Art & design schools in Denmark: Fashion design school in Copenhagen, art college courses in English in pattern design, fashion drawing, illustration, sewing & draping. Study abroad design, fine arts programs in Denmark & Scandinavia for Americans, international students, mode-og designskole Danmark, København..
Located in the heart of Copenhagen, Margrethe-Skolen is a leading fashion school in Denmark that provides a range of specialized design courses, including fashion & design, pattern construction and fashion drawing. In addition, we offer a two-year further vocational design program, divided into four semesters.
Margrethe-Skolen is the oldest Fashion and Design school in Scandinavia. In more than 80 years, we have educated many of the leading designers, stylists and business people within the Danish and international fashion world.
Fashion is an expression of our time and place. Clothes must both reflect and provoke society. Throughout the education, Margrethe-Skolen seeks to develop esthetic, creative and technical premises to strengthen the students in their creativity and their ability to establish a point of view. The tuition aims to open up for new horizons and thereby stimulate the students towards innovation in the individual design process.
Fashion and trends move constantly through rapid change in order to keep the consumers interested. Students must be inquisitive, investigative and willing to experiment. Their clothes must reflect society and show a deeper understanding of the world around them. Art, culture, sociology, esthetics and philosophy are all aspects of this deeper study.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Denmark & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production