International boarding schools in Europe: Boarding schools in Austria, Vienna IB international school for boys and girls. American & British co-ed private schools in Vienna. Senior residential secondary school education & junior boarding for elementary/ primary school students. High school year abroad programs in Switzerland, UK, France, Italy..
AMADEUS International School is a private day and boarding school in Vienna, Austria based in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility. The first international boarding school in Vienna, our programmes are designed for primary, middle and secondary school students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. We warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, race, or physical ability.
Our quality academic programmes include the high honors-level IB Diploma, as well as the standard-level High School Diploma programme, both of which are taught in English.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5-10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Our boarding programmes offer a 'Home Away From Home' atmosphere and include weekly or semester boarding to international students and local students. All of our premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards.
Academic Programmes - Boarding options available from Grade 6:
- Primary School and Middle School programmes
- High honors-level IB Diploma programme taught in English for secondary school students
- Standard-level High School Diploma programme taught in English for Grades 7-12
- Professional classical music education
Boarding school features:
- Day boarding and Full boarding are available; weekly boarding is possible upon request
- Purpose-built boarding facilities
- Full-time boarding staff & security
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Switzerland, Europe, and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Ideally located in Central Europe, Aiglon College is an English-speaking, independent, co-educational, international boarding school in south-western Switzerland. We offer a well-rounded education to students ages 9-18 in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented.
Situated in the French-speaking village of Chesieres-Villars in the Swiss Alps, Aiglon College is easily accessible by car or public transport. Geneva International Airport is only 1.5 hours away.
All courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers.
The school follows the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. For the final two years, sixth-form students study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme.
Our campus combines the traditional charm of chalet-style buildings with modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and a campus-wide computer network. There is a staff to pupil ratio of 1 to 5 and an average of 8 students per class.
English-speaking boarding school for international students ages 9-18:
- Junior School
- Middle School - British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE exams
- Sixth Form - International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme
- Snowsports & Languages Programme at Easter (April)
- Languages & Sports Summer School (July)
- IELTS exam preparation
- U.S. American College Board Exams preparation...
AMADEUS Music Academy is part of the AMADEUS International Day & Boarding School in Vienna, Austria, and specializes in classical music education and professional training at the highest international level for K-12 students who are highly talented and gifted young musicians, as well as academic students with an interest in classical music training. Studied alongside our International Baccalaureate / High School curriculum, our Music Academy programme is based on vocal and instrumental training with some of the most prestigious teachers in Vienna. The AMADEUS Music Academy is mandatory for all students.
Situated in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility in the beautiful 18th district of north-west Vienna, we warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, race, religion, or physical ability.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option for students from Grade 6.
Not only do our students learn music theory and performance practices, they also engage in practical lessons with their respective instruments.
- For the school year 2013/14, we provide training for students in Elementary / Primary School (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5 to 10 with a boarding option available from Grade 6.
- Master classes in voice, classical instrumental music & ballet
- Music theory
- Performance practices
- Daily practical lessons
- Experienced faculty
- Violin/ Viola
- Trumpet/ Trombone
- Singing/ Voice Training
Located in Oswestry, Shropshire in the West Midlands of England, Oswestry School is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 4 -18 with boarding facilities available for boys and girls from 11-18 years. Oswestry School is large enough to possess many first-class facilities, yet small enough for each pupil to be well known and make a really significant contribution.
High quality teaching enables pupils to realise their academic potential and, equally significantly, acquire skills, confidence and leadership qualities through participating in a broad range of activities and taking on a variety of responsibilities.
We are a non-selective boarding school of over 400 girls and boys. Boarders at Oswestry School make up about one third of our community; they come from both the UK and overseas, with 23 nationalities represented.
Boarders are encouraged to play a full part in the life of the school, thereby developing their skills and interests and becoming confident young adults, ready to take their place in the world. Over the weekend there is plenty of free time to relax, or visit Oswestry and surroundings.
- Boarding programmes for boys and girls 11-18 years
- Day Programmes for boys and girls 4-18 years
- Prepcare Nursery Section
- Lower School
- Upper School
- Sixth Form
- Learning Support Department
- English as an acquired language (EAL) Lessons for international students
Set in a stunning location in Montreux, high in the Swiss Alps, Surval Montreux is a small international boarding school for girls between the ages of 13–18. We provide IGCSEs, A Levels, Foundation Year, American High School Diploma and a Liberal Arts Programme focused on combining social and practical skills, languages and a strong cultural and creative focus. We also offer comprehensive Summer and Winter Camp programmes.
We offer girls the opportunity to love learning, to develop and grow intellectually, personally, spiritually and to become leaders. Through the combination of an internationally recognised academic curriculum and a strong focus on developing creative and social skills, Surval Montreux will prepare girls for further studies at top international universities, and for the challenges they will face in high positions in the future.
• Located in Verneuil sur Seine, just 38km north-west of Paris, Notre Dame International High School (NDIHS) is a private American High School offering day and boarding (5 and 7 day) programs to students from around the world in Grades 9-12.
• NDIHS provides an exciting opportunity to learn the French language and culture while attending an American curriculum (taught in English) that leads to an American high school diploma.
• NDIHS follows the Nacel Interntional School System (NISS). We offer supervised and modern boarding facilities. In addition, we can organize French homestays for further French cultural immersion.
• Students may enroll in a full course of study or participate in a dual diploma program, in which they take their standard country courses and supplement that course of study with key subjects from the American core curriculum.
• The US High School curriculum (ESL, Math, English, Social Studies and Science) is taught by American teachers. Arts, Music and Physical Education are taught by French teachers. The special French curriculum is provided by our French sister school, Notre Dame Les Oiseaux.
• Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
• NDIHS is located on the campus of Notre Dame Les Oiseaux, in the town of Verneuil sur Seine, only 35 minutes north-west of Paris city center by train.