IB schools in Shanghai, China: International primary & secondary school for boys & girls, bilingual elementary, middle & high school. IGCSE courses, IB diploma program for expat kids, international preschool in Puxi and Pudong area.
Yew Chung International School of Shanghai: With 4 campus locations within the Puxi and Pudong areas of Shanghai, Yew Chung International School of Shanghai (YCIS) is an accredited K-13 international school for boys and girls, offering one of the most progressive programmes of international education in China. Our schools accommodate a growing number of early childhood, primary and secondary students from the rapidly expanding expatriate community. Our secondary school is authorized as an accredited Cambridge International Examinations Centre and International Baccalaureate World School.
Early Childhood Education (Kindergarten 1-4) Our bilingual programme takes place in a nurturing environment that enables children to exercise initiative, make decisions and construct a hands-on understanding of the world. It is an integrated curriculum with learning activities covering a range of areas rather than isolated subjects. The teachers are guided by the Practice Guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage from the National Curriculum for England, which offers clear guidance for learning based upon developmentally appropriate practice. The programme is continually being adapted to fit the international setting and the needs of all of our children.
Primary / Elementary Education (Grades 1-6) The YCIS international curriculum has learning objectives from Key Stages 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum for England. Incorporating both Western and Eastern cultures through the Co-Teaching model, the school offers students a truly multicultural learning environment where linguistic skills in both English and Chinese are honed.
Core subjects include: - Mathematics - Science - Languages - ICT - Design & Technology - History - Geography - Personal Social Health Education (PSHE) - Music - Art & Design - Physical Education
Secondary Education (Grades 7-13)
- Grades 7-9 (Key Stage 3) Students in Years 7-9 enter Key Stage 3 of the secondary curriculum taking English, History, Geography, Chinese Language, Mathematics and Science. There is a strong emphasis on developing the student’s language proficiency in both Chinese and English. At Key Stage 3, YCIS Shanghai encourages students to achieve their full physical and mental potential and pursue their interests, to lay a solid foundation for their futures.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Program (Year 10-11) At Key Stage 4, all students embark upon a two-year programme of study leading to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examinations. All students take a combination of core subjects and choose a number of optional subjects. The examinations are taken at the end of Year 11. During the IGCSE years, the students’ particular interests and strengths vary across a variety of subjects.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (Year 12-13) The International Baccalaureate (IB) programme is a rigorous pre-university course of studies, leading to external examinations that meet the needs of highly motivated secondary students between the ages of 16 to 19 years. Designed as a comprehensive two-year curriculum that allows graduates to fulfil requirements of various national education systems, the diploma model is based on the pattern of no single country but incorporates the best elements of several.
Chinese Curriculum: Yew Chung International School of Shanghai places great emphasis on the acquisition of the Chinese language (Putonghua), an increasingly important world language. In order to foster a deeper understanding of the language, students are also required to study Chinese culture.
Students learn to read, write and speak fluently in Putonghua through curricula tailored for both native and non-native speakers. These courses run from Kindergarten all the way through to Secondary School and help students attain a strong command of the Chinese language after two to three years.
Yew Chung International School of Beijing (YCIS Beijing), located within the scenic Honglingjin Park, only minutes away from the Beijing CBD in China, is a fully accredited IB World School that provides Beijing’s expatriate community with outstanding quality education across a broad spectrum ranging from early childhood to senior secondary education.
The school is committed to global education and offers a distinctive bilingual education program in a multicultural environment. Offering an international curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England for Kindergarten 2 to Year 11 and the IB Diploma programme for Years 12 and 13, YCIS Beijing graduates attend the finest universities in the world.
- Early Childhood Education
- Primary Education
- Secondary Education
- Bilingual Education Program (English/Chinese)
- National Curriculum of England (years K2 - 11)
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Programme
- IB Diploma Programme (years 12 &13)
Qingdao Amerasia International School (QAIS) is a Toddler - Grade 12 international school. QAIS is located in Qingdao's Laoshan district, close to international-standard housing, shopping - and sports facilities, beautiful beaches and both local and international cuisine restaurants.
We provide holistic, student-centered programs for international students, from Toddler through Grade 12. QAIS is the first and only school in Asia to be accredited by the American Montessori Society for our Toddler and Early Childhood Programs. We are also the first IB World School in Shandong Province, offering the complete IB continium from the Primary Years Programme (PYP), over the Middle Years Programme (MYP) to the Diploma Programme (DP).
We believe a school is more than just an academic environment, but a community where not only students but also parents, teachers and other staff actively work towards creating a family where all feel comfortable and accepted.
Ivy Bilingual School (IBS) in Beijing, is an immersive bilingual school that enrolls children from two to six years of age. Children graduating from IBS are comfortable speaking in both English and Chinese. IBS offers a curriculum designed in the spirit of Multiple Intelligences (MI) theory. The goal of Ivy Bilingual School is to provide children with the most current research-based practices coupled with the knowledge of the unique Chinese culture.
Graduating Kindergarteners are expected to understand, speak, read and write basic characters by the time they graduate from IBS. Approximately 60% of the graduating children enroll in local elementary schools, while about 40% enroll in international schools.
• Situated in the Songjiang area, Shanghai HD bilingual school is a private bilingual school with courses from kindergarten and primary school to secondary school. HD School provides the comprehensive and international education solution for Chinese families who seek an authentic international education.
• HD Shanghai is part of the prestigious Hurtwood House School in England. Hurtwood is consistently ranked #2 in all of the UK, right behind Eton.
• With opulent campuses stretching over 40 acres and a brand new approach to education in China, HD School has quickly become the premier international/bi-lingual school in China.
• Our mission of educating Chinese students for the century sees us concentrate on teaching 21st century skills of communication, critical thinking, creativity and culture.
The Norwegian International School (NIS) is an independent, non-profit, Christian school that provides an intimate, family oriented quality education for international and Chinese students in Tai Po, south of Hong Kong in southern China. We follow the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) with programs taught in English. In a nutshell IPC takes specific subject learning goals and delivers learning through well-planned thematic studies. The goals fall in domains of English, Chinese, science, geography, history, ICT, art, music and P.E.
Through these subjects, children are able to respond in different and exciting ways to the themes they are studying. The IPC is based on the most recent research into the brain and learning. The units of work are set up so that students most effectively access learning. From kindergarten to Grade 6, students learn in a truly small class environment where attention, care, and providing effective teaching for all round development are our most important aims. Our primary school section is located in the quiet village of KamShan, Tai Po in south Hong Kong. We also have a kindergarten section in Tai Po, nestled in a naturally wooded playground.
- Christian school for children from kindergarten to grade 6 following International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- Preschool / Kindergarten Section
- Primary School Section
- Core Subjects include English, Chinese, science, geography, history, ICT, art, music, P.E.
- English as an Additional Language
- Saturday Classes
- All Programs are taught in English
Beijing City International School (BCIS), located in Central Beijing, China, is an accredited, independent, co-educational day school offering an international curriculum for Nursery to Grade 12 students. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School we are authorized to teach all three IB programmes (Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma).
The BCIS mission is to educate and empower students to be compassionate and inspired people, who act for the good of all and for the sustainable development of the world.
BCIS is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We are also a member of the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS) and the International Schools Athletic Conference, Beijing-Tianjin (ISAC).