Art of Learning Academy, Los Angeles County:
The Art of Learning Academy is a private co-educational school in Northridge in Los Angeles County, CA, serving students in grades 6-12 from Reseda, Canoga Park, Winnetka, North Hills and surrounding communities. The Art of Learning is not an ordinary private school. It grew out of a unique partnership between an educational therapist, an artist, dedicated teachers, students who want to learn and parents who dared to believe that learning differences could be surmounted in an atmosphere of care and individualized attention to their children. The Art of Learning Academy accepts students who do not do well in traditional school environments, large environments and large classroom, including students with Dyslexia and Dyscalculia. We are non-sectarian and accept students of all races and religions.
Because your child’s security is of paramount importance to us, we have to limit our clients to students who do not present serious behavior problems. We do not accept nor keep any students who are violent or racist, who tantrum, run away, abuse alcohol or drugs, carry weapons, commit felonies, or encourage their fellow students to become sexually active.
We consider it our duty not only to teach your child all of his or her grade level skills and curriculum, but also to encourage your child’s respect for himself and others, as well as diverse cultures, religions, and our planet.
The Art of Learning Academy is a small school of warmth and intimacy in which the learning experience takes place with less than ten students per teacher and a paraprofessional aide. We provide a cozy home environment consisting of an ample house in Northridge that has a lovely garden and pool.
- Middle School Program
- Senior High School Program
* We accept students who do not do well in traditional school environments, large environments, and large classrooms, including students with Dyslexia and Dyscalculia.
* We teach English, Math, Social Studies, Science, PE, Film, Art and Music in a cozy home environment.
We make accommodations for students with dyslexia and dyscalculia:
- Dyslexic students (those with an inability to decode words) must have daily therapy for dyslexia, which is separate from the ordinary English program. However, we encourage our dyslexic students to either hear the books on tape or read them aloud with the one-on-on aide, if they are proficient enough to do so. We have successfully taught dyslexics to read!
- Students with dyscalculia must have educational therapy and the help of a one-on-one aide until they meet grade level standards. We have successfully taught math to learners with dyscalculia!
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Northridge, Aldea Avenue, Los Angeles County, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.