King George International College, Vancouver:
King George International College is one of the best English schools in Canada. International students choose us in British Columbia on the West Coast or Ontario, South Canada to study ESL. At KGIC in Vancouver, BC, our instructors are practiced and experienced professionals in their fields, and you can expect the highest academic standards and quality throughout your program of study. KGIC enjoys a number of affiliations with schools, colleges and universities both in Canada and abroad. The City of Vancouver is quite cosmopolitan and contains many multicultural groups. Because the city is multicultural, it's also multilingual. Its people speak many different languages and follow the traditions of their native lands. At KGIC, we like to make learning as fun as possible. You will find a variety of clubs, activities and services offered at KGIC. KGIC has a Special Activity Coordinator at each campus. The activities are academic, cultural and entertaining. Come and join us!
Adult ESL – English as a Second Language:
* ability to understand verbal and written “survival English”
* ability to comprehend short reading passages
* ability to construct simple sentences
* ability to understand and participate in short, basic conversations
Skill Development Certificate Classes:
* Learn REAL English for REAL life situations.
* Learn practical English in an academic environment.
* Attend 8 sessions and receive a certificate.
* Receive a Skill Development Student Handbook outlining important vocabulary and structured lessons.
Possible Skill Development Certificate Classes include:
Improvisation, Production and Presentation Course
Intonation through Drama
*will vary from campus to campus
Skill Extension Classes:
* Extend yourself and maximize your learning potential.
* 4 different skill extension classes focusing on 4 core classes.
* More student-teacher interaction with opportunities for open discussion.
English Elite and Project Days:
* A project based 2 month course (Level 5-2 months & Level 6-2 months) that will utilize the existing curriculum 3 days per week and 2 days a week with a project day.
* Become a leader at KGIC.
* Conduct interviews, hone research skills and learn from guest speakers.
* Small communications class where students speak 90% and teachers 10%
* Pronunciation element focusing on overcoming speaking challenges
* Integration of aspects of KGIC’s power speaking program to overcome the fear of public speaking
English for Professional Careers (EPC):
English for Professional Careers is a month-long course which prepares students for success at our affiliate KGIBC campus. The focus is on building confidence in speaking, writing and pronunciation, with a business theme throughout.
4 week certificate program
Key Skills developed:
* Presentations and public speaking
* Professional writing such as essays, cover letters, resumes, business letters and emails
* Familiarity with business concepts and skills such as interviews, negotiating, debates as well as group discussion and meetings
Successful graduates can pursue jobs in marketing, entrepreneurship, teaching, sales, and
political leadership. Successful graduates can work in any field that requires confidence in English, team work and strong interpersonal skills. Successful graduates of EPC are guaranteed entry into KGIBC.
TOEFL: CBT 133 / PBT 450 /iBT 45/46; TOEIC: 550; or completed English Essentials Level 3 at KGIC. Any equivalent recognized international test score or a pass on our entrance exam. No interview required.
What Is The TOEIC Program About?
* The TOEIC Test is one of the world's most recognized English Language tests
* Demonstrates to employers ability to use English at work
* TOEIC is internationally recognized
* Skill building in the areas tested by TOEIC
* Unique mix of test preparation and communicative skills
* Learn how to successfully express yourself
* Weekly vocabulary and idiom practice
Morning Session (9:00am-12:10pm)
* Skill building in the areas tested by TOEIC.
* Emphasis on reading, structure, and listening.
* Weekly vocabulary and idiom practice.
* Morning segment is aimed at familiarizing themselves with the types of questions from the test.
Afternoon Session (1:10pm-3:30pm)
* 2 times a week: taking and reviewing a full-length practice test.
* 3 times a week: interactive mix of communication skills.
improves students' ability to communicate effectively in the workplace.
Focuses on such skills as:
*persuading *presenting *demonstrating *paraphrasing *interviewing *being interviewed
-The writing component:
Will go hand in hand with the oral practice as well as include some essential forms of correspondence.
We are confident that this course is very useful. Students need not be business majors to benefit from this program. The language skills you will learn will be useful for entering an English-speaking workforce.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 201 - 1400 Robson St, Vancouver, BC , Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.