Art college preparation in New York: Portfolio classes in Manhattan & Queens NY. Intensive art portfolio preparation programs for high school students & undergraduate transfer students of fine arts, visual arts, interior design, architecture, fashion design classes....
Ashcan Studio of Art: Ashcan Art Studio is a creative space for future professional artists, designers, illustrators, sculptors and those applying for art schools. Located in Manhattan in the heart of New York City, Ashcan specializes in college portfolio preparation. Our main objective is to assist you, whether you are a high school student or a transfer student, gain entrance into the university art program or the private art school of your choice.
At the Ashcan Studio, we have programs designed to complete 15 - 20 art works for your portfolio, in six months to a year. Shorter terms are also offered. We offer a portfolio consultation, a free artistic aptitude test, as well as in studio course work, where you will complete the work colleges look for in an ideal candidate for their school.
We conveniently offer day and evening classes, seven days a week, all year long. Classes are held at the beautiful art-filled studio, located at 34 East 34th Street.
45 E. 34th St. 4th Floor (between Park and Madison) New York, NY 10016
We are exceptionally easy to get to from all of the surrounding areas. If you are coming from upstate New York, Long Island or New Jersey, we are walking distance from Grand Central Station, Penn Station and Port Authority. If you are coming from Manhattan or the surrounding boroughs, we are only 1 -5 short blocks to the 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, A, C, E, B, D, F, N, Q, R, V and W subway lines.
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2019-11-08 were from:
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Online Candle Making Classes for New York City & NY residents
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in New York with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in New York, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
Located in midtown Manhattan, Studio Jewelers is licensed by the New York State Education Department and is one of the most progressive jewelry schools in New York. Studio We have been teaching people the art and business of jewelry creation with their jewelry classes since 1979. We offer full & part time courses, day, evening and weekend. We offer courses in Metal Fabrication, Jewelry Repair, Wax Modeling / Casting, Design, Diamond (stone)Setting, & Pearl/Bead Stringing.
Whether you are looking for a career in jewelry making or simply want to learn as a hobby, our continuous jewelry classes and flexible scheduling at our school make it easy to start learning right away. Approved for veterans, financial aid is also available for those who qualify. Our courses are open to the general public, students must be at least 17 years of age. International students accepted.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Bianca Lopez Studio of Jewelry Art and Design, NYC
Courses / Programs
The Bianca Lopez Studio of Jewelry Art and Design is a quiet, light-filled studio located downtown in NoHo, New York City, where anyone from beginners to advanced students can learn the craft of jewelry-making and develop their own business as jewelry designers.
Our curriculum, which can be molded to meet the needs of individual students, draws from the history of jewelry and the other forms of decorative art from the ancient classical period to the present. We offer regular classes in Metals and Wax, special workshops on a broad range of design topics, and individual consultations for jewelry designers with new or growing businesses. We believe in using the most environmentally friendly materials and methods.
The Zeira Insitute is a jewelry making & design school in the heart of the Jewelry / Diamond District of New York City. Located on 47th Street just off 5th Ave, this prestigious mid-town Manhattan location is very convenient for our students.
We offer jewelry design and jewelry making classes to beginners and advanced students. We limit the class size to just five students per class. This ensures personal and immediate attention for each participant. Classes are held in three hour sessions twice daily. Students are required to own some personal tools while the school has tools to share as well.
Once the teacher assesses the level of the student the student can choose a project that he/she would like to do. According to their level, the teacher will guide them along. You will learn how to plan the design of a piece, draw it, and perfect the process of executing it through either carving wax or fabricating metal.
Parsons - New School of Design, located in New York City, New York, is a college of art and design offering associate, undergraduate and graduate degree programs. A pioneer in art and design education since its founding in 1896, Parsons has cultivated outstanding artists, designers, scholars, businesspeople, and community leaders for more than a century. Today, when design thinking is increasingly being employed to solve complex global problems, Parsons is leading new approaches to art and design education.
Parsons undergraduate programs offer rigorous art and design training within an environment of cross-disciplinary collaboration. In advocating both specialized practice and hybrid experimentation, Parsons’ student-centered curriculum allows emerging artists and designers to break new ground in their fields and develop nascent disciplines.