Bromsgrove School, Worcestershire:
Bromsgrove School is a leading independent co-educational day and boarding school located in the town of Bromsgrove in Worcestershire in the West Midlands region of Central England. We offer an outstanding education for students ages 3-18 in our Preparatory School, Senior School and Sixth Form, and boarding is available for students aged 13 -18. At Sixth Form level, International Baccalaureate, A levels or limited BTEC options are available.
- Preparatory School
- Senior School
- Sixth Form (International Baccalaureate, A levels or a limited BTEC option are available)
- Boarding facilities for students ages 13-18
Why Choose Bromsgrove School?
The Good Schools Guide proclaims that Bromsgrove "inhabits the academic stratosphere", enjoys "oustanding leadership" and "outstanding sport", while official inpectors OFSTED rate both Senior and Prep School as "outstanding." If you believe in league tables, then Bromsgrove is in the top ten (sometimes top five) of all British coeducational boarding/day schools. The School's facilities are exceptional.
Though over twelve hundred of the fifteen hundred pupils in the constituencies of Bromsgrove School are British, Bromsgrove is home to thirty-five different nationalities.
- All Bromsgrove pupils, be they day or boarding, are attached to a house. The houses are small communities of 13 to 18 year olds, usually consisting of around 60 pupils. (The only exception is Housman Hall which is Sixth Form only). A houseparent, housemother and dedicated team of tutors and support staff are responsible for the well-being and happiness of pupils within the house.
- Great boarding schools offer pupils a home, not a place to sleep after work. People, not systems, must come first. One mixed, two girls’ and three boys’ boarding houses provide those homes at Bromsgrove.
- The houses are different, as boarding houses in the best schools should be, but there are core values and structures shared by all. Houseparents are resident in the boarding houses with their own families. They are academic staff, and are supported by a housemother. Bromsgrove boarders will see family life going on around them.
Insisting boarders fill every second of a Sunday with organised activity is ridiculous, but so is leaving young people adrift with nothing to do. Some boarding schools become ghost towns at weekends. Bromsgrove does not.
To start with, we never close: there are no exeat weekends and so we guarantee a lively programme of weekend activities that are, for the most part, optional. Sport, Art and many recreational facilities are also open, and inevitably there will be rehearsals for plays and concerts. Bromsgrove looks to nourish its boarders without force feeding them.
Saturday evening and Sunday activities are numerous and varied as befits a true boarding school. From high culture (trips to London and Stratford theatres) to paintballing, go-karting to concerts, Bromsgrove looks to inform, entertain and, occasionally, thrill its boarding community.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Worcester Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.