South Bay Massage College, Manhattan Beach:
South Bay Massage College is an accredited massage therapy school located in Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles County in Southern California. Our initial massage therapist certification program is 125 hours of education plus 50 hours of spa internship, totaling 175 hours. Subjects covered include Swedish massage, anatomy, nutrition, reflexology, hygiene and hands-on lab practice. You can become qualified to take the national massage certification exam after completing the required 500 hours of massage education. We also have a wide range of advanced massage courses available including sports massage, deep tissue massage, shiatsu and many others.
- Initial Massage Therapy Program (125 hours of education plus 50 hours of spa internship, totaling 175 hours)
- Advanced Massage Therapy Classes include Deep Tissue I & II, Sports Massage, Acupressure, Advance Anatomy, Chair Massage, Pathology, Pregnancy Massage, Advance Massage Technique, Cranial Sacral, Myofascial Release Therapy, Exercise Rehab/Training, Kinesiology, Physiology, Reflexology and many more.
Our massage classes typically have 8 -10 students to a maximum of 12 students. Many massage schools will have 20-30 students per class; we don’t believe you can learn proper biomechanics with over 12 students per class. Therefore, you will receive more personal attention from our instructors.
- South Bay Massage College was granted approval to operate from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary & Vocational Education in July1998. (School Code 1936381)
- Approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
- Approved by Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
All of our instructors have many years of experience and enjoy what they do. They are all certified to teach. You will learn a great deal and will have a lot of fun at the same time. Doctors of Chiropractic teach our Anatomy/Physiology Classes. We hire Doctors so you will have an expert teach you anatomy and sports related injuries and how to treat them successfully. Most massage schools did not do this because it costs a lot more to do so.
Our goal is to promote massage as one of the healing arts. Our focus is to have our students and teachers work closely together and have an enjoyable learning experience. To prepare our students for their own professional, ethical massage therapy practices or employment in the massage industry.
Upon completion of the Massage Therapist Program of 175 hours, each student shall demonstrate:
- Fundamental Massage Skills
- Functional Comprehension of Anatomy and Physiology as applied to massage therapy theory
- Familiarization with the relevant business and marketing aspects of initiating a successful and professional massage therapy operation
- An awareness of self care techniques available for longevity as a Massage Therapist
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 120 South Sepulveda Blvd., Manhattan Beach, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.