The Darden School of Business, Charlottesville:
The Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, is ranked among the world’s best business schools. Our full-time, two-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is noted for its top notch faculty, case study method and commitment to ethics and honor. We also offer a 21-month MBA for Executives degree program as well as a range of Executive Education programs.
Darden School of Business Full-Time MBA Program (2-year)
Curriculum First Year:
The First Year (FY) curriculum is designed to provide students with an integrated perspective on general management. Because we know that business problems do not occur in a vacuum, Darden faculty prioritize the careful coordination of FY courses. They not only meet with other professors teaching the same case the following day, but they also coordinate with all of the faculty teaching FY courses. This allows the classroom experience to be integrated, so that a professor can bring up issues that were discussed in another class on the same day.
First Year Core Areas
- Management Communication
- Global Economies and Markets
- Financial Management and Policies
- Accounting for Managers
- Operations Management
- Leading Organizations
- Decision Analysis
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Thinking and Action
First Year Electives
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Global Financial Markets
- Valuation in Financial Markets
- Strategic Communication
- Marketing Intelligence
- Establishing Yourself at Work
- General Management and Operations Consulting
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
- The Consulting Process
- Data Analysis and Optimization
- Interpersonal Communications
Curriculum Second Year:
In the Second Year (SY), electives and Darden Business Projects take the MBA program in a new direction. Although there are no concentrations at Darden, students create their SY curriculum based on their personal interests and professional goals. Students choose from a diverse selection of over 100 electives, from traditional options such as corporate finance, leading strategic change, and system dynamics, to courses focused on such increasingly important competencies as managing teams and business and sustainability. While learning teams no longer meet officially, members typically remain close and often get together to informally discuss cases.
MBA for Executives Degree Program:
Darden’s MBA for Executives students receive the same degree as the full-time students receive: an MBA from the University of Virginia. Throughout the 21-month program, we maintain Darden’s highly regarded integrated curriculum which helps executive MBA students develop a broader, ‘enterprise’ perspective, which makes you a stronger leader. Our on-grounds residencies take advantage of students coming together in a case-method classroom to discuss, challenge and arrive at decisions addressing complex global business problems.
Our action-oriented, decision-focused curriculum consists of five components:
- The Core – ten courses designed to fill knowledge gaps in your business fundamentals. Delivered in five integrated terms.
- Leadership Residencies – modules are punctuated by four in-depth, extended-length LR's, which focus on a specific leadership challenge from both an organizational and a personal perspective. (The third Learning Residency, Leading in an Emerging Economy is held outside the United States.)
- Action Learning – at the end of each core term, students demonstrate how they have applied the academic material to their professional setting. (We encourage students to share these experiences with their company sponsors and managers.)
- Professional Advancement Course – includes a coaching component using certified executive performance coaches and a career advancement component.
- Enterprise Perspective Course – class sessions that encourage students to perceive situations and diagnose problems, then make essential tradeoffs or reconcile management decisions based on a multi-functional point of view. (e.g., guest speakers, field trips, simulations, workshops, etc.)
- Electives – six courses offered in terms 6 & 7. Courses offered are based on faculty availability and student interest. Typical offerings include: Bargaining & Negotiating; Mergers & Acquisitions; Leading Organic Growth; Business Law; Entrepreneurial Thinking; Corporate Finance.
Executive Education Programs:
Darden Executive Education programs address the current issues and significant challenges faced by managers and organizations each day. These programs may address issues such as:
- Financial Management for Non-Financial Managers
- Managing Individual and Organizational Change
- Leading Organizational Effectiveness
- Catalyst: Becoming an Extraordinary Growth Leader
- Women Emerging in Leadership
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Strategic Sales Management
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 100 Darden Boulevard, Charlottesville, Virginia , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.