Christian boarding schools in Mobile AL for difficult youth: Therapeutic boarding school for girls & boys, residential education programs for teens with behavioral problems/ substance abuse issues, specialty boarding school for kids with learning disabilities/ ADD/ ADHD in the South.
Saving Youth Foundation, Mobile: Saving Youth Foundation (SYF) is a Christian boarding school in Mobile, Alabama. Run by former military men and women, we provide a safe home environment for troubled boys and girls ages 10-18 who have lost sight of a clear and positive future. We teach kids and teens who are struggling with anger management, depression, drug abuse, eating disorders, or conditions such as ADD, ADHD, ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) among others. We can accept tuition rates and low as $2,000 per month.
Academic Programs: SYF has an 80% pass/ fail rate with fully-accredited academics. We use the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E) in home school module, which not only teaches academics, but also teaching the fundamentals of building character. A student at SYF can receive a high school diploma. We are physically active with the kids and do things like running, marching and drills. The boys and girls facility are completely separated.
Each student’s daily schedule provides time devoted to each of these areas: - Devotionals - Schoolwork/Homework - Meals - Work/Chores - Physical Fitness - Personal Hygiene
SYF instills the following values into our students:
- Education- It is important that our youth understand that without a proper education they will not be able to survive in today's society. Therefore education is a true value in life.
- Character- To become stronger inwardly with a better since of integrity.
- Spiritual Development- Everyone should be aware of their spiritual being and not allow themselves to be influence by the wrong spiritual entity. By becoming more spiritual they are more able to be guided by their God.
- Discipline- Understanding that there are consequences for every action. Therefore they must practice discipline themselves, before acting or speaking.
- Leadership- We work hard at teaching our youth the importance of leadership. The right leadership helps them to be more aware of those steering them in the wrong direction.
- Sportsmanship- It is important that youth learn to work together thus building a great relationship in a sportsman’s like manner.
For further information on our residential programs for difficult teenagers, please email us via our Contact Us page.
Saint Bernard Preparatory School, located in Cullman (50 miles north of Birmingham), Alabama, is an accredited, co-ed, Catholic boarding and day school for grades 7-12.
For over a century St. Bernard has been providing a quality education to generations of students. The success of the school operated by the Benedictine monks of St. Bernard Abbey is much more than the fine quality of classroom instruction.
The bonding between students and faculty, lasting friendships between classmates, extracurricular activities, and the lessons of life learned in a Christian setting, are an important part of the St. Bernard heritage. Saint Bernard Preparatory School is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Situated in Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi, Oakland Collegiate School (OCS) is an independent Christian boarding school for boys in Grades 7-12 from throughout the U.S. and around the world.
We provide a high-quality college preparatory curriculum which is defined by its biblical worldview.
In addition, we offer an optional military program, competitive interscholastic athletic programs, an Adventure Summer School where you can earn academic credit as well as participate in outdoor activities, and week-long Adventure Summer Camps for rising sixth through eighth graders.
Our small boarding program, teacher-student ratio, and appropriate use of technology make for real 1-to-1, differentiated instruction.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Alabama and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Georgia, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Teen Challenge Columbus Girls Academy is a Christian therapeutic boarding school for teen girls ages 12-17 years. Our academy is located in Seale in Russell County, Alabama, approximately 10 miles south-west of Phenix City AL, 15 miles south-west of Columbus, Georgia and 118 miles south-west of Atlanta, GA.
We are an affordable therapeutic option with first-class facilities and academics for girls with life-controlling problems such as low self-esteem, depression, eating disorders, rebellion, defiance, deceitfulness, manipulation, and promiscuity.
Established over 45 years ago, Teen Challenge Columbus Girls Academy is a registered non-public school with the State of Alabama Department of Education.
We offer a disciplined and structured environment that emphasizes character development, spiritual growth and personal responsibility. Our therapeutic program for grils is designed to develop the whole person in four main areas: spiritual, social, academic and physical.
Located in Pike County GA, 50 miles south of Atlanta, Prayer Mountain Boys Academy is a year-round, 15-month faith-based program for struggling / at-risk teen boys ages 13-17.
Our Christian boarding school is specifically designed to help teen boys who are struggling with anger, defiance, minor substance abuse, and other destructive choices.
Our Christian boarding school for boys feels like a home. The beautiful 36-acre campus gives boys a peaceful and spacious setting in which to make lasting life change.
Our committed staff understand the situations facing these young men, many from personal experience, and they love the boys like family. We help them to grow in their relationships with themselves and with each other and, in time, to heal broken relationships with their parents and families.