The Barrow Group Acting School, New York City: The Barrow Group Acting School is located in Manhattan, New York City. We offer training in Scene Study, Script Analysis, Playwriting, Directing, Film and Television Acting Technique, and other Specialty Classes for professional and emerging artists. Work / study and apprentice programs are available for students of merit.
At the heart of The Barrow Group School is the desire to promote clear and concise tools of the trade. These tools have been outlined and published in "An Actor’s Companion - 99 Bits of Craft" by Seth Barrish (TBG’s founder and co-artistic director).
- Scene Study
- Script Analysis
- Directing Class
- Solo Show Class
- 1 & 2 Year Acting Programs
- Musical Theatre Class
- Clown Class
- Alexander Technique Class
- Stage Combat Class
- Monologue Class
The Barrow Group School Philosophy: - The best technique is invisible.
- Acting is easy.
- Relaxation is the key.
- Stay out of your head.
- If everything is important, nothing is important.
- Unplanned behavior is usually much more interesting than planned behavior.
- There is no one “way” to approach acting. It’s about finding whatever works.
- Acting is most exciting when it is spontaneous and moment-to-moment.
The Bloomfield School is a jewelry making school in Gowanus, Brooklyn, NY. We offer a range of quality courses in jewelry casting, each with a slightly different focus. The Bloomfield School’s courses are taught in Brooklyn’s real studio environments by knowledgeable staff sharing expertise from their respective fields.
Whether you’re trying out a new medium or refreshing an old skill, we hope that you come excited to use your hands and get into it. We’re sure that you will be proud of yourself and what you will make in our courses, but we also want you to leave with something more: the knowledge and ability to recreate and expand on each project in the future. We’re training you to be a competent maker, not just a student.
The Valentin Yotkov Studio in Brooklyn, New York City is one of the only schools in the USA that specializes in chasing/repousse instruction. Our studio offers weekly classes, intensive workshops, as well as private tutoring. Valentin also teaches at other schools in the US and abroad. We are open year round, and all levels are welcome.
All classes and workshops taught exclusively by Master Silversmith Valentin Yotkov, who also teaches workshops at other schools in the United States and Europe. After almost becoming a lost art, Chasing and Repoussé are currently experiencing a modern Renaissance. Metalsmiths worldwide are discovering the potential of these techniques for creating unusual, intricate designs on jewelry, hollowware or other forms of metalwork.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Online Candle Making Classes for New York City & NY residents
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in New York with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in New York, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
The Jewelry Arts Institute (JAI) in New York has been committed to researching, preserving and teaching the jewelry making techniques of the Classical Period for over 30 years, passing on these nearly lost traditions to students from all corners of the world. Located at 22 East 49th Street in Midtown Manhattan, we teach all classical jewelry techniques in every class. These techniques are granulation in silver and 22k gold, Byzantine enameling, classical chain making, classical settings, lapidary and other related techniques.
Since all projects are taught by one-on-one demonstration, students of all levels can be enrolled in all classes. This is true for both the semester classes and the intensive workshops. We have a teacher for every five or six students so the student receives a lot of attention. If a student were to complete all of the many projects we have developed, he/she would end up with a complete background of classical jewelry techniques.
Located in the heart of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NYC, LiloVeve Jewelry School offers fun, informative classes and workshops in the art of handcrafting jewelry. Classes include full 6-week programs, or short 2-day workshops.
Founded by a jewelry artist, the school is a professional environment for the exploration of jewelry fabrication and design.
Fields of study range from basic silversmithing and wax carving to high karat gold alloying and stone setting.
Our weekend workshops highlight specialty techniques such as filigree, enameling, granulation, chain making, and more.
Our focus is to provide an artistic and creative classroom in which to learn and explore the art of jewelry making. Small class sizes and personal attention are a hallmark.
We offer hourly rate benchtime for practice, completion of work / jewelers in need of equipment and space, students wanting to explore their own ideas in a supportive environment.