Private Schools in California: Montessori schools in Elk Grove, preschools in Sacramento area, child care centers, daycare service for toddlers, preschoolers, pre-kindergarten programs, early childhood education in Sacramento County
Montessori Country Academy: Montessori Country Academy is a child care center offering a nurturing and stimulating environment for children ages 18 months to 6 years in Elk Grove, Sacramento County. Children are placed in multi-aged classrooms with attention to their ability and development, rather than strictly by age. In this way, children progress through the curriculum at their own rate and learn according to their specific interests and abilities.
Montessori Programs & Curriculum: Because 80 percent of a child's development takes place before he or she is eight years old, Montessori schools like Montessori Country Academy takes special care in creating programs and curriculum that keep young children engaged and balance all areas of their development, social, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual. Areas of study include:
- Practical Life - Sensorial Training - Mathematics - Language - Cultural Studies - Arts and Music - The Outdoor Environment
* Toddler Program (18 mos.-2 ½ years): At this early age, we maintain small class sizes and a 1:5 teacher/child ratio to promote an intimate and safe environment. The emphasis is on creating a warm, loving and caring atmosphere in which children can adapt easily to new social interactions with both peers and adults.
* Transition Program (2 ½ - 3 ½ years): Our Transition class provides a bridge between our Toddler and Pre/Kindergarten Programs. Class size remains small, but children begin to interact with more advanced materials.
* Pre-Kindergarten Program (3-6 years): This classroom uses the Montessori method to help children grow socially, emotionally and cognitively. The children work at their own pace, either independently or quietly in small groups. They also choose their own materials based on skills they have not yet mastered. The teacher observes and assesses the child's progress to decide which new activities or materials should be introduced.
* Kindergarten Program: Children who stay at Montessori Country Academy for their kindergarten year have the advantage of solid relationships with teachers who already know their learning style and can hit the ground running. They are ready to transform concepts into knowledge and transition from hands-on learning to abstract thinking.
Jenny Hart Early Education Center in Irvine, Orange County, is a full day Christian preschool serving children ages two years through to kindergarten. We are open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and offer a full day program, half days are not available.
We serve breakfast in the early morning as well as morning and afternoon snack. We also serve milk with lunches that the children bring from home. We have 6 classrooms and low teacher / child ratios in a family environment. We are a ministry of the Irvine Presbyterian Church, founded in 1985 in memory of Jennifer Lynn Hart. (1978 - 1984).
At Jenny Hart Early Education Center, we encourage self-esteem, social skills and creativity by fostering trust and autonomy, while providing a balance of Christian values and pre-academic concepts. Our children learn through play in an environment purposefully designed for learning, discovering and social cooperation.
Located in Pacific Palisades in Los Angeles, Calvary Christian School (CCS) is a private Christian School offering Pre-School, Elementary & Middle School Programs to children from ages 2 years old and up. Calvary Christian School is connected with Calvary Chapel of Pacific Palisades and is fully accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Calvary Christian School provides an exemplary high school preparatory education for preschool through to eighth grade students in a Christian day school environment. Calvary attracts families who seek an educational experience for their children that balances rigorous academic preparation with activities, athletics and an emphasis on Christian moral and ethical development.
Calvary Christian School draws students from several cities on the Westside of Los Angeles, California, including Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Malibu, Brentwood, Marina Del Rey and West Los Angeles.
Located on a beautiful 75-acre campus at the base of Mt. Diablo in Danville, Contra Costa County CA, The Athenian School is an independent co-educational college preparatory day and boarding school. We offer a day program for Middle School students (grades 6 - 8) from the East Bay region and day and boarding programs for Upper School students (grades 9 - 12) from the US and throughout the world.
Boarding students from throughout the world live in two dormitories, housing approximately 20 students each. More than 20 faculty members live on campus, providing extraordinary guidance and support for all students.
Total enrollment is approximately 450 students, 150 in the 6th-8th grades and 300 day and boarding students in grades 9-12. Class size averages 15 students, and nearly 100% of the school's graduates gain admission to outstanding four-year colleges. The Athenian School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Meher Montessori School in Altadena (approximately 14 miles from downtown Los Angeles) in Southern CA, is an AMI accredited Montessori school serving children from two and a half through six years of age. Young children who attend our AMI accredited school can learn many academic subjects with ease and joy.
The Montessori materials offer the children experiences with phonics, geography, the decimal system, addition, subtraction, geometry, botany, reading, writing, art and other subjects. Because of these excellent academic opportunities, children are usually at traditional first or second grade level when they leave our primary classrooms and enter our elementary program.
The Frostig School offers a full range of academic and support services for students in Grades 1-12 who have been diagnosed with learning disabilities (LD) including dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia along with ADHD, ADD and Asperger’s. Situated in Pasadena, the school serves students in West Los Angeles, Pasadena and the San Fernando / San Gabriel Valley areas. Frostig School is dedicated to helping children with learning disabilities reach their full potential.
To ensure every child is learning to his/her fullest potential, we maintain a small classroom size of 12 students with a 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio. All of our teachers are credentialed in special education. Frostig is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and certified by the California Department of Education. We have an open enrollment policy allowing students to be accepted throughout the school year.
Our curriculum is specifically designed to help students understand their own strengths and weaknesses enabling them to reach their highest potential. On average, most students attend our school for 3-4 years and then mainstream back to other schools.