Therapeutic wilderness programs in North Carolina/ Georgia area: Residential treatment center for troubled youth with behavioral problems, substance abuse issues or emotional difficulties. Wilderness school for at-risk teens at elementary, middle & high school level, close to Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA..
Trails Carolina: Trails Carolina provides therapeutic wilderness programs to troubled boys and girls ages 10-17. Our residential program features clinically proven methods that work exceptionally well with children suffering from Depression, Anxiety, Low self-esteem, Substance abuse, Learning differences, ADHD, and other difficulties. Our Youth course covers ages 10-13, while our Adolescent program covers ages 14-17.
Youth Program (Ages 10-13) We have designed our Youth Program to support specific developmental needs of 10-13 year old youth, breaking the cycle of troubling behaviors and replacing them with more positive and mature decisions and relationships. Course features include:
- Age appropriate peer groups - Individual therapy with Primary Therapist - Equine Therapy where emotions and actions are matched - Realistic wilderness camp challenges to break the cycle of behaviors - Group Therapy and Family Therapy involvement - Residential base campus for safety and a break from wilderness camp
Adolescent Program (Ages 14-17) Parents contact us worried that their teenage child has veered off course and is out of control. We understand these concerns and have designed the Adolescent Program to specifically address these issues. A few short months at Trails wilderness school can start a path for a lifetime of change. Course features include:
- A Powerful Program for Your Child - Targeted to Adolescent Needs - Growth in the Wilderness - Benefits of Exercise - Repairing the Family - Academic Benefits
The McCallie School, located on Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga, Tennessee, is a boys college-preparatory day & boarding school offering Grades 6-12 (day) and 9-12 (boarding). Since its founding, McCallie has remained committed to providing an outstanding college preparatory program for boys.
McCallie School is dedicated to preparing young men to make a positive difference in their world. By fostering their intellectual, spiritual, physical and emotional development, the school seeks to inspire and motivate them to strive for excellence, seek truth, live honorably, act responsibly, and help others.
Our own experience, as well as independent research, has shown that secondary education within a single-sex environment offers fewer distractions, allows for a greater number of leadership opportunities and promotes a school culture where boys can achieve without reservation.
Located in Bell Buckle, Tennessee, The Webb School is a private boarding and day school for students in Grades 6-12. Our rigorous college preparatory school programs with SAT and AP courses offer the opportunities and support that prepare students for college.
In our small boarding school community students learn the pride of hard work and the patience necessary to listen to others. They gain the confidence to express themselves, whether in one-on-one conversations or in front of the whole school. Most of all, you find the trust in yourself that you can succeed.
Webb's strong tradition of academic excellence - numerous National Merit Finalists and Semifinalists, SAT scores well above national average, 99% of students getting 3 or better on most AP exams - is grounded in this personal attention.
Boarding students in Grades 7-12 live in a supervised environment featuring four dormitories separated by gender and age.
Our students live and learn under the guidance of our faculty house parents who monitor their academic progress and general well-being. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Upcoming & Previous School Locations around the world: • 2021-2022: Australia, Bosnia, Botswana, Chile, China, Greece, India, Japan, Oman, Panama.
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Darlington School is an accredited, college-preparatory, coeducational, day (Grades PreK-12) and boarding (Grades 9-12) school. Darlington School is located in Rome GA, just 70 miles from Atlanta, and offers a curriculum that is global in focus and personal in delivery.
At Darlington, we do more than prepare our students for college. We prepare them for life by emphasizing the pursuit of individual excellence in a diverse learning environment. Our students are the center of all that we do. Together, we challenge them to learn with passion, act with integrity, and serve with respect.
Darlington School is dually accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from North Carolina and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Cherokee Creek Boys School (CCBS), located in Westminster, South Carolina, is an accredited, therapeutic boarding school for boys with ADHD, anxiety issues, and other teen behavior problems. CCBS offers middle-school programs for boys aged 11-15 in a warm, positive, nurturing learning community.
At Cherokee Creek Boys School, our mission is to “challenge boys and their families to discover what is real and true about themselves and the world around them.”
Our school offers all the benefits of a small enrollment including hands-on academics, therapy, counseling, recreation and a talented staff dedicated to helping boys find their way back to a life of balance and harmony.
On average, our students are enrolled with us for 15—24 months. Students may stay through their middle-school years as needed.
Cherokee Creek Boys School is fully accredited by the Southern Associations of Colleges and Schools (SACS).