Preschools in San Francisco, CA: Child care centers in the Bay Area. Daycare services for toddlers & preschoolers. Early childhood education & nursery school programs in the Sunset District of San Francisco.
Playmates Cooperative Nursery School: Playmates Co-operative Nursery School is located at 2340 42nd Avenue in the Sunset District in the west-central part of San Francisco. Playmates Co-operative has offered families a supportive and creative learning environment for over 50 years. We provide an excellent child-centered nursery program for children 2½ to 6 years of age as well as a transitional kindergarden program. Children with special needs are welcome. Our special Young5 program offers a program tailored especially for the individual needs of young five year olds. To enroll in our Young5 program, a child must be five years old by December 31st.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
An adult-to-child ratio of one-to-five provides individualized attention, a safe environment, and many opportunities for creative expression.
Education Programs: - Nursery program for children 2 1/2 to 6 years of age
- Transitional kindergarten program
- Young 5 program for ages: 2 1/2 - 6 years
- Extended care available from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Summer programs
* A.M. session: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
* P.M. session: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Young 5 program: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
* Part-time attendance (3, 4 or 5 days / week)
* Non-teaching / teaching slots available
* Lunch Bunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Calvary Lutheran School in San Lorenzo in the heart of East Bay (San Francisco Bay Area) in Alameda County, is a WASC & NLSA accredited, co-educational Christian day school serving grades Pre-K through to 8th Grade. Calvary is one of approximately 35 Lutheran Elementary Schools located in Northern CA. Several conferences and workshops are held annually to assist the faculties in remaining abreast with the latest methodology and philosophy in education.
Today, the school has an enrollment capacity of 245 students in preschool through to eighth grade and is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA). We are also recognized by the Core Knowledge foundation as an “Official Core Knowledge School”.
Our goal is to prepare the whole child by presenting Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and by teaching Christian values and morals, academics, respect, and self-discipline in a loving environment. We promote family involvement, endeavor to prepare the child for further education, and encourage each child to develop a closer relationship with Jesus Christ.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school offering a preschool through high school program on one campus.
The campus is located in the foothills of the Angeles National Forest in the equestrian community of Lake View Terrace in the San Fernando Valley region.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
The Delphi program includes a fully rounded curriculum available for all age levels. Even the very youngest students are exposed to basic concepts of science, history, and the various humanities.
A rigorous mastery of the basics forms the core of the curriculum, with the complete program developing a wide spectrum of skills and knowledge in cultural, scientific and social subjects.
In addition to traditional academic subjects, students get training in practical areas such as communication, manners, computers, nutrition and organization.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Parent Testimonial: "I am so grateful that a school like Delphi exists. The academic program is challenging and it makes the study of vital subjects (like reading and math) absolutely fun and rewarding.”
- Elementary School Parent
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• Upper School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Seven Hills School Walnut Creek is an independent, not-for-profit, day school serving 375 preschool-8th graders. Our school is located in Walnut Creek in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, 16 miles east of Oakland.
Our small class sizes and strong faculty contribute to a challenging, developmentally-appropriate educational program. Integrated studies and hands-on participation encourage imaginative and critical thinking, as well as a mastery of academic skills. We believe that both success and failure create the potential for growth and learning, and we attend to the intellectual, physical, social and aesthetic needs of each child.
At Seven Hills, high academic expectations are exceeded in an environment that encourages inquiry and teaches a malleable process of learning. We instill positive values from the earliest age: integrity, cooperation, respect and responsibility, and give our students the skills to thrive in an evolving world. We aim to give our students the confidence and competence to face the challenges that come their way. We are a community of parents, educators and students who are committed to lifelong learning.
At San Francisco International School, located in the Richmond District of San Francisco, we believe that childhood is a time to be treasured, and we are committed to providing an engaging, innovative and rigorous social, emotional and academic program for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 students.
We recognize and embrace each child's unique learning profile and provide numerous opportunities for children's creative, musical and other intelligences to shine. San Francisco International School is commited to serving families in Cole Valley, Buena Vista Park, Dolores Park, Golden Gate Heights, Central and Outer Richmond and surrounding communities throughout the Bay Area.
Students are engaged in their education, feel successful in the classroom and see each day as an opportunity to discover and learn. Above all else, our graduates are balanced, internationally-minded citizens who will navigate a changing world with integrity and confidence. San Francisco International School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender and disability. Join us and, together, we will raise a happy, balanced, internationally-minded child.
- Junior Kindergarten program
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary School program
- Lower School program
* Primary Years Program for Students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5. Our curriculum is inspired by the International Baccalaureate (IB-PYP) program and we use the California State Standards as a guideline.
* Core Subjects include Math, Science, Language Arts, Global Education, Art, Music, Technology and P.E.
Valley Beth Shalom Harold M. Schulweis Day School is an Independent co-educational Jewish day school for grades K-6. We are located in Encino, California and serve several communities including Sherman Oaks, Encino, and Tarzana. The Day School offers a high academic program, a dynamic Jewish experience and bonding of friendships within a caring community. We are proud of our "top ranking accreditation status" from California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Bureau of Jewish Education (BJE).
We are all on a lifelong journey of discovery that is informed, enlivened, and enriched by academic achievement, spirituality, community, and personal growth. A superior elementary school-level foundation for this journey is the objective of Valley Beth Shalom Day School. In laying these paths, VBS Day School also nurtures key virtues and values. The VBS Day School faculty and staff are dedicated to creating a partnership between home and school that will enable each child to strive to reach his or her potential.
Academic Program covering subjects including Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, Technology, Physical Education and Science. Judaic Program featuring Modern Hebrew Language, History and Culture.