Montessori Children's Center, San Francisco:
Founded in 1976, Montessori Children's Center (MCC) teaches students ages 2-6 years in its new custom-designed preschool located in the Parkmerced community in the southwest corner of San Francisco. Our preschool is based near San Francisco State University in the Villa Merced complex. We serve families from Sunset District, Balboa Terrace, Ingleside, Oceanview and throughout San Fransisco Bay communities. Dedicated to the methods and vision of the reknowned educator Maria Montessori, the teachers at MCC consider themselves guides and facilitators rather than instructors as children instinctively "learn how to learn," thus gaining independence and self-confidence. The staff includes experienced Montessori teachers with extensive educational backgrounds and a qualified complementary staff.
The center has been accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale.
Our goal is to provide a quality learning environment based on the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. It is truly our goal to help each child become his or her own person. We are committed to helping children develop their total personalities and independence, enhancing their natural desire to learn, and developing their sense of community.
1. It is an ordered, secure environment prepared by the Directress to meet the individual and group needs of each child under her care.
2. The adults refer to her as the Directress as her role is to guide and direct the children in their learning activities, rather than to "teach" them.
3. Children of mixed age groups (ideally ranging from 2-1/2 to 6 years) and of different abilities work side by side in the same environment.
4. Each class has a wide range of activities and a complete set of Montessori materials from a recognized manufacturer. These should include the following: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and areas of culture to include art, music, science, and all aspects of the natural world. These materials should be available for the children's use throughout every session.
There are full-day and half-day options available:
- Preschool program
- Kindergarten program
* We provide a quality learning environment based on the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, for children 2-1/2 to 6 years. We also accept a limited number of 2-year-olds.
Additionally: After-school childcare programs.
We provide a full range of appropriate Montessori materials and activities in both classrooms:
* Music – group and individual experiences
* Creative Movement
* Exploration of nature – indoors and outdoors
* Development of social skills
* Introduction to History, Geography and people of the world
* Introduction to foreign language through songs, rhymes and dance
* Cooking and food preparation
* Healthy snacks
* Daily group time
Field trips are limited to walking trips only, around the school neighborhood.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 80 Juan Bautista Circle, San Francisco, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.