University of Minnesota, Crookston:
The University of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC) is a four-year university located in Crookston, Minnesota. We provide a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Aviation, which prepares students for lesser-known but equally rewarding careers in agricultural aviation, law enforcement aviation, and natural resource aviation.
With 1,813 undergraduate students, University of Minnesota, Crookston is one of five campuses in the University of Minnesota system. Currently, students from 20 countries and 45 states are enrolled.
Located on the northern edge of Crookston, Minnesota, off U.S. Highway 2, the 108-acre campus is situated in the Red River Valley, the center of a large agricultural region. The region is the transition point from the forested areas of the east to the great plains of the Dakotas.
Real World Experiences:
As we require an internship for our aviation students, they gain real-world experiences such as loading for an agricultural applicator or assisting with wildlife surveys at a state park.
- Proud Partnership
UMC is proud to partner with the University of North Dakota Aerospace Foundation (UNDAF) to provide a safe and professional flight training experience.
- Hands-on Flight Training
All academic classes, including ground school are conducted at the UMC campus while hands-on flight training is conducted by UNDAF and UMC staff.
- Professional & Experienced Instructors
Our students have access to well-trained, proficient instructors, several well-maintained aircraft, and two flight training devices. All students in the aviation program will complete their private certificate, instrument rating, and commercial certificate using Federal Aviation Administration-approved Part 141 training courses.
- Agricultural Aviation Emphasis
- Law Enforcement Aviation Emphasis
- Natural Resources Aviation Emphasis
- "Dual Function" degree programs offer students the most flexibility in choosing a career path. These combination programs prepare students for a wide variety of careers that utilize aviation resources to support their programs.
- Faculty at the University of Minnesota, Crookston have extensive field experience as law enforcement officers, wildlife biologists/pilots and in applied field research.
- Strong emphasis is placed on preparing students to enter the workplace including internship opportunities.
- Seminars presented by professionals in the aviation field result in many contacts.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2900 University Ave., Crookston, Minnesota 56716, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.