The Madeira School, McLean:
The Madeira School is a girls' boarding school and day school, grades 9–12, located 12 miles outside Washington, D.C. in McLean, Fairfax County, northern Virginia. Designed for girls who are bright, curious, and independent, Madeira is committed to providing an exemplary college prepatory school education with prep courses for PSAT, SAT and SAT II, summer and community programs as well as a global emphasis and a unique co-curriculum program offering off-campus internship opportunities for every student. The six dormitories at Madeira accommodate about twenty-eight students each. Over half of Madeira's students are boarders, and boarding life forms a vital and vibrant portion of life at Madeira. Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).
Most boarders have roommates, and many continue to live with that roommate each year. Faculty and girls bring with them diverse ethnic, racial, religious, socio-economic, and cultural perspectives and share them in both academic and social settings. How much could you learn—and how much fun could you have—if you lived with girls from Bhutan, Mexico, Korea, Taiwan, Russia, Nigeria, and across the United States? Your character, interests, and culture are considered valuable assets that improve and enhance the overall community.
Courses / Programs
- Boarding and Day Programs for girls in grades 9-12
- College Preparatory Curriculum with English, science, math, fine arts, history and physical education
- College Preparation Courses PSAT, SAT and SAT II with Counseling
- Co-Curriculum Experimental Learning Program offering internships in business, politics, and social services
- Global Program with Cultural Trips
- Study Skills Center
- Technology Program
- Summer and Community Programs