Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy:
Located in Cedar City, Iron County UT, 250 miles south of Salt Lake City, Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy (MSPA) is a transitional boarding school for boys & girls ages 14-18, who are transitioning from a residential treatment center (RTC) or wilderness program in need of a safe environment to practice the new skills that that they have learned.
Transitional Boarding School for Boys & Girls Ages 14-18:
- Specialized teachers who are passionate about what they teach (and, therefore, who produce students who say things like, “I’ve never liked math before!”)
- SAT/ACT preparation and testing
- Outstanding college-prep curriculum that is taught through learning and teaching techniques best suited for this type of student (e.g. lots of “hands-on” learning)
- A customized education plan
- Superb teacher-student ratios (average 1:6 teacher to student ratio) that provide the one-on-one best suited for this type of student
- Fully-accredited academic program (Northwest Association of Accredited Schools)
- Opportunities for some students to enroll at Southern Utah University and take college level classes while still living in a safe, supportive environment
- Classes take place on campus with access to the teachers during regular study halls
- Opportunities to accelerate students' coursework to help them get caught up or graduate on time. In addition, Opportunities exist to make up deficient grades
- College entrance preparation and application assistance
- Career exploration and vocational internships
- A comprehensive approach to ADD and ADHD that goes beyond academics
At Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy, we have long believed that traveling can indeed be one of the best forms of education. To that end, Mountain Springs has designed one large international trip per year.
Because the student profile at Mountain Springs is a student who is or has struggled in the past and who often battles low self-esteem, these Outdoor Leadership Excursions provide invaluable opportunities to challenge their beliefs, nurture leadership qualities, and learn once again that “I can do it!”
The saying, “I would rather see a sermon than hear one any day” encapsulates the academic philosophy of Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy. Our outstanding, formal classroom education is complimented by regular trips outside of the classroom to study in nature’s classroom. We call these education-led, field trips Knowledge Treks!
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 1441 S. Campus Drive, Cedar City, Iron County, Utah , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.