Preschools in San Francisco, CA: Child care centers in the Bay Area. Daycare services for toddlers & preschoolers. Early childhood education & nursery school programs in the Sunset District of San Francisco.
Playmates Cooperative Nursery School: Playmates Co-operative Nursery School is located at 2340 42nd Avenue in the Sunset District in the west-central part of San Francisco. Playmates Co-operative has offered families a supportive and creative learning environment for over 50 years. We provide an excellent child-centered nursery program for children 2½ to 6 years of age as well as a transitional kindergarden program. Children with special needs are welcome. Our special Young5 program offers a program tailored especially for the individual needs of young five year olds. To enroll in our Young5 program, a child must be five years old by December 31st.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
An adult-to-child ratio of one-to-five provides individualized attention, a safe environment, and many opportunities for creative expression.
Education Programs: - Nursery program for children 2 1/2 to 6 years of age
- Transitional kindergarten program
- Young 5 program for ages: 2 1/2 - 6 years
- Extended care available from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Summer programs
* A.M. session: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
* P.M. session: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Young 5 program: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
* Part-time attendance (3, 4 or 5 days / week)
* Non-teaching / teaching slots available
* Lunch Bunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Pilgrim School, a division of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, is an ethnically and culturally diverse, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school in Wilshire Center for students in preschool through to the twelfth grade. We are located approximately 3 - 4 miles west of downtown Los Angeles, CA. Pilgrim School offers a traditional college preparatory curriculum, emphasizing the mastery of fundamental skills and critical thinking at all levels, from preschool through high school. 100% of Pilgrim students are college bound. Over the past five years, students at Pilgrim School have received admission to major colleges and universities.
Our mission is to provide a superior interdisciplinary education, designed to enable students to attain the skills necessary to become self-sufficient, creative and independent thinkers, as well as responsible, ethical and socially conscious citizens.
Small classes ensure that all students receive extensive personal attention from professional and caring faculty and staff members. Pilgrim School is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
Are you searching for a quality private school in the San Fernando Valley area?
Located in Lake View Terrace, in the foothills of the beautiful Angeles National Forest, Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is a coeducational day school providing a preschool through 12th grade program.
We admit students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is one of several schools in the Delphi Schools Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods.
All of our teachers have been thoroughly trained in the study and teaching methods practiced at Delphi Academy.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
In addition to rounding out academic studies in literature, mathematics, writing, science, history, and government, our students gain practical understanding and experience in the subjects of leadership, integrity and logic, as well as management and organizational skills.
Student Testimonial: "The thing I really like about Delphi is that they let you feel important. You don’t have to be afraid to be who you are! The teachers are great! Delphi makes learning fun.”
- Middle School Student
Academic Programs for Preschool-Grade 12 Students:
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• High School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)
Montessori Scotts Valley (MSV) provides the highest quality Montessori education from birth on, through our infants, toddlers & primary programs in Scotts Valley in Santa Cruz County. As the only child care facility and school in Santa Cruz County associated with the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), MSV guarantees families throughout the county a true Montessori experience.
Each child at Montessori Scotts Valley is actively supported in the self-directed pursuit of lifelong intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth. Some families appreciate the children's joyful learning, others enjoy the beautiful indoor and outdoor children's environments, and many thrive in our warm community. We serve children using the philosophy and curriculum developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Montessori education provides an education for life.
Montessori Scotts Valley first opened its doors for children in September 2003. Specially trained Head Teachers and Assistant Teachers staff our school. All Head Teachers hold a Bachelor’s degree as well as a teaching diploma from the Association Montessori Internationale, the original overseeing organization established by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Nido (Infants) program: This program serves infants from 6 weeks of age to 18 months.
- Toddlers program: The Puffins, our toddler class, serves children from 18 months through to 3 years.
- Primary programs: At three years, sometimes earlier, children are ready to join one of our two Primary - preschool - environments, the Otters / Dolphins, where they will stay for 3 years and through Kindergarten.
- Summer programs: These are a great way to continue your child's Montessori education.
West Hollywood Children's Academy offers year-round preschool, kindergarten and first grade programs in the West Hollywood Area of Los Angeles CA. We strive to provide children with a high quality academic program in a safe and nurturing environment. Intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development is the primary concern of the staff and the administration of West Hollywood Children’s Academy.
At West Hollywood Children's Academy, our basic philosophy has enabled the school to develop an atmosphere that stresses the right of each individual to be different and unique while developing confidence, mutual respect and a degree of co-operation, allowing each child to strive for higher academic achievements and to grow in self-esteem.
St. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal School is located on 4 acres in Winnetka in the heart of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles County, just minutes from Warner Center. At our school, we offer preschool, elementary school and middle school education programs. In both our elementary and middle school programs, we provide a strong traditional academic program, as well as an excellent enrichment program.
St. Martin's offers a robust after school program which includes competive sports, homework club, scouting and more. Graduates from St. Martin's are accepted into many fine private high schools in the San Fernando Valley.
* Preschool program: Four main areas of development: intellectual, physical, emotional & social
* Elementary & Middle School programs: Mathematics, reading, language arts, penmanship, literature, study skills, science, history, social studies & health
* Comprehensive enrichment program: Art, computers, music and drama, performing arts, religious instruction, Spanish, physical education, library, educational field trips & more...