Teacher training in NYC: Masters degree in education in New York, educational technology training for teachers online, graduate programs in education, school counseling. Distance learning continuing education & certification programs for K-12 teachers (kindergarten, elementary, middle & high school students).
NYIT School of Education: New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) School of Education offers a range of Teacher and Administrator Education Degree & Certificate programs from our two main New York campuses (Old Westbury and Manhattan), and at several partnership sites in the New York metropolitan region. Today, it has grown to include preparatory and advanced professional study for P-12 teachers, school counselors, school building leaders, educational technologists and professional trainers. On-campus and online options are available.
Graduate Degree Programs: - M.S. in Childhood Education The 45-credit M.S. in Childhood Education is a master degree that can be taken fully on-line and leads to New York State initial certification. The 36-credit M.S. in Childhood Education is designed for teachers who have initial certification and wish to qualify for professional certification in their first area.
- Master's Degree Program in Instructional Technology The Master's Program in Instructional Technology develops expertise in the use of leading edge media and technology for teaching and learning. Graduates of the program work as master teachers in P-12 classrooms, and as school or district instructional technology leaders, staff developers, and curriculum designers.This program can be taken fully online.
- M.S. in School Counseling The M.S. in School Counseling prepares school counselor candidates to effectively meet the challenges of today's schools and the needs of today's students. An emphasis is placed on leadership and social advocacy to ensure that school counselor candidates are an integral part of the collaborative team that seeks to ensure academic success for all students.
- Adolescence Education, M.S. The Master of Science in Adolescence Education program is designed for applicants with a bachelor's degree and initial certification in either mathematics or science who are seeking professional certification in either of those two subject areas. Students may complete the program on a full-time or part-time basis, enrolling in online and/or face-to-face courses.
- School Leadership and Technology (Advanced Diploma) NYIT's School Building Leadership and Technology program prepares educators to excel in demanding positions such as school principal, assistant principal, program director, curriculum coordinator, and technology coordinator.
Advanced Certificate Programs for Educators: - Computers in Education Certificate - Teaching 21st Century Skills Certificate - S.T.E.M. Education - Virtual Education Certificate
Childhood to Middle School Extensions: - Middle School Math - Middle School English - Middle School Science
• The leading spray tanning specialist in the North East, Aviva Spray Tanning Academy provides in-class spray tan certification programs in a leading New York City hotel, as well as online classes for anyone who cannot attend in person..
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our quality spray tan certification programs are also available in many other locations including California, Texas, Boston, Miami, Chicago, & Seattle.
• Our courses are designed for mobile spray tanning business owners, spray tanning consultants, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• Our comprehensive short courses are ideal if you want to add spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry. Aviva will provide the knowledge, tools and resources you need to be successful in this field.
• On completion, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "I was initially spray tanning clients the wrong way..spraying up and down in a heavy mist. Now I get it and feel so much more confident! Thank you." • Maria Huaman, Owner, Sunbreeze, Middle Village, NY
Located in Midtown NYC, The Manhattan Institute is an Allied Health & Nursing Career school offering fully-accredited, short-term certificate and diploma programs.
The Manhattan Institute is also a New York State official testing site. This entitles our graduates to take State exams at our school as soon as they complete their training.
Our school specializes in short-term training of: Medical Billers, Phlebotomy Technicians, Pharmacy Technicians, Certified Nurse's Assistants, EKG Technicians, Nurse Technicians, and Dialysis Technicians and we do it right.
We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Our tuition is low and you can pay as you go. All students receive a diploma and life time placement advisement upon graduation.
The Manhattan Institute is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE). The Manhattan Institute is the school which would like to give you the opportunity to improve your stature, qualify for gainful employment, and receive all the benefits which go along with being an Allied Health Worker.
"I am proof that it is never too late to go back to school. The Manhattan Institute is a very “hands-on” facility. From your first day to your last day of class, the staff helps you pursue your career. I definitely recommend the Manhattan Institute if you are interested in a medical career."
- Stacey, MEDICAL BILLER
Located in Howard Beach, Queens in New York City, Green Jobs Training Center (GJTC) offers a range of Building Performance Institute (BPI) training programs and certification exams. Our aim is to provide the best training available in order to prepare our students for a new Green professional career.
Dedicated to promoting excellence in the building trades, The Building Performance Institute (BPI) is an organization that sets the standards and administers certifications for technicians and accreditations for companies. It is a national resource for building science technology and how homes should be assessed and improved. Remodelers, builders, insulation contractors, and heating and cooling contractors can benefit from building performance certification.
GJTC offers wide-ranging expertise in state-of-the-art energy efficient building science methods, equipment and materials. Training covers all areas of energy efficiency via workshops, industry conferences, on-site training and other innovative education techniques. We have expertise in building sciences, energy efficiency, health and safety, renewable energy, state utility programs for residential & commercial buildings & more.
Building Performance Institute (BPI) Training & Certification Exams
- Building Analyst Training (BAT)
- Envelope Professional Training (Shell Training)
- BPI Heating Professional
- Insulation and Air Sealing Training & Certification Exam
- A/C Heat Pump Professional
- Multi-Family Professional Course
Barnard College, located in the Morningside Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, is an undergraduate, women's liberal arts college offering Bachelor of Arts degree programs in over 50 fields including humanities, social sciences, arts, natural sciences, and interdisciplinary areas. Barnard College also offers Double and Joint Degree programs in cooperation with Columbia University and other academic institutions. Barnard College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Barnard College aims to provide the highest quality liberal arts education to promising and high-achieving young women, offering the unparalleled advantages of an outstanding residential college in partnership with a major research university.
Barnard students develop the intellectual resources to take advantage of opportunities as new fields, new ideas, and new technologies emerge. They graduate prepared to lead lives that are professionally satisfying and successful, personally fulfilling, and enriched by love of learning.
Located in the Chelsea district of Manhattan, Swedish Institute is a healthcare career training institute that provides a range of allied health Degree and Certificate programs. Our mission is to educate students to become skilled, ethical, culturally competent and compassionate massage therapists, nurses, personal trainers and allied health professionals serving the diverse communities of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
Swedish Institute is a premier multi-specialty health educational institution, using its nearly 100-year tradition of excellence in the education of massage therapists to inform education and training in diverse areas of health practice.
Our students benefit from programs based on a holistic and integrative approach to health and wellness that meet or exceed the rigorous requirements of programmatic accreditation.
Austin's School of Spa Technology, located in the Capital Region of Albany, New York, is a Beauty School offering comprehensive certificate training programs in the areas of cosmetology, barbering, nail technology and esthetics. Our programs focus on development of the skills that our students need, not only to pass the New York State Licensing exams, but also to become exemplary professionals in their chosen fields.
Austin’s School of Spa Technology is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).