Washington Academy of Languages, Seattle: Washington Academy of Languages in Seattle, is a non-profit language school that offers day and evening world language classes to adults. We offer Russian courses that may be taken for 4 quarter units of university credit. In our Russian language classes Russian is the medium of instruction so that participants become used to hearing the language spoken at natural speeds and continually work on developing fluency.
Russian I: - 30 hours of instruction/5 weeks This course begins with an introduction to the Slavic languages and their differentiation from the Germanic languages. Participants learn the Cyrillic alphabet along with Russian pronunciation and intonation. Formal and informal forms of address are introduced as well. Every lesson contains dialogues, followed by drills aimed at activating set expressions and conversational patterns which occur in the dialogues.
Russian II: - 30 hours of instruction/5 weeks; Prerequisite: Completion of Russian I or instructor's permission. Participants in this course review and solidify the material learned in Russian I and continue to build their working knowledge of the language, as it is used in everyday situations. Vocabulary development is emphasized. Russian III: - 30 hours of instruction/5 weeks; Prerequisite: Completion of Russian II or instructor's permission. At this level, participants become proficient enough in Russian to be able to communicate with others about such topics as schedules, shopping, meeting people and cooking. Structurally the accusative case of special modifiers, the dative case of pronouns and indirect objects, and imperfective future are introduced.
Russian IV: - 30 hours of instruction/5 weeks; Prerequisite: Completion of Russian III or instructor's permission. This course reviews grammar presented in previous levels and introduces prepositional case forms of special modifiers and the dative case of nouns. Indirect speech, impersonal constructions, the prepositional case of personal and interrogative pronouns, and special modifiers are also studied.
Audio cassette tapes are available to enrolled students for a refundable deposit.
• Learn Russian online in Washington State with ABC Languages! Whether you want to learn Russian for personal or professional reasons, we can help you to improve your Russian language skills quickly.
• ABC is a leading provider of quality foreign language instruction in California, New York, and New Jersey as well as online for students throughout the U.S.
• Our online Russian language classes are convenient and flexible for adults and high school students living in Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, Bellevue and throughout Washington State and nationwide.
• We teach students of all levels - from basic beginner to advanced. All you need is a web camera, an audio headset, and a desire to learn Russian!
• Our qualified and experienced Russian language tutors teach on Skype at times that best suit your schedule, allowing you to improve your Russian language skills around your work or family commitments.
• Learn at your own pace. Your conversational Russian will improve very quickly with the undivided attention of your teacher.
• Whatever your learning needs, we can completely customize our course content to help you to achieve your goals.
Other Online Language Classes:
ABC also teaches the following second & foreign languages online: Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic, Farsi, English, Mandarin Chinese, & Japanese among others.
Student Review: "Great language school! The people who work at ABC Languages are very warm and helpful and the teacher's been fantastic."
WAL is located in the vibrant heart of downtown Seattle near the beautiful waterfront. Parks, the downtown Art Museum, Benaroya Symphony, boutiques, art galleries, major shopping and tourist sites are nearby.
Since 1979, WAL has been teaching language and culture to the world's people. We are proud to watch our students go on to experience their dreams. We invite you to join WAL and enjoy the friendly people and beauty of Seattle!
WAL is authorized to issue the Form I-20 which is used to obtain the F-1 student visa.
• With two conveniently-located schools in the Seattle area, Kaplan International provides accredited English courses to international students from around the world.
• Available year-round, our quality courses are suitable for students of all levels - from total beginner to advanced. English courses include General English, Intensive English and TOEFL exam preparation.
• On your first day, you take an English test to assess your listening, writing, speaking, and grammar skills. You will then be placed at the level that best suits your needs. At the end of your course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendence.
• A course with Kaplan International is not just about lessons in a classroom, it’s a life experience. We offer an excellent social program designed to provide fun recreational activities and the opportunity to make new friends from many different countries.
• With more than 40 years of experience in teaching English, Kaplan International Colleges has 40+ accredited schools across 8 English-speaking countries.
• In the USA, we are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). Students from 47 different countries attended our Seattle ESL schools last year.
Student Review: "What I like the most is that we are not just learning English, we are also learning about American culture and the culture of various countries, because we are all from different places." - Angela, Venezuela
ALPS Language School is a dedicated English Language course provider in Seattle, Washington. We offer a wide range of beginner to advanced programs for full and part-time adult students to improve their English language skills to meet academic, professional and personal goals.
Our teachers are known for their ability to empower students to communicate confidently in English. Private classes or small group classes of 8 or less let teachers proactively address the needs of each individual student.
- Beginner to Advanced levels
- Full-time and Part-time English courses
- Private English lessons
GROUP CLASSES (max 8 per class)
- Intensive Speaking and Listening
- Intensive Reading and Writing
- Intensive TOEFL Test Preparation class
- Intensive IELTS Test Preparation class
- Business English
- English Grammar
- English Pronunciation
- English Conversation
- Special Topics
- Group projects
The Learning Park provides students with a better way to learn English. Its innovative intensive English program caters to the whole student -- mind, body and spirit. The instruction is provided by a professional ESL teacher in a learner-centered environment. Students study and live at The Learning Park, making the experience highly successful and memorable. The Learning Park facilities are located on scenic Whidbey Island near beautiful Seattle, Washington, the perfect atmosphere for making learning English enjoyable, rewarding and successful.
Courses are tailored to meet each student's unique needs. Programs include: general English, technical/industrial, academic, test preparation, business/administrative, medical/legal. Intensive English program starts monthly for 4-week intensive study. Shorter (1 to 3 weeks), non-intensive classes (20-30 hours per week.
Language Studies Indonesia - Online Indonesian Classes
Courses / Programs
• Learn Bahasa Indonesia online in Washington State with Language Studies Indonesia (LSI) - a leading language school in Jakarta that also offers online Indonesian classes to adults living in Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, Bellevue and throughout WA & nationwide.
• Our online Bahasa Indonesian lessons are taught via Skype to students of all levels - from basic beginner to advanced.
• The LSI Online Outreach Programme makes our high-quality Bahasa Indonesia training accessible to students around the world.
• One of our experienced and qualified faculty members will be your instructor / mentor for the duration of your online Indonesian language course.
• Your mentor will deliver your instruction in 120-minute classes, taught through Skype on a regular basis.
• You can design your own weekly class schedule according to your availability, allowing you to study around your professional and personal commitments.
• To achieve Bahasa Indonesia fluency, you should study as intensively as possible. We recommend that students commit to at least 2 or 3 classes weekly.
• If you want to achieve fluency at "lightning speed," you should take 5 to 10 classes weekly.
• LSI’s world-class teaching faculty is comprised wholly of university-accredited Indonesian language instructors, all of whom are multilingual native-speakers of Bahasa Indonesia.
Student Review / Testimonial: "It is a really good course. I hope to pick it up again at the next level when I get some more time."