Olympia Christian School:
Olympia Christian School (OCS) & Early Learning Center in Olympia in Thurston County, Washington State provides loving childcare for ages 1 month through to 5 years of age. The school also teaches kindergarten through to 10th grade. We provide great teachers, classes and extra-curricular activities. Leadership skills are integrated into our school’s curriculum and culture. This provides students with practical character and life skills relevant for today’s 21st century challenges. Our teachers are all certified by Washington State and have a denominational certification through the North American Division Department of Education. Approximately 85% of our graduates go on to college.
Childcare Programs (Early Learning Center):
These childcare programs are for ages 1 month through to 5 years. Our program provides a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children while responding to the needs of families. Children learn by doing, and by playing. Our curriculum is designed to acquaint each child with the fascinating world around them. Your child will have the oportunity to learn at their own pace in a safe environment by our nurturing, caring, Christian teachers
- Infants / Toddlers Childcare Program:
Our caring and nurturing teachers allow for our Infants/Toddlers to feel safe and secure while they take their first steps or speak their first words. Infants/Toddlers learn through sensory experiences that emphasize the environment. Nurturing, personal care builds trust and self-esteem in a supportive environment. Our teachers balance group interaction with individual attention to help build socialization, cognitive, language, and motor skills.
Studies have shown that children learn by doing. Throughout the day, preschool children will learn and strengthen cognitive skills with several child-initiated hand-on activities and programs. The social skills developed in our classrooms will help support children to learn effective communication skills, conflict resolution skills, and problem-solving skills that enable children to flourish in a classroom setting.
* For students K-8: OCS offers a standard course load of Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Bible, Computer, Physical Education, and Music.
* Class sizes vary between 8-20 students depending on the class. We average about 10 students per teacher.
- Kindergarten - 2nd Grade Program:
Our wonderful K-2 program will actively involve your child in these areas as a whole group: Bible, Language Arts, Music, Science, Social Studies, and PE. In Reading and Math students are divided into grade specific groups and / or ability levels.
The children love to sing and have learned a variety of songs throughout the school year. Many creative art projects with various mediums such as paints, chalk, pastels, crayons and paper cut-outs were also a part of the art curriculum. The students have enjoyed learning diversity as we studied other cultures and worldwide celebrations through food, art, geography, folktales, and music.
- Grades 3 - 5 Program:
In our 3rd-5th grade classroom, you will see:
* Children singing praises, opening their Bibles and praying. Of greatest importance is learning to know Jesus as our Friend and Savior.
* Students working with math manipulatives in small groups or creating nebulas in bright bursts of color for our art exhibit.
* Children reading to a partner or sharing with the class their discoveries about the spawning and migration habits of Pacific NW salmon.
* Kids singing "Silly Songs with Mrs. McKown" or practicing for a performance with the chime choir.
* Students acquiring academic skills through an integrated curriculum while they wonder and explore. We emphasize life skills and Christian virtues to help each student develop friendships, leadership skills, and positive habits.
- Grades 6 - 8 Program:
We are already looking forward to this fall. This year will be exciting as we start out in our new building. We are also looking forward to the many field trips taken with the rest of the school. Then there's the 8th grade class trip.
- Music Program:
Grades K-2 have classroom music, Grades 3-5 play the chimes and Grades 6-8 play Handbells. Music groups perform at various venues and concerts throughout the year. It is imperative the students are present for all such performances. The all-school choir performs 3-4 times yearly.
School Age Childcare (Before & Afterschool Program):
Our Before & Afterschool program focuses on social skills, character development, and provides children to rest, relax, and reinvigorate themselves by providing numerous choices for children to choose from. Activities such as Arts & Crafts, Teambuilding, Community Service, and Homework will be a vital part of the daily schedule.
- Extra-Curricular Activities:
*HANDS: A Sign Language Choir done as a group to music and performs often for church events.
* Piano: A piano teacher, Sabrina Sheppard, comes to the school weekly to teach a 30 minute lesson to those students interested in taking piano.
* Lego Robotics: Students are given an idea / problem relevant to today’s world and must create inventions using Lego pieces to solve or help negate the problem. They present their project before judges at Walla Walla University’s School of Engineering in the springtime. The older students also program an NXT robot to perform tasks on a challenge course.
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 1215 Ethel Street NW, Olympia 98502, Thurston County, Washington , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.