Culinary schools in Illinois: Culinary arts degree program in Chicago university offering professional career training for chefs, cooks & hospitality industry staff. Associate degree covering cookery, restaurant operations management and bakery & pastry classes in Cook County IL.
Institute of Culinary Arts, Robert Morris University, Chicago: The Institute of Culinary Arts at Robert Morris University, Chicago, Illinois, offers accredited degree programs that provide the skills, solid foundation, and hands-on experience you need to succeed in any culinary field. You can start your culinary education by studying for an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Culinary Arts. This program includes a culinary internship - imagine working alongside the best chefs in Chicago for 10 weeks. With our internship program, it's a reality!
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Upon completion of your Associate's Degree, you may decide to join the workforce with your enhanced career skills or you can progress to earn a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with a track in Hospitality Management or a Bachelor of Professional Studies in Advanced Culinary Arts.
Associate Degree in Culinary Arts - Major Requirements:
Sanitation and Safety, Culinary Skills I, II & III, Garde Manger, Baking and Pastry, A la Minute Cookery, Culinary Internship, Menu Management & Facilities Design, Restaurant Operations Management.
Choose 8 hours from the following: - American Cuisine (4)
- Taste of the World (4)
- Event Planning & Production I (2)
- Event Planning & Production II (2).
The College of Architecture and the Arts at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the disciplines of art history, architecture, performing arts, studio arts, design converge, and more.
Students admitted into the Bachelor of Architectural Studies curriculum must complete the high school pattern 2 requirements. Students admitted into the Bachelor of Fine Arts curriculum must complete the high school pattern 1 or 2 requirements.
Motivated and academically qualified high school students admitted to the college will be guaranteed admission upon completion of their undergraduate studies to one of the following professional programs: Master of Architecture, Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design or Master of Fine Arts in Industrial Design.
Undergraduate Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Degree Programs:
- Architectural Studies
- Art Education
- Electronic Media
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Studio Arts
- Art History
- Performing Arts (Music, Theater)...
Columbia College Chicago's School of Media Arts caters for students who have a passion for media arts and are striving for a real education with a real future. Columbia College Chicago is the largest and most diverse private arts and media college in the nation. To date the School of Media Arts offer a diverse range of creative academic undergraduate and graduate degree programs in subject areas that include Journalism, Radio, Film & Video, Marketing, and other fields of study.
We know that a well-rounded, broad education in the liberal arts and sciences provides creative students with the context and breadth of knowledge that will feed their creative work, as well as a strong foundation that fully prepares them to enter today's rapidly changing marketplace.
We are situated in one of the 22 buildings that sit in the heart of Chicago's South Loop, home to the Chicago Symphony, the Art Institute, and the Museum Campus. Chicago inspires and instructs: Students gain real-world experience through internships and part-time jobs in the city.
Undergraduate Degree Programs in Media & Arts fields:
- Audio Arts & Acoustics
- Film & Video
- Interactive Arts and Media
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- Marketing Communication
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Film & Video
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- Interdisciplinary Arts & Media
- Interdisciplinary Book & Paper Arts
London Eyes International Academy of Makeup, Chicago
Courses / Programs
Established in 2004, London Eyes International Academy of Makeup is a leading makeup artist school in the Chicago IL area.
With two conveniently-located schools in Rosemont (to the north-west) and Oakbrook Terrace (a western suburb of Chicago), we provide high-quality hands-on training, using state-of-the-art professional products, tools and techniques from around the world.
We offer a range of makeup artist certification programs and master classes in subjects including Beauty Makeup, Media Makeup, Stage Makeup, Special Effects Makeup and Airbrush Makeup.
All of our programs are certified by the Illinois State Board of Education. Upon completion of each course, you are awarded with an Academy State Certificate.
Our mission is to create an environment where students can learn basic, intermediate and advanced makeup skills in order to pursue a career as a Certified Makeup Artist. Our curriculum offers an extensive study of traditional makeup styles, as well as some of the newest and most innovative techniques.
Our intensive training gives our students real life work experience, and ensures that they graduate with the knowledge, confidence, and passion they need to soar in this competitive industry. Take the first step towards a successful career in this exciting and rewarding field!
"This school is great for hands-on training in makeup. The teachers were very skilled and the class size allowed for plenty of one-on-one instruction."
- Velorie M.
- Airbrush Master Class (7 hours)
- Special F/X Master Class (16 hours)
- Special F/X Advanced Master Class (16 hours)
- Business Master Class (3 hours)
- Portfolio Master Class (4 hours)
Recording Connection Audio Institute is a Downtown Chicago-based music school that offers 6-month audio / music production courses where students train as an apprentice under a professional audio engineer, music producer or music artist.
From a structured course curriculum in various platforms, we train you in Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, Reason, and many others.
As part of your course, we pair you with a veteran music producer or engineer, someone with over 10-20 years of professional experience, who you will learn from in their very own studio.
Our method trains you in real studios where you meet industry pros while you train. When you learn with us, you “learn by doing” as an audio apprentice, and you get to see how a real business operates.
6-Month Music & Audio Production Programs:
- Students are paired with a professional audio engineer, music producer or music artist
- Audio Engineering in Pro Tools
- Music Producing in Pro Tools
- Electronic Music Composition in Logic
- Electronic Music, DJ-ing and Live Performance in Ableton Live
- Live Sound
- Engineering Post Audio for Film, TV, Commercials and Video Games
Online Candle Making Classes for Illinois & U.S. students
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in Illinois with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in Illinois, Chicago, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA