The Recording Arts Center, San Diego: The Recording Arts Center operates out of Studio West, the largest and most established recording studio in San Diego County, Southern California. We offer a wide variety of classes with flexible schedules designed to give students the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the world of audio and post production. Class size is strictly limited to ensure that students work on dedicated iMac/M Box 2 Pro Tools workstations and Pro Tools HD systems, and all our instructors are working professionals in their chosen fields.
Pro Tools Operator Certification: The first level of certification in Digidesign's Pro Tools, this program includes four courses:
Pro Tools 101 - File structure and navigation - Edit tools and edit modes - Time scales, ruler views and MIDI controls - How to create and manage tracks - How to save, locate and open sessions - Steps to making your first recording - How to import media into your session - Steps to making your first MIDI recording - Basic editing techniques - Basic mixing techniques - How to manage and finalize a session
Pro Tools 110 Controlling Pro Tools - Managing sessions and tracks - Recording MIDI and audio - Working in a relative timescale - Editing MIDI - Editing audio - Automation Mixing
Pro Tools 201 Pro Tools|HD overview - Customizing Pro Tools to your session requirements - Session management - Selection techniques - Editing techniques - Using automation - Mixing - In-depth plug-in usage - Completing a session - Creating a final mixdown Pro Tools 210 (choose 210M or 210P)
Pro Tools 210M Topics: How to prepare a session - Tracking and overdubbing (use of QuickPunchTM) - Virtual instruments - MIDI composition - Professional editing techniques - Sampling in Pro Tools (using software samplers) - Arranging and producing - Mixing and automation in music production - Synchronizing with an external recorder - Mixing and DSP usage (using sends, inserts, mix buses, and groups for music applications) - Synchronization basics for music applications - Using a Digidesign worksurface in music production Pro Tools 210P Topics: Synchronizing Pro Tools for audio post - Linear video in Pro Tools - Non-linear video in Pro Tools, including QuickTime video and Avid®-compatible media - Video inoperability (using Media Station|PT software) - Recording and editing ADR in Pro tools - Organizing a post session - Editing multi-channel audio in a stereo environment - Mixing to picture, including snapshot automation - Digital picture integration with an emphasis on working with Avid® media - Layback and export options - Using a Digidesign worksurface in post production
Pro Tools Expert Certification: The second level of certification in Digidesign's Pro Tools, this program is comprised of five courses and a comprehensive, 6-hour final exam:
- Pro Tools 101 - Pro Tools 110 - Pro Tools 201 - Pro Tools 210
Pro Tools 310 (choose 310M or 310P)
Pro Tools 310M Topics: Configuration and troubleshooting - Tactile control of Pro Tools (how to increase efficiency on worksurfaces) - Advanced recording and importing audio (includes project interchange) - Advanced editing (expert music editing techniques) Synchronization (detailed common aspects of synchronization) - Advanced routing and mixing (expert mixing concepts) - Advanced automation (Pro Tools expert automation functionality) - Mixing with plug-ins - Music delivery - Expert focus on ICON worksurfaces in music production
Pro Tools 310P Topics: Configuration and workflow troubleshooting - Network and collaboration workflows (using Pro Tools on a network) - Tactile control of Pro Tools (how to increase efficiency on worksurfaces) - Recording Foley with PRE - Conforming with Pro Tools (linear and non-linear conforming) - Expert editing workflows - Advanced routing and mixing (expert mixing concepts) - Advanced automation (Pro Tools expert automation functionality) - Advanced layoff (speed correction) - Expert focus on ICON worksurfaces in post production
Pro Tools 310 Exam
The Music Creation Program: Ideal for the home studio recordist or hobbyist, this program includes four courses:
- Audio Recording Techniques - Pro Tools 101 - Signal Processing with Waves - The Art of Mixing
The Audio Production Program: A combination of Music Creation and Pro Tools Operator Certification, this program includes seven courses:
- Audio Recording Techniques - Pro Tools 101 - Pro Tools 110 - Pro Tools 201 - Pro Tools 210 (choose M or P) - Signal Processing with Waves - The Art of Mixing - The Art of Mixing
South Bay Massage College is an accredited massage therapist training school located in Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles County in Southern California. Our initial massage therapy certification program is 125 hours of education plus 50 hours of spa internship, totaling 175 hours. Subjects covered include Swedish massage, anatomy, nutrition, reflexology, hygiene and hands-on lab practice.
You can become qualified to take the national massage certification exam after completing the required 500 hours of massage education. We also have a wide range of advanced massage courses available including sports massage, deep tissue massage, shiatsu and many others.
Our Internship Spa allows our students to gain hands-on experience performing massages on the public. Our spa is open 7 days a week and there are many shifts available in the morning, mid-day, evening and weekend hours so it’s very flexible around your busy schedule.
Our main campus is located 5 blocks from the beach. Our spa is just 2 blocks from the beach so you can walk down to beach or pier during your breaks. Ample free parking is available.
Established in 1993, Learnet Academy has built a reputation as one of the leading training centers in Los Angeles dedicated to offering specialized professional computer and business-related courses. These offerings include Associate Degree Programs, and a wide range of Certification courses.
We also provide an intensive English as a Foreign Language (EFL) program. The establishment brought to fruition a goal long held by the owner to extend the scope of Learnet Academy’s programs beyond domestic students to include individuals in need of English as a Second or Other Language (ESOL).
Learnet Academy's mission is to provide an education that prepares its students with the ability to meet their academic and professional goal in a globalized world.
Learnet Academy is a Higher Education Institute accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
Associate Degree Programs:
- Business Administration, Associate of Arts Degree
- Computer Business Applications, Associate of Arts Degree
- Computer Information Infrastructure
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Information Technology Administrator
- Computerized Office User Specialist
- Real Estate Finance / Salesperson
- Contractor License
- General Contractor
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language iBT (TOEFL iBT)
New Eden School of Natural Health and Herbal Studies
Courses / Programs
• New Eden School of Natural Health and Herbal Studies provides a wide range of accredited online certificate, diploma and degree courses (including doctorate programs) in the fields of naturopathy, holistic health, natural medicine, and nutrition.
• Our quality programs are studied online in California, across the U.S., Canada, UK, and worldwide.
• Based in Indiana, our mission is to offer students the best accredited online educational programs in natural health and herbal studies that are available.
• Studying with New Eden is easy and affordable. You can start studying with New Eden whenever you want and learn at your own pace.
• Our distance learning courses allow you the convenience and flexibility of studying in your own home or office, and at times that best suit your schedule.
• New Eden has full accreditation with the American Council for Holistic Medicine (ACHM), which provides clinical training for graduates.
• We also have school approval with the American Naturopathic Certification Board, and the International Association of Natural Health Practitioners (IANHP).
Student Testimonial: "Thank you so much for your assistance and advice while I was enrolled in the ND program. I experienced first rate advice and guidance from you and the staff. All of my calls and emails were answered in a very timely manner."
- Thomas, Doctor of Naturopathy Graduate
City College of San Francisco (CCSF), located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California, on the West Coast of America, is an accredited two-year community college offering Certificate and Associate degree programs to both national and international students in Nursing, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Studies, Travel and Tourism, Environmental Horticulture and Floristry and more. Students attend City College for a variety of reasons. You can earn a degree or certificate, earn the credits needed to transfer to a four-year college or university or gain basic skills. Whatever your goals or needs, becoming a City College student will help you meet them.
City College of San Francisco welcomes International Students from throughout the world. Our International Student Programs encompass the Academic and Intensive English Programs. There are currently over 1200 students from 90 countries studying at our various campuses. Their presence complements a broad mosaic of multi-ethnic students from San Francisco.
City College of San Francisco is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of School and Colleges (WASC).
Certificate & Associate Degree Programs:
- Intensive English Program
- Homestay Program
- Travel and Tourism
- Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Environmental Horticulture and Floristry
- Child Development and Family Studies
- Computer Science
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality Studies
- Dental Assisting
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Health Care Technology
- Nursing, Registered (RN)
- Physics/Physical Science
Established in 1998 in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, The Stork Stops Here is a nationally recognized postpartum care company that has been highlighted on MTV for its services. We offer a nanny training program for interested individuals wanting to work in the private sector of childcare. We also help families find professional, loving nannies for their child-care and domestic needs. To assist new parents, families and caregivers with the care of newborn babies, we proudly offer a wide variety of high quality infant care services including baby sleep training, newborn care and potty training.
Our goal is to cultivate and enhance the natural instincts of the parent which enables them to gain a clear understanding of their newborn. That our postpartum service is recognized as one of the top postpartum services in the country can be attributed to our professional staff of baby nurses and postpartum doulas who must complete an extensive training program and past a written test for registry consideration. The staff must also submit to a health screening, background check and be certified in infant/child CPR and First Aid.
- Nanny Training Program
- Newborn Specialist Training
- Baby Nurse Training
- Health & Safety Courses including CPR, First Aid for babies and adults
To assist new parents, families and caregivers with the care of newborn babies, we offer a wide variety of high quality infant care services including baby sleep training, newborn care, potty training. Classes are available in a classroom setting or as a Distance Learning course.
• Gain spray tan certification in California or online with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - we offer the longest-running spray tan classes in the world!
• Aviva provides onsite spray tan certification programs in Los Angeles and San Diego in Southern California and San Francisco in the Bay Area.
• In each city, our spray tanning training takes place in a leading hotel.
• We also offer convenient, short and comprehensive online spray tan certification programs to beauty professionals and complete beginners based in California and nationwide.
• On completion of your course, you receive a Certificate.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our students are those who are looking to add sunless tanning certification to their beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, want to host mobile spray tan parties, or improve the profitability of their current spray tanning business.
• We offer in-class spray tan training in a host of other venues throughout the U.S. & Canada, including Las Vegas & Reno NV, NYC, Boston MA, Houston & Dallas TX.
Student Review: "I had taken several online courses and what set Aviva's apart for me was the in-depth demonstration of spraying technique. It completely changed my game up 100%.
I would recommend Aviva to others because they are amazing at what they do. They are leaders in this business and simply the best." • Sophia Rocha, Owner, Golden Glow Studio Mobile Spray Tanning Services, Long Beach CA