International Gateway Kelowna:
IGK is located in Kelowna, one of Canada’s premier resort destinations and blessed with one of the mildest climates in Canada. The city receives over 300 days of sunshine per year and is one of the fastest growing in Canada with a population of 150,000. The region is renowned for its white sand beaches, fabulous water sports, championship golf courses, award winning wineries and lush orchards. The nearby ski resorts of Big White and Silverstar Mountains are world class with ’champagne powder’ skiing from December to April.
International Gateway Kelowna organizes a wide range of after school and weekend activities and can assist student with their holiday arrangements in Canada and Belize.
Spring (March-May Average temperature 19C)
1. Try Horseback riding at a local ranch and take in a rodeo
2. Enjoy the beautiful spring blossoms and flowers at various parks, gardens and orchards
3. Visit a local museum, art gallery or craft exhibition.
Summer (June-August Average temperature 30C)
1. Swim, boat, fish, parasail, suntan or just relax on 120km Okanagan Lake
2. Golf at one of the 20 nearby championship golf courses
3. Hike or bike the 600km Kettle Valley Railway/ Trans Canada Trail.
Autumn (September-November Average temperature 17C)
1. Experience the world famous International Wine Festival in October
2. Go on agricultural or harvest tours
3. Watch the W.H.L.’s Kelowna Rockets ice hockey team and the Okanagan Sun football team in action.
Winter (December-February Average temperature 2C)
1. Ski, snowboard, snowshoe or snowmobile at nearby Big White, Apex, Silverstar or Crystal Mountain resorts
2. Surround yourself with the Christmas season. Check out events and festive lights around the city
3. Attend a musical, concert, live theatre production or indulge yourself with a spa treatment.
Living with a Canadian family is one of the best ways for students to practice their English skills while at the same time learning about Canadian culture and lifestyle.
IGK host families are carefully screened, monitored and inspected on a regular basis for their ability to provide a safe, clean, caring and friendly living environment. Our host families go through an intensive interview process and fill out a family profile prior to hosting students. IGK host families have a strong interest in welcoming international visitors into their home and they all believe that hosting a student is an enriching and rewarding experience both for the family and also for the student.
Homestays-Single Room, Shared Bath and 3 meals per day.
All Homestay students have access to laundry, telephone and television service. Internet service may be available in the Homestay sometimes at an additional charge.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: #101-565 Bernard Ave.,V1Y 8R4, Kelowna, BC , Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.