King George International College, Vancouver:
King George International College is one of the best English schools in Canada. International students choose us in British Columbia on the West Coast or Ontario, South Canada to study ESL. At KGIC in Vancouver, BC, our instructors are practiced and experienced professionals in their fields, and you can expect the highest academic standards and quality throughout your program of study. KGIC enjoys a number of affiliations with schools, colleges and universities both in Canada and abroad. The City of Vancouver is quite cosmopolitan and contains many multicultural groups. Because the city is multicultural, it's also multilingual. Its people speak many different languages and follow the traditions of their native lands. At KGIC, we like to make learning as fun as possible. You will find a variety of clubs, activities and services offered at KGIC. KGIC has a Special Activity Coordinator at each campus. The activities are academic, cultural and entertaining. Come and join us!
1. Flexible Level Structure - Focus on a different skill in each class: Grammar, Reading & Writing, Listening & Pronunciation, and Communications.
2. Thorough Student Evaluation - Receive a monthly progress reports with your final grades and personalized comments from all your teachers.
3. Exposure to Different Teachers - Learn from several teachers with distinct and varied teaching styles.
4. In-House Curriculum - Build your reading comprehension, inference, and critical thinking skills.
5. Study Group -Create your own self-guided project on any topic you like.
6. Tutorials - Receive a free hour of one-on-one tutoring every week with one of our teachers or CAs.
7. Electives- Take one of our many elective classes, including Listening Practice, Vocabulary Enhancement, Idioms & Slang, Business English, Newspaper & Media, Talk until you drop, Drama Alive, Street Talk, Punctuation Power, TOEFL Practice, TOEIC Practice,
8. English Lounge - Enjoy the benefits of small class sizes (4 students maximum per class).
9. Scholarship Ceremonies - Be acknowledged for your academic excellence , school spirit , or perfect attendance with a KGIC scholarship (given out every second month).
10. Passport to Success - Receive stamps in your passport for getting good grades, having perfect attendance, participating in school activities, and more!
11. Work Now! Resume Workshop - Discover your ideal career and find out what kinds of skills you need to reach your goals.
12. In-Class TOEIC - Monitor your progress from month to month with an official practice TOEIC exam, taken in class.
13. Extracurricular Activities - Learn a new sport , sample world cuisine, or take part in a typical Canadian pastime.
14. Field Trips - Learn all you can about Canadian culture, past and present, by visiting museums, art galleries, courthouses, and special exhibits.
ESL – English as a Second Language Program; Business English; English for Professional Careers; TOEFL and TOEIC Tests; Group Lessons; Private English Tuition.
KGIC enjoys a number of affiliations with schools, colleges and universities both in Canada and abroad. Our international network of affiliates provides students with:
- Access to universities and university transfers in Canada and the US.
- Access to technical and specialized colleges.
- College preparation.
- University credit through KGIC programs.
- High School Preparation and transfer to Public and Private Mainstream High Schools
1. Canadian Association of Private Language Schools
2. AHLA American Hotel and Lodging Association
3. University of Johnson & Wales
4. Federation of International Youth Travel Organizations
5. The Association of Language Travel Organisations
6. Canadian Education Network
Our instructors are practiced and experienced professionals in their fields, and you can expect the highest academic standards and quality throughout your program of study.
We arrange ESL homestay in Canada and offer our affordable KGIC houses to students. We also assist in finding hotels or private accommodation upon request.
Activities all year round-check the current activity calendar
January: Ice Skating
February: Beer Tour
March: Guitar Club
April: Victoria Weekend Trip
May: Annual Banff Trip
June: Ping Pong Tournament
July: Camping Weekend
August: Fireworks in English Bay
September: Essay Contest for Scholarships
October: Halloween Party
November: Boat Tour
December: Ski Trip
The City of Vancouver is quite cosmopolitan and contains many multicultural groups. Because the city is multicultural, it's also multilingual. Its people speak many different languages and many follow the traditions of their native lands, sometimes mixing them with Canadian culture.
After English and Chinese, the most common native languages in Vancouver are Punjabi, German, Italian, French, Tagalog (Filipino) and Spanish. More than half of Vancouver's school-age children have been raised speaking a language other than English.
* Continually voted one of the world's most desirable places to live.
* A major port city with a mild West Coast climate.
* Surrounded by water on three sides and is nestled alongside the Coast Mountain Range
* Thirty-eight kilometres (24 miles) north of the US border (~2 hour drive from Seattle).
* Almost exactly halfway between Western Europe and Asia Pacific countries.
* Population estimated at 582,04
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 201 - 1400 Robson St, Vancouver, BC , Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.