfaction and financial betterment. That is the premise on which Mactech was founded. And today, more than 15 years later, this philosophy continues.
Mactech Distance Education is proudly the only Nationally Accredited College in Canada that is ISO 9001:2000 Certified. For our students this means the finest quality education and the utmost service. Mactech Distance Education is also an authorized testing center for Microsoft Office Specialist, a member of the National Association of Career Colleges, and the Private College Association of Nova Scotia.
Distance Education Computer / IT Diploma Programs:
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Computerized Business Management
- Administrative Medical Computer
- Administrative Medical with Accounting
- Human Resources Administration
- Administrative Legal Computer
- Creative Digital Media
- Visual Publishing and Web Design
- Network+ Support Technician
- A+ Technical Support Specialist
- Matrix: IT Professional
- Multimedia and Animation
Based in Northern Alberta, Athabasca University is a worldwide leader in quality distance education, providing a wide range of online Undergraduate and Graduate programs, including Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor & Masters Degree levels. We have over 700 courses in a large selection of arts, science, and professional disciplines.
Most AU courses are delivered through distance learning as individualized study. If you prefer the structure of learning in a classroom or online with other students, we also offer grouped study courses across Canada.
Our courses are designed for study online, at a distance, or in a classroom so you can continue your education without sacrificing personal, family, career, or community commitments. Our course fees include all textbooks and materials, so you will know what you're paying at the start.
At AU, we are dedicated to the removal of barriers that restrict access to success in university-level study, and to increasing equality of educational opportunity for adult learners worldwide. Our approach to post-secondary education is based on four key principles: excellence, openness, flexibility and innovation.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Bachelor of Health Administration
- Bachelor of Human Resources
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science
- Certificates of Completion
- University Certificates
- University Diplomas
- Science and Technology