Preschools in San Francisco, CA: Child care centers in the Bay Area. Daycare services for toddlers & preschoolers. Early childhood education & nursery school programs in the Sunset District of San Francisco.
Playmates Cooperative Nursery School: Playmates Co-operative Nursery School is located at 2340 42nd Avenue in the Sunset District in the west-central part of San Francisco. Playmates Co-operative has offered families a supportive and creative learning environment for over 50 years. We provide an excellent child-centered nursery program for children 2½ to 6 years of age as well as a transitional kindergarden program. Children with special needs are welcome. Our special Young5 program offers a program tailored especially for the individual needs of young five year olds. To enroll in our Young5 program, a child must be five years old by December 31st.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
An adult-to-child ratio of one-to-five provides individualized attention, a safe environment, and many opportunities for creative expression.
Education Programs: - Nursery program for children 2 1/2 to 6 years of age
- Transitional kindergarten program
- Young 5 program for ages: 2 1/2 - 6 years
- Extended care available from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Summer programs
* A.M. session: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
* P.M. session: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Young 5 program: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
* Part-time attendance (3, 4 or 5 days / week)
* Non-teaching / teaching slots available
* Lunch Bunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
Are you searching for a quality private school in the San Fernando Valley area?
Located in Lake View Terrace, in the foothills of the beautiful Angeles National Forest, Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is a coeducational day school providing a preschool through 12th grade program.
We admit students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is one of several schools in the Delphi Schools Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods.
All of our teachers have been thoroughly trained in the study and teaching methods practiced at Delphi Academy.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
In addition to rounding out academic studies in literature, mathematics, writing, science, history, and government, our students gain practical understanding and experience in the subjects of leadership, integrity and logic, as well as management and organizational skills.
Student Testimonial: "The thing I really like about Delphi is that they let you feel important. You don’t have to be afraid to be who you are! The teachers are great! Delphi makes learning fun.”
- Middle School Student
Academic Programs for Preschool-Grade 12 Students:
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• High School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)
Day-McKellar Preparatory School in La Mesa in San Diego County, Southern CA, is an accredited private school for children in grades Kindergarten through to 12th. At Day-McKeller, the emphasis is on critical thinking and reasoning skills. Our classrooms are designed to suit each subject and its optimal teaching and learning experience.
Day-McKellar Preparatory School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Day-McKellar Preparatory School is an inspiring educational community where families cultivate integrity, self-awareness and appreciation for all of life's wonders so they can create an inspired life spent realizing their dreams.
- Kindergarten through to 12th grade
- Ideal 1:8 faculty-to-student ratio
- Individualized education for every child
- Constructivist, or experience-based, learning
- Emphasis on critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Expert writing instruction
- Harvard Math Standards
- Classrooms designed to suit each subject
Located on Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA, near the Bay, Presidio Knolls School is a non-profit Mandarin-immersion Reggio Emilia inspired pre-school. Our school comprises of a dedicated, generous group of parents and teachers who are committed to providing a multi-lingual, multi-cultural English and Mandarin Chinese environment where children can freely develop their gifts and interests. Since the inception of the school in February 2008, the faculty and parents have been working very hard to realize these goals. We serve families from Chinatown, Cow Hollow, Russian Hill, Pacific Heights and throughout San Fransico Bay communities.
Since the school was established, we have made great strides in implementing a Reggio Emilia inspired teaching philosophy in a Mandarin immersion classroom. To facilitate language reinforcement at home, we have produced and published weekly Youtube videos of Mandarin songs and stories. The teachers have also infused Chinese traditions, such as ancient poetry and festival celebrations, into the program to foster cultural awareness and expose our children to more sophisticated vocabularies.
Located in the heart of Noe Valley in Central San Francisco, St Philip's School offers small class sizes to students from all walks of life in classes Kindergarten to 8th grade. Low student-teacher ratios give students the individual attention they need to excel in all aspects of the school curriculum.
Up-to-date mobile technology laboratories and a recently remodelled library give students both traditional and contemporary access to information as they prepare for the future. St Philip's School addresses the unique, spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional and academic needs of our students.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
The University Of Children Montessori School, Inglewood
Courses / Programs
The University Of Children Montessori School, located in Inglewood, South Bay, LA, California, is a Montessori School offering programs to newborns through fifth graders. Since 1965, the University Of Children has been a trusted source of quality education for young scholars. Our unique environment is designed to give each child a solid educational framework. However, we know that an enjoyable hands-on learning environment is conducive to optimal development, and that’s why we make sure our young scholars have fun too!