Katherine Michiels Elementary School: Katherine Michiels Elementary School is located on Guerrero Street between 25th Street and 26th Street in San Francisco's Mission District. We are easily accessible from both the 101 Freeway (via Cesar Chavez St.) and from the 280 northbound (via the San Jose exit). (KMS) is taking the lead in developing a progressive curriculum where art, music, dance, Spanish, language, outdoor education and creative writing are core to an academic program that is project based and specific to each of our learners. Our unique curriculum takes inspiration from Mel Levine, Slingerland, Reggio Emilia Project Based Learning and similar techniques.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
At Katherine Michiels Elementary School, we place a strong emphasis on social, academic and emotional development. We encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and others; and allow them freedom to develop a strong sense of self. Scholarships are available. KMS owns a camp outside of Yosemite where it offers outdoor education instruction to students.
Education Programs: - Infant Program (ages 24 months to 3 years)
- Preschool (2 - 4 years).
- 2 Year Kindergarten (4 - 5 years)
- Elementary School (1st through to 5th grades).
In addition to a rigorous academic program, the arts have been integrated into the curriculum:
* Students learn healthy, organic cooking in our state-of-the-art kitchen.
* A Spanish language and culture component is provided which offers educational travel immersion trips to Mexico.
* Students benefit from a variety of dance opportunities including instruction from professional dance troups in the San Francisco area.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Children's Day School in San Francisco's Mission District excels as a community of learners who believe in a better kind of learning and possess the passion and skills to shape and continually grow the school. We are an independent, co-educational school for students in preschool through eighth grade. We serve families in San Francisco and surrounding Bay Area communities. Children’s Day School provides children with an education that reveals itself not only in how well children write, think mathematically and investigate questions, but also in how much they love school, their classmates and their environment.
Can such a school maximize academic achievement? Yes. And our students’ standardized test scores and high school placements back up that answer. We are proving that happy children make better learners. At Children’s Day School, academic achievement is only one learning goal. Integrity, love of learning, social competence and commitment to making a difference in the lives of others are equally important. This is our idea of what education is all about. We are accredited by California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
Day-McKellar Preparatory School in La Mesa in San Diego County, Southern CA, is an accredited private school for children in grades Kindergarten through to 12th. At Day-McKeller, the emphasis is on critical thinking and reasoning skills. Our classrooms are designed to suit each subject and its optimal teaching and learning experience.
Day-McKellar Preparatory School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Day-McKellar Preparatory School is an inspiring educational community where families cultivate integrity, self-awareness and appreciation for all of life's wonders so they can create an inspired life spent realizing their dreams.
- Kindergarten through to 12th grade
- Ideal 1:8 faculty-to-student ratio
- Individualized education for every child
- Constructivist, or experience-based, learning
- Emphasis on critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Expert writing instruction
- Harvard Math Standards
- Classrooms designed to suit each subject
Founded in 1975, Cornerstone Academy is a private, nonprofit school in the Portola District of San Francisco and primarily serves families from San Francisco and the Peninsula. The grade span is preschool through high school.
Cornerstone Academy is founded on Christian values, supports the home and churches of students in providing an education that is grounded in the Christian values of the Bible as reflected in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Elementary, middle & high school programs with continued Chinese language instruction from grades 1 - 12. Our academic program consists of core subjects in English, Mandarin, math, science, social science, religious studies, physical education, fine arts, and electives. For High School, honors and Advanced Placement courses are offered in a variety of classes.
- ESL program for middle & high school students
- Full boarding program for international high school students
Conveniently located on Olin Street in West Los Angeles CA, Jeanne´s Daycare is an licenced and accredited daycare center offering a range of child care programs and preschool programs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children.
We have been accredited by the NAFCC (National Association for Family Child Care) which indicates to the parents a superior level of day care service. We are also proud to have been chosen by Connections for Children as the only LAUP (Los Angeles Universal Preschool) for the 90034 zip code area.
We are located at 8646 Olin Street in West Los Angeles, between Cattauragus and La Cienega Boulevard, between Venice Boulevard and Corning Street.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley
Courses / Programs
Are you searching for a quality private school in the San Fernando Valley area?
Located in Lake View Terrace, in the foothills of the beautiful Angeles National Forest, Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is a coeducational day school providing a preschool through 12th grade program.
We admit students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is one of several schools in the Delphi Schools Network, a group of independent schools sharing uniquely developed curriculum and teaching methods.
All of our teachers have been thoroughly trained in the study and teaching methods practiced at Delphi Academy.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
In addition to rounding out academic studies in literature, mathematics, writing, science, history, and government, our students gain practical understanding and experience in the subjects of leadership, integrity and logic, as well as management and organizational skills.
Student Testimonial: "The thing I really like about Delphi is that they let you feel important. You don’t have to be afraid to be who you are! The teachers are great! Delphi makes learning fun.”
- Middle School Student
Academic Programs for Preschool-Grade 12 Students:
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• High School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)