Bilingual schools in Shanghai, China: International preschool, private primary & secondary school for boys & girls. International elementary, middle & high school, IGCSE courses, IB diploma program for expat kids.
Yew Chung International School of Shanghai: With 4 campus locations within the Puxi and Pudong areas of Shanghai, Yew Chung International School of Shanghai (YCIS) is an accredited K-13 international school for boys and girls, offering one of the most progressive programmes of international education in China. Our schools accommodate a growing number of early childhood, primary and secondary students from the rapidly expanding expatriate community. Our secondary school is authorized as an accredited Cambridge International Examinations Centre and International Baccalaureate World School.
Why Study at Yew Chung International School of Shanghai?
- Bi-lingual Education Model YCIS brings together the East and the West and implements a bilingual and co-cultural programme through a Co-Teaching model in English & Chinese. This model adds strengths to the academic programme, ensures equity in status between two world languages and cultures throughout the school, and reinforces students’ social and cultural competence.
- World Renowned International School As the first international school officially recognised by and registered with the Chinese government, it is considered one of the leading international schools in Shanghai. The school's unique bilingual and multicultural approach to education is recognised globally, and sets the school apart from others.
- Multicultural Approach Students come from over 50 countries and regions, and are educated by teachers from 23 countries under an international curriculum that creates truly global-minded graduates. The school's unique bilingual and multicultural approach to education is recognized globally, and sets the school apart from others.
YCIS Shanghai is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the National Center for School Curriculum and Textbook Development (NCCT). In addition, our secondary school is authorised as an accredited Cambridge International Examinations Centre and International Baccalaureate World School.
Co-educational K-13 International School Programs:
Ivy Bilingual School (IBS) in Beijing, is an immersive bilingual school that enrolls children from two to six years of age. Children graduating from IBS are comfortable speaking in both English and Chinese. IBS offers a curriculum designed in the spirit of Multiple Intelligences (MI) theory. The goal of Ivy Bilingual School is to provide children with the most current research-based practices coupled with the knowledge of the unique Chinese culture.
Graduating Kindergarteners are expected to understand, speak, read and write basic characters by the time they graduate from IBS. Approximately 60% of the graduating children enroll in local elementary schools, while about 40% enroll in international schools.
Beijing City International School (BCIS), located in Central Beijing, China, is an accredited, independent, co-educational day school offering an international curriculum for Nursery to Grade 12 students. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School we are authorized to teach all three IB programmes (Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma).
The BCIS mission is to educate and empower students to be compassionate and inspired people, who act for the good of all and for the sustainable development of the world.
BCIS is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We are also a member of the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS) and the International Schools Athletic Conference, Beijing-Tianjin (ISAC).
Qingdao Amerasia International School (QAIS) is a Toddler - Grade 12 international school. QAIS is located in Qingdao's Laoshan district, close to international-standard housing, shopping - and sports facilities, beautiful beaches and both local and international cuisine restaurants.
We provide holistic, student-centered programs for international students, from Toddler through Grade 12. QAIS is the first and only school in Asia to be accredited by the American Montessori Society for our Toddler and Early Childhood Programs. We are also the first IB World School in Shandong Province, offering the complete IB continium from the Primary Years Programme (PYP), over the Middle Years Programme (MYP) to the Diploma Programme (DP).
We believe a school is more than just an academic environment, but a community where not only students but also parents, teachers and other staff actively work towards creating a family where all feel comfortable and accepted.
Hello Kids Myogadani - International English Preschool, Bunkyo-ku
Courses / Programs
Give your child the opportunity to learn English in a supportive and loving environment with Hello Kids Myogadani! Conveniently situated in Bunkyo ward in central Tokyo, we provide immersion-based preschool and kindergarten programs in English. We also offer English language classes in the afternoons and on Saturdays for preschool, kindergarten and elementary school students (up to age 10).
At Hello Kids Myogadani, we pride ourselves on our high-quality curriculum, class structure and dedicated teaching team. While our focus is on teaching the English language, we also help our students to develop social skills, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and leadership qualities. Our different class programs and special events were created with the simple goal of encouraging and nurturing each student, helping to direct their talent and ambition, and helping them to become their very best.
Our English immersion school is located directly in front of Hisakata Park and comprises two beautiful schools - our Main school and our Annex school. Our school is only a 10 minute train ride from Tokyo station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi subway line, and roughly 25 minutes from Shibuya.
- Preschool (ages 1.5-4)
- English Kindergarten (ages 4-6)
- Afternoon English Language Classes (ages 3-5 & 5-8)
- Saturday English Language Classes (ages 3-5 & 6-10)
- Summer Camp in Tokyo
- 8-Day Summer Trip to Canada
- Special Music Concerts
- Sleepover / Overnight Stay at Hello Kids in Autumn
- Day Trip to Mt. Fuji
- Day Trip to Mothers Farm
- Potato-digging day, and other fun, hands-on activities including Easter, the Star Festival, Children's Day, Halloween & Christmas
The Norwegian International School (NIS) is an independent, non-profit, Christian school that provides an intimate, family oriented quality education for international and Chinese students in Tai Po, south of Hong Kong in southern China. We follow the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) with programs taught in English. In a nutshell IPC takes specific subject learning goals and delivers learning through well-planned thematic studies. The goals fall in domains of English, Chinese, science, geography, history, ICT, art, music and P.E.
Through these subjects, children are able to respond in different and exciting ways to the themes they are studying. The IPC is based on the most recent research into the brain and learning. The units of work are set up so that students most effectively access learning. From kindergarten to Grade 6, students learn in a truly small class environment where attention, care, and providing effective teaching for all round development are our most important aims. Our primary school section is located in the quiet village of KamShan, Tai Po in south Hong Kong. We also have a kindergarten section in Tai Po, nestled in a naturally wooded playground.
- Christian school for children from kindergarten to grade 6 following International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- Preschool / Kindergarten Section
- Primary School Section
- Core Subjects include English, Chinese, science, geography, history, ICT, art, music, P.E.
- English as an Additional Language
- Saturday Classes
- All Programs are taught in English
• Situated in the Songjiang area, Shanghai HD bilingual school is a private bilingual school with courses from kindergarten and primary school to secondary school. HD School provides the comprehensive and international education solution for Chinese families who seek an authentic international education.
• HD Shanghai is part of the prestigious Hurtwood House School in England. Hurtwood is consistently ranked #2 in all of the UK, right behind Eton.
• With opulent campuses stretching over 40 acres and a brand new approach to education in China, HD School has quickly become the premier international/bi-lingual school in China.
• Our mission of educating Chinese students for the century sees us concentrate on teaching 21st century skills of communication, critical thinking, creativity and culture.