NC Music Center, Charlotte:
NC Music Center in Charlotte in Mecklenburg County, NC, offers year-round music instruction classes for children throughout Charlotte, Ballantyne, Matthews and South Park. We teach piano, guitar, violin, voice, & percussion to children from the age of 3 from beginner to advanced levels. We also offer choir and band. We offer students the opportunity to learn how to play and read music and also music theory, ear training, music history, composition, songwriting, recording and various opportunities to perform for others.
- We teach: Piano, Guitar, Voice, & Violin lessons in 1 location all year-round, including summer! We also offer choir & fun group lessons for all instruments. This saves families time and money, as different family members can take multiple instruments on the same day and many at the same time. We teach ages 3 & up in all levels and music styles. It is on a month-to-month basis, parents can relax and not worry about each semester enrollment.
- A wide range of lesson times are available. Music lessons are offered in private, group, home school families and/or group classes. They are scheduled by appointment and are on a first come, first serve basis so contact us today to arrange your first lesson! For your convenience we offer 4 make up opportunities per year. You can schedule simultaneous or back to back lessons with multiple instructors on multiple instruments. You can start at any time of the year.
- Our facilities are designed to be the ideal learning environment. Rooms are large enough for you to sit in on lessons if you like. There are no pets, younger siblings, televisions, or other distractions in the lessons.
- We offer complete musical instruction featuring ear training, note reading, theory, improvisation, and more. Private lessons are tailored to each student’s unique learning style and group activities provide real-life performing experience and social skill building.
- Opportunities for performances & recitals: Every May & December, our students perform in our recitals. We have so many students choosing to participate, that we have to rent a hotel conference room to host our recitals. Performance opportunities at each level of study, the level of confidence you get performing cannot be achieved anywhere else. Plus, preparing for a performance motivates students to work toward a goal. Also competitions, music festivals and much more!
- Master Classes: Throughout the year Master Classes are offered with professional that currently work in the music industry.
- Located in the heart of Charlotte: Due to our central location, our school is convenient to Charlotte residents on both the east and west sides of Charlotte, plus Matthews, Ballantyne, University, Gastonia, Huntersville, and Mt. Holly.
- Professional training available for individuals preparing for demo recording, auditions, contest and recording projects etc.
- All of our teachers are university educated in music, education, or a related field. We work together as a team to ensure that each student has an excellent experience.
Our primary goal is to get children "hooked" on music using a variety of techniques and repertoire. Secondly, it is our aim to make them feel loved and successful at making beautiful music. It is important that students enjoy making music. Throughout our teaching, it has always been our goal to instill a lifelong love of good music and to insure that the children would make music a part of their lives long after lessons have ceased.
For most people, individual private lessons are at the heart of a well-rounded musical education. We have found that private one-on-one instruction allows students to progress at their own pace and gain the best understanding of musical techniques. We are committed to finding the program of study that is appropriate for each student. After consulting with our faculty representative, the student is assigned to an instructor based on teaching style, scheduling needs and goals. The student and instructor will meet once a week at the agreed upon time slot and day of week. You will then receive one on one attention that will really speed you along toward meeting your goals.
Students can start private lessons as young as 3 ½ years old. Students can start private lessons any time of the year or month so there's no need to wait to get started. A variety of styles are taught such as pop, jazz, gospel, and classical.
In aiding to achieve each student’s goals, lessons are taught from well-known piano method books, which are supplemented with other music repertoire and studying materials by our Instructors. Beginning piano students will learn basic music techniques, note reading, and rhythm. Intermediate and advanced students will build upon these basic skills while also determining which style of music they would most like to play.
Lessons progress through succeeding years, helping the students continually improve their musicianship and mastery of their chosen instrument or voice. The student prepares for important performances, auditions, or entry in the Company Level program to further refine his or her skills. Students are encouraged to participate in ensembles, festivals, competitions and our many recitals held at CPCC Tate Hall.
Designed to introduce young children (ages 7-9 years of age) to the elements of music while learning about the unique qualities of the piano, this class is a creative bridge to the reading of music notation with music meaning. The child's natural curiosity about music is stimulated through various class activities that include moving, singing, creating, listening, and playing keyboard and rhythm instruments.
Each group is composed of a maximum of four children. Group lessons are attended for 60 minutes each week for 20 weeks. Each child has hands-on piano time from the very first class on one of three pianos in the Music Room.
***Recording Artist/Professional Artist/ Performers and more…***
For those who are serious about their singing we offer an Artist/Talent Development program. Before taking on any new students for vocal coaching we conduct a vocal assessment. This is to firstly ensure that you have no audible vocal problems and secondly to teach you the correct vocal warm-up methods to protect and nurture your voice. You will be required to perform a song that you have already prepared. At the conclusion of the assessment we can discuss your requirements and plan out your development schedule.
Singers are guided through the process of strengthening their instruments and learning how to bridge the gaps in their voices. They are taught to build technique which strengthens the voices to last throughout the demands of a professional career, teaching artists how to:
- Eliminate vocal fatigue and tension
- Improve vocal range, tone and flexibility
- Develop diaphragmatic breath control
- Improve strength and endurance
- Bridge the gaps between chest & head/falsetto
- Clear up nasality, breathiness or tone imbalances
- Learn pop “sound” and style (all contemporary styles)
- Improve diction and phrasing (“sing like you speak”)
- Change from Musical Theatre or Opera singing to Pop, Rock, R & B genres
- Find your own signature sound and style
- Improve vocal performance and develop persona
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 2150 Park Dr, Charlotte, North Carolina , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.