The Regent's School, Bangkok:
The Regent's School, Bangkok is a co-educational day and boarding IB World school located in the Huai Khwang District, east of the city center offering early years through to secondary education programmes. The Regent's Bangkok campus provides boarding / residential programmes for boys and girls ages 10-18 years. English is the language of instruction. The Regent’s School has two additional campus locations: One in Pattaya on the east coast of Thailand, approximately 165 km south-east of Bangkok, and another in the UK. There are over 50 nationalities at both Regent’s Thailand’s campuses, but over 85% of IB students (Years 12 and 13) are international (mostly Europeans). The Regent's School, Bangkok offers IGCSE / GCSE, A Levels and The International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. We are proud of our examination results which have improved year on year and are well above national UK averages.
- Primary School Programmes:
* Early Years Programmes: Our curriculum is divided into six areas of learning, each stage of development is recorded in a personal profile which the child is able to take home. Our early years children are accommodated in purpose-built classrooms.
* Key Stage One Curriculum Overview: We have two year groups consisting of Year One and Year Two. Classes are kept small so as to ensure the best possible learning environment for a child’s development. Year One is a stepping stone between the Early Years Foundation Stage and the more curriculum orientated Key Stage Two.
* Key Stage Two Curriculum Overview: Key Stage 2 provides a rich, stimulating and challenging learning environment for students aged 7 to 11. We follow the English National Curriculum (ENC) although some of the content has been adapted to our international setting. Pupils can expect an emphasis on English, Mathematics and Science. Due stress is placed on speaking, listening, reading, writing and spelling. A broad mathematical experience is aimed at catering for the needs of children's different abilities. An investigational approach in Science is followed via topics based on the National Curriculum.
Historical and geographical topics range from Ancient Egypt to Ethnic Minorities in Thailand, and from Weather Around the World to Improving our Local Environment. Many of the topics have been designed to draw on local sources but there is also an attempt to create a global perspective. Relevant skills and understanding are built into the planning of these topics.
There is specialist teaching for French, Thai, Music, PE and ICT. Years 5 & 6 also have specialist teaching for Art. Primary has its own dedicated Music, Art and Reading rooms. There are specialist language rooms, a cooking room, a well stocked library, ICT suite and auditorium. Primary students also have full access to shared facilities such as the swimming pool, dance studio, basketball courts and playing field.
* ESL Programme: It is our aim at The Regent’s School, Bangkok to play our role in developing a child's bilingualism by facilitating their English language learning. Research has shown that children will best learn language if they engage in its meaningful use. The more they use language in meaningful situations, the more rapidly they achieve competency.
- Secondary School Programmes:
We offer IGCSE / GCSE, A Levels and also The International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. We are proud of our examination results which have improved year on year and are well above national UK averages.
We offer the IB Diploma Programme to students in Years 12 and 13. IB is a dynamic learning programme that offers a broad educational experience, and is the perfect preparation for University and further education.
Over the course of the two year programme, students:
* Study six subjects chosen from the subject groups
* Complete an extended essay
* Follow a theory of knowledge course (TOK)
* Participate in creativity, action, service (CAS)
The subject groups are: Language, Humanities, Maths / ICT, The Arts, Science. The extended essay is an externally assessed document of 4000 words, written on one of the subject areas. Theory of Knowledge (TOK) is an interdisciplinary component that explores the different concepts of knowledge found in the subject areas.
Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) is where the participating student spends a minimum of 150 hours over the two year course on creative, physical and service activities in the local community. This allows the student to gain real life experience beyond the classroom, and fits in perfectly with the school’s Round Square philosophy, as we seek to prepare our students to be exemplary citizens.
Boarding / Residential Programmes (For Ages 10-18 Years):
When you arrive at the Bangkok Boarding House, you will be joining a vibrant international community from a number of different nations. Democracy means we try to involve Boarders in the decision making processes within the Boarding House. Boarders have set up and run specific activities such as the Boarders Choir and Boarders Volleyball. Thus, also providing the chance for leadership and service too.
Weekend activities and the mid-term vacations provide the opportunity for Boarders to be adventurous and explore Bangkok and its wider locality via chaperoned visits. Specific round square activities and trips will also be arranged where Boarders can join together with their day student friends. In the Boarding House, we expect you to study to the best of your ability. We also expect you to reach out to others from different countries, befriend and assist them with their studies and in so doing act as a positive role model. We can promise you a challenging, stretching, exciting, stimulating experience as a Boarder.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 592 Pracha-Uthit Road, Huay Khwang, 10310, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.