German International School Of Silicon Valley - San Francisco Campus:
The German International School Of Silicon Valley (GISSV) is a bilingual school serving the broad academic needs of children in the San Francisco Bay Area from preschool through Grade 12 in German and English. With locations in Mountain View, Berkeley, and San Francisco, GISSV is the only elementary and secondary school in the Western United States that meets the strict accreditation requirements of the German government, thus enabling entry into the best European and American colleges and universities.
After receiving significant support from parents in San Francisco, GISSV decided to proceed with opening a bilingual German/English K-5 campus at a beautiful location in the Presidio. The San Francisco campus started instruction to no more than 20 Kindergarten students - providing a supporting teacher/student ratio of 1:10 - in August 2011. One grade will be added per year to establish a full K-5 program by 2016. The Presidio is an oasis of nature in the city, offering tremendous opportunities for exploration - just a great place for kids to grow and learn!
We welcome both German and non-German speaking families, as well as anyone interested in a high quality bilingual education and who understand that a multilingual, multicultural education prepares children to become future leaders in the global marketplace. Our school is an optimal choice for families in the Bay Area either long or short term.
- San Francisco Campus: Bilingual German / English K-5 campus
- Berkeley Campus: Bilingual German / English pre-K-5 campus
- Mountain View Campus: Bilingual German / English preschool / kindergarten, elementary, middle & high school programs
The GISSV is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the German government and is an active part of a network of 146 German foreign schools worldwide to ensure the highest standards of learning and teaching.
- Teaching a cross-curricular, dual-language (German/English) program that leverages all modalities of knowledge acquisition (listening, speaking, reading, writing and culture)
- Delivering one-on-one and small group learning interactions with student-teacher ratios averaging less than 15 to 1 at school and 10 to 1 in pre-school
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities that allow each student to thrive, maximize achievement and develop a passion for lifelong learning.
- Offering individualized learning plans so entering students quickly get on track
- Employing experimental, project-based learning within and outside the classroom
- Leveraging culturally authentic materials throughout the curriculum
- Providing an after school teacher-assisted independent study/homework program
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 4 Funston Avenue, San Francisco, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.