Preschools in San Francisco, CA: Child care centers in the Bay Area. Daycare services for toddlers & preschoolers. Early childhood education & nursery school programs in the Sunset District of San Francisco.
Playmates Cooperative Nursery School: Playmates Co-operative Nursery School is located at 2340 42nd Avenue in the Sunset District in the west-central part of San Francisco. Playmates Co-operative has offered families a supportive and creative learning environment for over 50 years. We provide an excellent child-centered nursery program for children 2½ to 6 years of age as well as a transitional kindergarden program. Children with special needs are welcome. Our special Young5 program offers a program tailored especially for the individual needs of young five year olds. To enroll in our Young5 program, a child must be five years old by December 31st.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
An adult-to-child ratio of one-to-five provides individualized attention, a safe environment, and many opportunities for creative expression.
Education Programs: - Nursery program for children 2 1/2 to 6 years of age
- Transitional kindergarten program
- Young 5 program for ages: 2 1/2 - 6 years
- Extended care available from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Summer programs
* A.M. session: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
* P.M. session: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Young 5 program: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
* Part-time attendance (3, 4 or 5 days / week)
* Non-teaching / teaching slots available
* Lunch Bunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Westview School is a private, non-profit middle and high school in West Los Angeles for students with learning disabilities, ADD and / or mild emotional issues in grades six through to twelve. We believe in the multi-faceted approach to education, including a full complement of academic courses, plus a variety of extra-curricular activities and enrichment programs. Small class sizes enhance the academic experience.
Founded in 1990, Westview is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and certified by the California Department of Education as a non-public school to serve students with LD, ADD and OHI disabilities. Door-to-door transportation is available to students living on the Westside, in the San Fernando Valley, Greater Los Angeles area, South Bay and neighboring communities.
Grace Childcare Center, located in Visalia, California, is a Christian Preschool & Childcare center offering programs to children aged 2 - 6 years. The preschool/childcare center program at Grace Lutheran Church trains the whole child: body, soul and mind. Through Bible stories the children learn about God's love. An excellent staff promotes the growth of the whole child: physically, socially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Grace Lutheran Church of Visalia provides a strong Christian education so that children may become faithful, literate and productive Christian citizens who will serve God and others with love.
- Preschool Programs for children aged 2-6 years
- Bible stories
- Learn about God's Love
- Excellent Staff
- Promotes the physical, social, emotional, mental & spiritual growth of the whole child
Welcome to Drew, a school community of experienced, dedicated and passionate faculty and engaged, committed students and parents. Drew is a co-educational college preparatory school that serves grades 9 through to 12. Located at California and Broderick, a residential neighborhood between Pacific Heights and Presidio Heights in San Fransisco, Drew recognizes students must be prepared for life, through citizenship, self-knowledge and independent decision-making. Drew gives students from Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Cow Hollow, Marina District, Polk Gulch and throughout the Richmond District an education for life.
While pursuing a rigorous college preparatory curriculum Drew students take part in integrative, hands-on, and experiential learning to connect what happens in the classroom with the world beyond our doors. All students are encouraged to follow their passions beyond the classroom through unique programs like annual DEALL (Drew Education for Active Lifelong Learning) Days.
Drew is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- High School Programs for Grades 9-12
- Advanced Placement Courses
* Through the unique DEALL (Drew Education for Active Lifelong Learning) program, students spend a week pursuing academic interests in the real world, through trips, community service, career exploration and more.
* Core subjects include English, math, science, socíal science, art, music, drama, athletics and languages including French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Sign Language.
Arroyo Pacific Academy is a four-year private, independent, co-educational, college preparatory high school for grades 9-12 in Arcadia in the San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles County, approximately 13 miles north-east of Downtown LA. We are fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (W.A.S.C.). Arroyo Pacific Academy provides a distinctive educational program and a special place for students to learn, grow, and prepare for life.
Founded in 1998 by Philip Clarke, the school consistently works to serve the needs of students of the surrounding community and throughout the County of Los Angeles. At Arroyo Pacific Academy, based upon our Mission Statement, our Philosophy and our Expected Schoolwide Learning Results, we help our students to develop the knowledge and skills to communicate, calculate, create, research and reason. We encourage our students to build a foundation of responsibility, respect, cooperation and sensitivity to the needs and contributions of others.
- General High School Program for Grades 9 - 12
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Assisted Learning
- College Prep Outreach
- Young Scholar Program
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Summer School
- We also offer College and Career Education
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful graduation, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Children's Day School in San Francisco's Mission District excels as a community of learners who believe in a better kind of learning and possess the passion and skills to shape and continually grow the school. We are an independent, co-educational school for students in preschool through eighth grade. We serve families in San Francisco and surrounding Bay Area communities. Children’s Day School provides children with an education that reveals itself not only in how well children write, think mathematically and investigate questions, but also in how much they love school, their classmates and their environment.
Can such a school maximize academic achievement? Yes. And our students’ standardized test scores and high school placements back up that answer. We are proving that happy children make better learners. At Children’s Day School, academic achievement is only one learning goal. Integrity, love of learning, social competence and commitment to making a difference in the lives of others are equally important. This is our idea of what education is all about. We are accredited by California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).