Buffalo Seminary (Sem), located in Buffalo, western New York State, is a private independent college preparatory school for girls offering grades 9-12. Sem is the smallest all-girl school in Western New York, with a student to teacher ratio of 10:1. Therefore, the individual attention is the greatest. Sem is also the only non-religious, all-girls' school in the area, enhancing its diversity. The cozy atmosphere in our newly renovated building is one that is not replicated elsewhere.
Buffalo Seminary is accredited by New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS), Middle States, and New York State Board of Regents, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Sem has a long history of offering a traditional college prep program and now has an innovative one-to-one tablet computer program.
- Our science and math departments are outstanding. Our strongest students take AP courses in Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Statistics and consistently achieve top scores.
- Our strong writing program prepares every student to do well when she reaches college.
- Technology is integrated into every course because every young woman will need to know how to thrive in the digital age.
- We are prepared for the twenty-first century yet grounded in an honor code that has stood the test of time.
- Respect for others is the foundation of a strong community, and at Sem, we value our differences and celebrate our community.
- Everyone signs the honor code, and everyone expects to be trusted and to trust others.
There really is no place like Sem, and we hope that you will come visit to see if our school is the right match for you.
The All-Girl Advantage:
Girls' schools are places where independent thinking is valued, and where girls are empowered and excited to be in school. At girls' schools:
- Girls enjoy not just equal opportunity, but every opportunity. All the speakers, players, writers, singers, athletes, and leaders are girls.
- Girls are prepared to take on the world. In a survey of 4,200 girls' school graduates, more than 80% reported that they were better prepared to succeed in the co-ed world precisely because they went to a girls' school, where every student is encouraged to develop her talents, be a leader, set goals, and achieve them.
- Learning takes center stage without social distraction. Girls tend to focus more on learning and are more likely to display their intelligence in a single-sex school.
- There is no gender stereotyping in course choices. Girls' school students are more likely to study math, science, and technology.
- All-girl schools create a positive environment to counteract the negative media pressure they confront each day.
- Instruction is tailored to the way that girls learn. Girls learn differently than boys do, at different rates and different times developmentally.
- Girls' schools create more opportunities for leadership inside and outside the classroom.
- Grades 9-12
- World Cultures
- French or Spanish
- Introduction to Physics
- Health Seminar
- Computer Applications
- Arts Eye View
- Physical Education
- Modern European History
- Unites States History
- Advanced Placement Courses
& more ...
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 205 Bidwell Parkway, Buffalo, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.