International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC): The International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) is an accredited English language school and TESOL teacher training school with campuses in the centers of Toronto, Ontario and Vancouver BC. Our four-week TESOL diploma program is offered to native English speakers and non-native speakers who want to become language teachers in Canada and overseas. The four-week International TESOL certificate program is offered to international students who want to go back to their country to teach or want an additional English achievement for their resume.
TESOL English Teacher Training Certificate & Diploma Courses: - Four-Week TESOL Diploma Program: The 4-week TESOL diploma program is offered to native English speakers and non-native speakers who want to become language teachers in Canada and overseas. It includes 100 hours of instruction plus a mandatory 20-hour teaching practice (practicum). This course is recognized by TESL Canada and is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act. Non-native speakers need to present a standardized test result confirming they meet TESL Canada’s standard (iBT TOEFL of 80; IELTS of 6.5)
Our one-month, 100-hour TESOL programme will give the tools and expertise to teach English in Canada or overseas. You'll learn how to:
- Distill your natural communication skills into lessons that can be tailored and adapted for learners at all levels. - Guide learners through the intricacies of grammar and vocabulary, pronunciation and writing, listening and speaking and you'll learn how to do it in an engaging and dynamic way that is mutually enjoyable. - Bring industry ESL coursebooks to life in the classroom, how to develop rapport with your students, what works and what doesn't. - Focus on specific and troublesome language points. - Generate effective practicing techniques. - Challenge learners to activate their new skills, bringing those skills to life, down from the whiteboard and into the social arena in a relevant and powerful manner.
Teaching Practice: Unique to ILAC, our "mini-class" sessions give would-be teachers the chance to practice their newly-acquired skills in a real-life setting. The hands-on experience you gain through our practice sessions will give you the confidence you need to win over a real classroom and create an environment that is nurturing, real and fulfilling, not only for your students, but for you, as teacher.
- Four-Week International TESOL Certificate Program: The 4-week International TESOL certificate program is offered to international students who want to go back to their country to teach or want an additional English achievement for their resume. They study alongside Canadians preparing to start their international teaching careers. This course includes 100 hours of instruction plus a mandatory 10-hour teaching practice (practicum). Minimum ILAC level 12 required as well as an excellent oral interview with our Director of Studies.
Vancouver Career College is a fully accredited, first-class training facility dedicated to the needs of individuals just like you, looking for a career change opportunity or a quality program in order to learn to teach English as a second language in Canada or abroad. Vancouver Career College has six campus locations in BC province - Vancouver, Burnaby, Abbotsford, Surrey, Coquitlam and Kelowna.
We are fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) of British Columbia. Our TESL certification program is recognized by TESL Canada.
Note: Vancouver Career College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
The University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada is a is a coeducational public research university offering a distance-delivered university-based Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL) Program that can be taken from anywhere in the world. Some courses may be taken on campus. Students who complete the on-campus Summer TEFL Intensive at the U of Sask. may be eligible for transfer credit and an application bursary.
CERTESL us a 250-hour, 18 credit, 6 course program recognized for accreditation by TESL Canada, SCENES and TESL Ontario (note that TESL Ontario accreditation requires a total of 300 hours which may be completed via one additional CERTESL course and supplemental practicum hours).
Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language Program (CERTESL):
CERTESL lets you choose courses that will train you to teach in ESL (English as a Second Language), EFL (English as a Foreign Language) or ESD (English as a Second Dialect) settings, depending on your own career or travel plans.
International Career Institute, Online TEFL Diploma Course
Courses / Programs
• International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading, accredited distance learning school for students in Canada, USA, UK, Australia & globally that offers an online TESOL (ICI Diploma) qualification course as well as courses in a wide range of other subjects and professions.
• Our online TEFL / TESOL English teacher training course will quickly provide you with the key skills you need to be a successful ESL teacher.
• ICI home study students come from Canada, USA, and elsewhere around the world. We have weekly intake dates, and you can enroll whenever you are ready.
• ICI online TESOL courses are recognised & accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), and the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a member of the College of Teachers which is the UK's professional educational institute for teachers.
Further Professional / Career Development Training Online:
• ICI Diploma & ICI Advanced Diploma qualifications in a wide range of careers:
Hospitality, business management, office admin, PR, marketing, sales, HR, IT / web design, journalism, counselling & psychology, natural health / nutrition, catering, fashion design, beauty therapy, makeup, pet care, & more.
• ICI offers home study courses in 34 foreign languages at various levels including: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese & more.
Global Village Career Training Centre offer TEFL / TESOL certification courses in the heart of the cosmopolitan Yaletown District of Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are affiliated with Global Village English Centre - an English language school offering English courses to students from around the world.
We offer full-time, intensive TESOL diploma courses. Our 8-week TESOL diploma includes the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT). Our 10-week TESOL diploma includes a 2-week Young Learners (YL) Extension. Our TESOL / TEFL courses are primarily designed for intermediate / advanced ESL students who want to teach English as a second language in their home countries in classroom settings.
GV Career Training Centre is devoted to providing a growing number of career training programs and related services of the highest quality. Our instructors are highly qualified and experienced. We are government-regulated and registered with PCTIA (Private Career Training Institutions Agency). We have a new and spacious modern campus with full computer access and resources.
Greystone College is a career training institute with schools in Vancouver BC and Toronto, Ontario in Canada. Our English language teacher training programs are affiliated with top-ranked industry associations that assure our graduates of worldwide recognition. Greystone College has a student centered approach to learning and offers Diploma and Certificate Programs in TESOL - Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Our mission at Greystone College is to offer career enhancing education programs and to deliver premier quality training in a stimulating environment. Greystone College’s statement of purpose is to empower all students with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare them for challenging global career opportunities.
StudyCELTA: CELTA & Delta Courses Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Courses / Programs
StudyCELTA is a professional English teacher training provider that offers teacher training programs in 13 countries and 24 different cities around the world. Our schools in Vancouver BC provides 4-week, full-time CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) courses to students from around the world. The West Pender Street venue also offers Delta course modules.
Our CELTA tutors are highly-experienced and qualified teachers who have also received CELTA Trainer accreditation through the University of Cambridge. They have completed both the CELTA and Delta qualifications and have many years of both teaching and training experience.
Accommodation can be arranged by the teacher training centres for trainees from outside Vancouver. We're here to help and give you our advice based on personal knowledge of Vancouver and of English language teaching as a career.