Therapeutic wilderness programs in North Carolina/ Georgia area: Residential treatment center for troubled youth with behavioral problems, substance abuse issues or emotional difficulties. Wilderness school for at-risk teens at elementary, middle & high school level, close to Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA..
Trails Carolina: Trails Carolina provides therapeutic wilderness programs to troubled boys and girls ages 10-17. Our residential program features clinically proven methods that work exceptionally well with children suffering from Depression, Anxiety, Low self-esteem, Substance abuse, Learning differences, ADHD, and other difficulties. Our Youth course covers ages 10-13, while our Adolescent program covers ages 14-17.
Youth Program (Ages 10-13) We have designed our Youth Program to support specific developmental needs of 10-13 year old youth, breaking the cycle of troubling behaviors and replacing them with more positive and mature decisions and relationships. Course features include:
- Age appropriate peer groups - Individual therapy with Primary Therapist - Equine Therapy where emotions and actions are matched - Realistic wilderness camp challenges to break the cycle of behaviors - Group Therapy and Family Therapy involvement - Residential base campus for safety and a break from wilderness camp
Adolescent Program (Ages 14-17) Parents contact us worried that their teenage child has veered off course and is out of control. We understand these concerns and have designed the Adolescent Program to specifically address these issues. A few short months at Trails wilderness school can start a path for a lifetime of change. Course features include:
- A Powerful Program for Your Child - Targeted to Adolescent Needs - Growth in the Wilderness - Benefits of Exercise - Repairing the Family - Academic Benefits
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from North Carolina and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Georgia-Cumberland Academy (GCA) is a private Seventh-day Adventist co-educational boarding high school located in Calhoun, Gordon County in North Georgia (1 hour north of Atlanta). GCA offers an Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools high school diploma program.
Georgia-Cumberland Academy is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Georgia Private School Accreditation Council.
The vision of Georgia-Cumberland Academy is to be passionately committed to intimacy with God and firmly believe in Christ's imminent return compeling each of us to share the everlasting gospel by every possible means.
The mission of Georgia-Cumberland Academy is to foster an educational environment of excellence where students, faculty and staff pursue a shared goal: to know Jesus as Savior and Friend, to love God and those He brings into our lives, to serve the church and society.
Located in Camden, South Carolina, Camden Military Academy is an accredited private military day & boarding school for boys, offering Grades 7-12. A boarding school must provide more than just a quality education.
Camden Military offers a unique blend of a high quality education and military principles. Hence, Camden Military offers a young man structure, organization and self discipline as well as a strong academic base.
Our mission is to educate and inspire our corps of cadets so that each cadet will have an opportunity to achieve his maximum potential and gain the educational foundation to succeed in college and life as a productive, contributing citizen.
Camden Military Academy is accredited by SACS (Southern Assoc. of Colleges and Schools), NAIS (Nat'l Assoc. of Independent Schools), SAIS (Southern Assoc. of Independent Schools) and PAIS (Palmetto Assoc. of Independent Schools),
Located in Burnsville, North Carolina, The Arthur Morgan School (AMS) is a private, alternative, day and boarding school for middle school students in Grades 7, 8 and 9.
AMS provides a safe and loving environment where our students learn to question and evaluate, think creatively and work cooperatively. A low student/teacher ratio ensures individualized instruction and guidance. Students and staff honor the Quaker values of simplicity, responsibility, service, personal integrity, nonviolent conflict resolution and respect for self, others and the environment.
Our curriculum standards meet the North Carolina Guidelines for Independent Schools. All students attend math and language arts classes. Students also engage in in-depth, integrated studies where they gain knowledge that more traditional schools offer in social studies, history and science classes.
Our experience over the years has been that AMS students graduate fully prepared to enter a traditional high school. Moreover, as numerous alumni have confirmed, they continue to be self-motivated learners after leaving AMS.
Day & Boarding School Programs for Middle School Students in Grades 7-9:
Subjects / features include:
- Language Arts
- In-Dept Study
- Personal Growth
- Social Studies
- Creative writing
- Remaking clothes
- Vegan cooking
- French, German, and Spanish
- Film and movie making
• THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students ages 14-18 years old the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year.
• TGS offers a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience centered around travel and cultural immersion.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all regions and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature United Nations, representing over 25 different countries of citizenship, and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School if fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools - Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).
Current & Previous School Locations around the world:
• 2019-2020: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Australia, Chile, Italy
• 2018-2019: China, Oman, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2017-2018: Botswana, India, Japan & Spain
• 2016-2017: Canada, Morocco & Peru
• 2015-2016: Sweden, Bosnia & Italy
• 2014-2015: New Zealand, Costa Rica, Greece
• 2013-2014: India, Tanzania, Japan
• 2012-2013: Argentina, Bhutan, USA
• 2011-2012: Ecuador, Thailand, Germany
• 2010-2011: Sweden, Australia, China
"The collective energy that the students at THINK Global School possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
The school year consists of four terms, each held in a different country, where students have the chance to explore the history and culture of fantastic locations worldwide.
• Taught in small classes by friendly, dedicated and experienced teachers
• Student-driven instruction
• All subjects are inspired by the location, and are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences.
Paul Anderson Youth Home in Vidalia GA offers stellar programs for troubled young men aged 16 to 21 in Georgia. We are a Christian residential home for troubled youth, and have been shaping men of character since 1961.
We are highly committed to helping young men transform their lives for the better through a Christ-centered approach.
We offer programs that involve drug abuse treatment, practical life skills training, vocational training and transition programs for PAYH graduates.
Our service plans are tailored to meet each young man’s specific needs at the physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual levels.
Vidalia GA, with a population of over 10,000 people, is a city located approximately 90 miles west of Savannah and lies primarily in Toombs County while extending very slightly into Montgomery County.
Contact us today to find out what we can do for you or your loved ones.