Distance learning Canada/ Online Education: Online university degree, online diploma programs, online colleges in in BC, Ontario, AB. Find accredited universities in Canada, bachelor degree courses/ master degrees, home study certificate courses for students in Vancouver, Toronto, Ontario area, BC, Alberta, Manitoba..
• Acquire the technical skills and knowledge needed to become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist or Digital Legal Monitor from the comfort of your own home or office with online classes from Ministry-approved Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies.
• Based in Toronto, we provide a 14-week Court Transcription certification program and a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for students living in Canada.
• The Court Transcription course is delivered online by two seasoned ACT professionals who have worked for several years in the education, transcription, and court reporting industries.
• Participants can study from home up until the final exam which takes place in Toronto or Ottawa (depending on your preference). Once graduates start working independently, their work can be done remotely wherever they live within Canada.
• Upon successful completion, you will meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and will be eligible to register and become an ACT. • The Digital Legal Monitor course examines the role and responsibilities of digital legal monitors within the specific context of pre-trial proceedings.
• Digital Monitors are a type of court reporter that uses audio equipment to record in-court or pre-trial proceedings.
Taught by professional transcriptionists who have worked in the transcription & court reporting industries.
The final exam takes place in-person in Toronto or Ottawa.
Online Digital Legal Monitor Program: - Duration: 4-16 weeks A DLM is a court reporter who uses audio equipment to record in-court proceedings While this course is designed to be taken in 4 weeks, students will have access to the course for 4 months
Students can write the final exam at any time during these 4 months.
Online and distance education at Memorial University brings one of Canada’s top comprehensive universities into your home.
We offer a wide range of online Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor & Masters degree program in fields including Arts, Business Administration, Nursing (post RN), Technology, and more.
With 40 years experience in distance education delivery and leadership, we can provide you with all the benefits of a residential university, with the convenience of learning online.
If your schedule travels at breakneck speed, we can offer you the flexibility and convenience of studying at your own pace, in your own space, whether it's midday or midnight.
Memorial's distance campus offers a surplus of 450 courses and programs, a registration count of 18,000 students annually. Start or complete your degree, go back for that graduate program, or just complete a few courses…the choice is yours!
Based in Nova Scotia, Canada, Mactech Distance Education offer a wide-range of computer and IT Diploma & Certificate programs via distance education. With unlimited access to instructor support, Mactech permits adults, who have the desire and need for further education, to study during convenient hours and at a pace compatible with family and employment responsibilities. Programs include Creative Digital Media, Visual Publishing, Network & Support Technician, and more.
We believe that a quality education should be available to anyone who has the ability, desire, and ambition to improve their skills and performance for personal satisfaction and financial betterment. That is the premise on which Mactech was founded. And today, more than 15 years later, this philosophy continues.
Mactech Distance Education is proudly the only Nationally Accredited College in Canada that is ISO 9001:2000 Certified. For our students this means the finest quality education and the utmost service. Mactech Distance Education is also an authorized testing center for Microsoft Office Specialist, a member of the National Association of Career Colleges, and the Private College Association of Nova Scotia.
Distance Education Computer / IT Diploma Programs:
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Computerized Business Management
- Administrative Medical Computer
- Administrative Medical with Accounting
- Human Resources Administration
- Administrative Legal Computer
- Creative Digital Media
- Visual Publishing and Web Design
- Network+ Support Technician
- A+ Technical Support Specialist
- Matrix: IT Professional
- Multimedia and Animation
• The Interactive Design Institute (IDI) is the UK’s leading provider of online qualifications in art and design. We offer a range of accredited courses at Bachelor Degree and Master Degree level to students in Canada, the U.S. and international students worldwide.
• Our courses include Graphic Design, Illustration, Photography and Interior Architecture & Design.
• With start dates every February, June & October, you can register at any time. You can choose to study full-time or part-time and fit your studies around work or family commitments.
• IDI is a collaborative partner of the University of Hertfordshire, one of the UK’s top ranked universities. Students on our degree courses are registered with the university, and the certificates that graduates receive on completion of their studies are awarded by the University of Hertfordshire.
• Our online courses enable you to study for a UK qualification from wherever you are in the world. They provide a flexible, affordable means of learning, which can be combined with work or family commitments.
Student Review: "I genuinely love studying with IDI. I love the course and the dynamics among students (my classmates) and my tutors." - Vittorio
• Master the art of spray tanning in just one day with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - a leading provider of online spray tan certification programs to students throughout Canada, the U.S & globally.
• An internationally-renowned sunless tan training school, Aviva offers comprehensive 3-hour online courses, delivered through our unique and interactive web-based environment where our course content is available when you want it: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• On successful completion of your online spray tan course, graduates receive a Certificate.
• With spray tanning become increasingly-popular, it is becoming more important for cosmetologists, estheticians, salon professionals, hair stylists, or makeup artists to become professionally certified.
• Learn how to win and retain huge numbers of new clients by providing exceptional service and a flawless tan every time!
• Aviva also provides on-site 1-day spray tan certification programs in cities throughout Canada & the United States, including in Vancouver BC; Toronto ON & Montreal, Quebec.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• "I thought that the Sunless Tanning 101 was great. I took the course online about 18 months into already tanning but I still had “Ah Ha” moments that have only helped me and my business. The one that sticks out the most is the amount of product I should be using and the solutions to use for specific skin tones! Aviva customer service has been impeccable!" Michele
The Alternative Medicine College of Canada (AMCC) is an educational institution that offers accredited certificate & diploma correspondence courses in Naturopathy, Homeopathy, and Bioenergetics to students world-wide. We provide our students with the training and expertise necessary to become qualified specialists in their desired field. The College was the initiative of several health practitioners from a consultation office and has made itself known worldwide since 1988. The teachers are confirmed practitioners who strive to provide students with a diverse and complete educational approach, thus providing a serious, efficient and complementary alternative to conventional medicine.
The Alternative Medicine College is accredited by various governmental and professional associations including the American Alternative Medical Association (AAMA), the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and the National Association of Naturopaths (NAN, in Canada).
Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Yorkville University is a private, online institution of higher learning. We offer three quality distance education degree programs to students across Canada, North Americ,a and from around the world.
Our Degree programs include Counselling Psychology, Adult Education, and Business Administration. The Yorkville online learning environment provides the perfect learning platform for adults who have full-time careers or family obligations but still wish to earn a university degree.
The Master of Education in Adult Education, and the Bachelor in Business Administration degree programs are taught entirely online, while the Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology is offered using an online/blended delivery model.
Our faculty are experienced teachers at the top of their fields, have doctoral degrees, are licensed practitioners or have extensive practical experience.
With nine out of 10 graduates hired within six months of graduation, Toronto’s George Brown College has established a reputation for equipping students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. Our Distance Education courses provide you with personalized teacher support and feedback as you pursue an interest, a designation or a certificate in a wide range of fields including Architectural Studies, Business Administration, Health Services, and more.
Continuing Education at George Brown College offers distance education courses in a variety of ways. The courses may be teacher-directed online, self-directed online, OntarioLearn online, CD-based with online support, DVD-based with online support or paper-based with online support.
Many people choose to study in the comfort of their own homes, but distance education gives you the flexibility to learn wherever it is most convenient for you. Some of our distance education courses are semester-based. So, as with an in-class course, you generally need to register in advance of the course start date or shortly thereafter. But some of our distance education courses are continuous intake.
Course Categories include:
- Architectural Studies
- Business Studies
- Community Services
- Construction and Maintenance
- Dental Health
- Emergency Management Leadership
- General English
- Health Services
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Information Technology
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Operations Management
- Technical Training
- Visual Arts and Design
- Writing and Publishing
9.Northwest Community College, Continuing Education / Industry Training (CEIT)
Courses / Programs
Based in North-West British Columbia, Northwest Community College (NWCC) is a publicly funded, government accredited, public post-secondary educational institution.
We provide online Certificate & Diploma programs in fields including Business Technology, Business Administration, Early Childhood Education, and Information & Communication Technology.
Our distance learning programs prepare students for general and specialized administrative support positions in a variety of business, education, and IT settings.
Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, discover a new hobby, advance in your career or start a new one – Northwest Community College's Continuing Education & Industry Training (CEIT) department has courses, certificates, and lectures that are flexible and convienient.