Boarding schools in Europe: IB international schools, European private schools, American boarding schools, British curriculum boarding schools, independent Catholic boarding schools for girls, boys. High school study abroad programs, university & college preparatory schools in the EU countries for international students.
Ideally located in Central Europe, Aiglon College is an English-speaking, independent, co-educational, international boarding school in south-western Switzerland. We offer a well-rounded education to students ages 9-18 in a secure and friendly international community, with over 50 nationalities represented.
Situated in the French-speaking village of Chesieres-Villars in the Swiss Alps, Aiglon College is easily accessible by car or public transport. Geneva International Airport is only 1.5 hours away.
All courses are taught in English, with a high-quality ESL (English as a Second Language) programme for all non-English speakers.
The school follows the British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. For the final two years, sixth-form students study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme.
Our campus combines the traditional charm of chalet-style buildings with modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and a campus-wide computer network. There is a staff to pupil ratio of 1 to 5 and an average of 8 students per class.
English-speaking boarding school for international students ages 9-18:
- Junior School
- Middle School - British National Curriculum in preparation for IGCSE exams
- Sixth Form - International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme
- Snowsports & Languages Programme at Easter (April)
- Languages & Sports Summer School (July)
- IELTS exam preparation
- U.S. American College Board Exams preparation...
• Canadian College Italy (CCI) is Canada's only co-educational, boarding college in Italy that provides grades 10-12 (high school graduation) in the English language. We welcome students from all over the world.
• Conveniently located just two hours east of Rome in Lanciano, in the Central Italy region, CCI unites the advantages of a Canadian university preparatory education with the sophistication of private schools in Europe.
• Students may enroll for a single semester or up to three academic years (two semesters / year). All students board within our own residences in this charming, safe medieval city.
• CCI has become a unique source of highest quality English language education, preparing students for university entrance in the USA, UK, Canada and Europe.
• Our graduates have earned acceptances and scholarships to major universities worldwide such as Queen's, McGill, Toronto, Victoria, Dalhousie, Alberta, Illinois, Southern California, Columbia, Dartmouth, Bond (Australia), among others.
• Our mission is to provide a unique environment in which students experience a renaissance: academically, socially and culturally.
• CCI Lanciano is accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education in Canada and we are members of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
Located in the County of Kent, just east of London, Rochester Independent College (RIC) is a progressive alternative to conventional secondary education with a happily distinctive ethos.
Accepting day students from the age of 11 and boarders from 16, the focus is on exam success in a lively, supportive and informal atmosphere. Students are encouraged to be themselves and achieve exam results that often exceed their expectations.
The College has an atmosphere closer to university than school. About 65 of the College's 280 students are boarders. Our Halls combine the informality of a university residence with the supervision and pastoral support appropriate for young adults.
The College offers students the opportunity to thrive in an atmosphere of managed independence, and acts as a stepping stone between school and university.
Students who are 15 are considered if their 16th birthday falls within the first half term of the academic year. College accommodation is in either single or double rooms. All rooms have a direct telephone and internet connection.
RIC is accredited by the ISC (Independent Schools Council) and a member of the Independent Schools Association.
Testimonial: “I was so impressed with all the classes & teaching I saw and came away with a very positive view of the College, its ethos & aspirations for the students. The priority of teaching & learning was foremost and the students projected such a positive attitude towards their studies”
- Peter Read, Education Advisor
Rathdown School is a private day and boarding girls' school located in Glenageary in south county Dublin, on the east coast of Ireland. We provide 5-day and 7-day boarding for 12-18 year olds in our senior school.
Founded in 1973, Rathdown was built on the proud traditions of four original schools: The Hall School, Hillcourt School, Park House School and Glengara Park School.
Rathdown currently has around 600 girls enrolled - 400 in the Senior School and 200 in the Junior School. Class sizes rarely exceed 25, so it is possible to give individual attention and to develop the special abilities and interests of each student.
The school enjoys a superb location and setting. The 16 acre site is set back from the road on a hill overlooking the sea and with inland views of the Wicklow mountains.
Being a boarding school and welcoming students of all nationalities, helps to promote an awareness of cultural diversity in our community where mutual understanding and respect prevail.
Parent Testimonial: "She has enjoyed herself immensely and at the same time progressed academically. It has been a great experience. It has been great at all levels."
- Ruth Cosgrove (Second Year Parent) – Ireland / Spain
- Our senior school offers Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate Programs.
- We are committed to providing an education of the highest standard, so that our students develop the skills and character to do well in State Examinations and more importantly, become life-long learners.
- An extensive range of pastoral, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are provided.
Situated in Sitges, only 30 minutes south of Barcelona, International School of Barcelona (ISB) is a leading international school providing day and boarding programs for local and international students at primary school and secondary school levels (for ages 5-18). The language of instruction is English.
ISB offers quality education based on the British international programme, as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma for senior students (ages 16-18).
We are supported by the British Council and the Catalonian Dept. of Education.
At ISB, we aim to provide an international perspective to your child’s learning from a young age. He or she will receive a comprehensive education, with an approach designed to personalize the learning process.
ISB offers you everything you could wish for your child: a strong academic programme, good manners, sport and top-class facilities in an excellent environment.
Our objective is to provide a warm family atmosphere, where dedicated staff encourage and nurture the development of the whole child.
Our modern building with spacious classrooms is complemented by a large patio and playing areas.
Student Testimonial: "Boarding has helped me achieve my potential academically - I have performed far better than when I was just a day student. The structure of the boarding lifestyle provided an excellent base to enjoy school and make friends while getting the balance between social life and school work."
- ISB Boarding Student
Edukick France provides full academic year and half-year soccer programs in Cannes, South of France for qualified student-footballers from around the world.
Our co-educational junior program is designed for both boys and girls ages 13-15 who are competitive football/soccer players in good academic standing.
Our senior boarding program is open to qualified international players ages 16+ (with seperate programs for boys and girls). French language fluency is NOT required.
Our junior academy players live in homestay accommodation with carefully-selected local French host families. Junior players receive high-quality football coaching and also attend our affiliated public French school Les Campelieres, where they follow the full-time academic French National Curriculum.
Edukick France's senior programs combine quality football coaching with French language classes. Full boarding facilities are available.
The EduKick France - Hidalgo International Football Academy (HIFA) courses are overseen by the renowned former French National Team Coach, Michel Hidalgo in beautiful Cannes & Le Cannet-Mougins. Cannes is located only 30km from Nice International Airport on the famous French Riviera.
Co-Ed Junior Academy Program - ages 13-15:
- Academic year or half-year program for boys & girls that combines quality football coaching with full-time education in a French public school.
- Homestay accommodation
Senior Programs for boys & girls aged 16+:
- A year-long or half-year program for qualified international candidates ages 16 years+ that combines quality football coaching with French language classes.
- Separate programs for boys and girls.
- Full boarding facilities are available
AMADEUS International School is a private day and boarding school in Vienna, Austria based in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility. The first international boarding school in Vienna, our programmes are designed for primary, middle and secondary school students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. We warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, race, or physical ability.
Our quality academic programmes include the high honors-level IB Diploma, as well as the standard-level High School Diploma programme, both of which are taught in English.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5-10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Our boarding programmes offer a 'Home Away From Home' atmosphere and include weekly or semester boarding to international students and local students. All of our premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards.
Academic Programmes - Boarding options available from Grade 6:
- Primary School and Middle School programmes
- High honors-level IB Diploma programme taught in English for secondary school students
- Standard-level High School Diploma programme taught in English for Grades 7-12
- Professional classical music education
Boarding school features:
- Day boarding and Full boarding are available; weekly boarding is possible upon request
- Purpose-built boarding facilities
- Full-time boarding staff & security
Situated in Ommen, in the Vecht valley of the province of Overijssel in Eastern Netherlands, and established in 1934 International School Eerde is the only international school with on campus boarding in the Netherlands. We offer boarding for boys and girls from age 12. The school also provides day education for children 4-19 years of age.
Instruction takes place in English. International School Eerde offers a first-class academic program and well-rounded array of athletic, cultural and performing arts. Since its foundation, Eerde has matured into a sophisticated institution. Eerde is accredited by CIS and is a member of ECIS.
Our students achieve outstanding results in the International Baccalaureate Diploma and IGCSE examinations. Our teams participate successfully in sports, cultural conventions, Harvard Model Congress and many other arenas.
Virtually all our students go on to tertiary education, including the finest colleges and universities in the world. Those that leave us at the earlier grades integrate well into diverse national and international systems. Our students live in comfortable modern rooms and are cared for by live-in boarding parents.
- Boarding programs for students from age 12 upwards
- Day Programs for children aged 4-19
- Primary and Secondary School
- Cambridge Pathway (Cambridge Primary, CS1, CS2, (IGCSE) and
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- All programs are taught in English
Landesschule Pforta is a Grade 9-12 German boarding school with a long tradition and special concept of furthering talented students in languages, music and natural sciences. Situated close to the cities of Leipzig and Naumburg in eastern Germany, instruction is through German, and every student has to choose one of three centers of interest: Foreign Languages, Music or Natural Sciences.
At Pforta, about 400 students from all parts of Germany live and learn from the 9th to the 12th grade, i.e. from the age of 14 to 18. Our boarding houses do not offer merely accommodation for those students who live too far away to go home every day, but also a safe and secure living and learning environment.
Conditions of admission include good performances at school, social involvement, and passing the entrance examination. The school-leaving certificate (Abitur) prepares graduates for university study.
The aim of our education program is not the constriction of one-sided specialization, but rather the broadening of general higher education in a field where individual interest and capabilities motivate to additional efforts and higher performances.
Herlufsholm Skole is a boys & girls boarding school and mixed day school with an International Baccalaureate department. The language of instruction in the IB-department is English & Danish. Herlufsholm aims to provide a Danish framework, encompassing Christian and democratic ideals, in a historic setting, for the optimal preparation of young people - irrespective of background and financial means - for their adult lives. It remains a boarding school rich in tradition, but it is also a modern, internationally oriented institution. Both in and out of the classroom, Herlufsholm pupils acquire the professional and personal skills required to be able to play their parts as responsible citizens making a positive contribution to national and international society.
International Baccalaureate - 2 year course in English at the level of the two last classes in the Senior school. The final examination is the same for pupils all over the world. Junior school, Senior School Programmes.
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2020-02-26 were from viewers in:
Ste Anne des plaines/ Québec, Canada;
Retreat, Capetown, South Africa;
George Town, Cayman Islands;
North Dakota, USA;
Plaine magnien, Mauritius;
Johannesburg, South Africa;
You are here: School & College Search> Boarding Schools in Europe> International residential schools, senior & junior boarding schools for boys & girls in the UK, London, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands...