Oswestry School, Shropshire:
Oswestry School is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school for boys and girls aged 4-18 located in Oswestry, Shropshire, West Midlands of England. Set in 50 acres of attractive grounds, the school overlooks the old market town of Oswestry and the broad reach of the Shropshire plain. All pupils are encouraged to establish ‘the roots to grow and the wings to fly’. High quality teaching enables pupils to realise their academic potential, acquire skills, confidence and leadership qualities through participating in a broad range of activities.
Our aim is to develop to the full the talents of every one of our pupils and to promote their intellectual, moral, spiritual, academic, physical, cultural and social development.
Education for Life:
Oswestry School offers a complete education for life, helping pupils realise their full potential by:
- Developing spiritual, intellectual, physical, cultural and social qualities in each individual.
- Creating a community of well-balanced young people who are fully prepared for the challenges and responsibilities of the outside world.
- Promoting an atmosphere of friendship and trust, where consideration is shown and tolerance exercised.
- Providing a secure setting with individual attention and a mixture of traditional and modern teaching methods; thus the imagination can be kindled and academic potential fulfilled.
- Instilling a spirit of service, cultivating self-motivation and self-discipline as the basis of leadership at all levels.
- Boarding facilities are available for boys and girls from 6-18 years. Each boarding house is run by houseparents who lead a team of dedicated staff to care for the pupils in their charge. The staff are supportive and understanding, providing on-going guidance throughout the student’s time at the school and ensuring that new boarders soon settle in with the existing pupils.
Primary & Secondary School Day & Boarding Programmes:
- Day Programmes for boys and girls 4-18 years
- Boarding programmes for boys and girls 11-18 years
- Prepcare Nursery Section
- Lower School
- Upper School
- Sixth Form
- English as an acquired language (EAL) Lessons for international students
- Learning Support Department
- Oswestry School welcomes pupils from many countries, both pupils whose parents are working abroad and those who are coming to the UK to study for the first time.
- We are a very friendly school and pupils soon feel at home in the warm, family atmosphere. We arrange for airport transfers for all our overseas pupils at the beginning and end of each term.
- Specialist English language tuition is offered to all our overseas pupils. The principal aim of this tuition is to ensure that all our pupils achieve the level of linguistic competence that will enable them to derive maximum benefit from teaching in all the subjects available in the School’s broad educational curriculum.
Clubs and Societies:
The many clubs and societies offered at Oswestry School are designed to appeal to pupils of various ages and interests. Included are such diverse activities as sailing, chess, photography, horse riding, self defence, personal fitness, badminton and mountain biking. After school activities and clubs vary each term but there is always a wide variety of activities to choose from.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Oswestry, Church Street, Shropshire, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.