Geneva School of Manhattan: LoThe Geneva School of Manhattan is a preschool to 8th Grade coeducational school offering a classical, Christian education. We provide preschool with French language immersion, kindergarten, lower and upper school programs. Founded in 1966 the school has provided a rich and rigorous curriculum within the framework of Christian beliefs since the beginning. Classical education has worked best for centuries because it corresponds to the way in which young minds develop, giving students the confidence to excel in any field that they choose. The classical curriculum allows students to accumulate knowledge earlier than would be accomplished in most other educational formats.
Email:Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Co-Ed Programs from Pre-K through 8th Grade: - Preschool Program with French language immersion
- Lower School (Kindergarten to 4th grade)
- Upper School (5th to 8th grade)
- Classical Christian curriculum with English grammar, reading, spelling and vocabulary, French, math, logic, history, science, visual arts
- After School Programs including ballet, art instruction, chess club, sports and exercise
Based in Manhattan, NYC, Big Apple Tutoring is a tutoring agency that offers high-quality tutoring to students in the comfort of their own home. We provide individual private tutoring to students of all ages and levels: Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School, High School and College. Our tutors serve the Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Midtown and Downtown Manhattan, as well as some areas of Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx.
Our professional tutors are all specialists in the subjects they tutor and as we have students from almost every school in NYC, we have grown to know the curriculum of nearly every school in Manhattan. We are also familiar with the demanding requirements from Manhattan's private and preparatory schools. We understand that providing your children with the right motivation, test prep, study skills, and guidance with homework can make a big difference when it comes to achieving top grades in school.
Oogie Art is the World's No.1 art portfolio preparatory school based on college and art award results alone. We are located in Manhattan, NY, Boston & Lexington, MA, and Shanghai, China.
Every year, we have help students gain admission with scholarships to their 1st choice colleges and universities.
These are the results from 2018:
2 students accepted from Harvard
1 student from Stanford, MIT, Yale
3 students from Cornell
2 students from Columbia University
+ and many more from SVA, RISD, Parsons, and Pratt.
The results of this year's 2019 for Early Action and Decision:
1 student accepted to Harvard
2 students accepted to Cornell
At Oogie, students will build college prep skills and develop diverse portfolios with varying levels of experience. Our rigorous classes hone student's technical skills in a range of media, as well as develop an extraordinary body of their own frameworks because our students follow a curriculum that is specifically based on their individual needs, goals and most immediate deadlines.
Class scheduling is extremely flexible - students register by the semester or year.
1. Art Portfolio Prep Program: Gr. 7-12 & Transfer
2. Junior Program: Grade 7-8
3. Art HS or Boarding School Art Portfolio and Audition Prep Program: Gr. 7-8
4. Young Talent program: Gr.4-6
5. AP Studio Art Program: Gr. 10-12
6. Foundation Program: Gr. 7 and Up
7. Curating and Art Research Program
8. Art College Counseling Service
- Perspective Drawing & Painting
- Figure Drawing & Painting
- Advanced Drawing & Painting
- Mixed Media & Collage
- Group Crits
- Film & Animation
- Fashion Design
- Business of Design
- Graphic Design
- Digital Art
- Installation Art
Conveniently located in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, NYC, Wee Care Child Care provides child care and preschool programs for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years. Enrolling your child in day care or preschool at an early age means that you are preparing them for educational success in elementary school. Early childhood development teaches important elements associated with quality performance in school.
Our teachers work on developing and modifying routines for infants, providing language development for toddlers, and teaching the fundamentals of art, math, and science for preschoolers. We are proud of our creative learning programs which are grounded in teacher-guided activities based on monthly themes, with modifications based on age group.
Our child care center is licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and our staff members are trained in CPR and First Aid.
ABC Languages, Manhattan - Classes in NYC & Online via Zoom / Skype
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for quality Spanish language classes in NYC for your child or teenager?
• A leading provider of foreign language instruction, ABC Languages NYC provides private Spanish tutoring for kids (ages 4+), teens and adults.
• Our popular language school is conveniently situated at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Koreatown, Flatiron and Midtown).
• Our qualified and experienced teachers will help your child to improve their Spanish language skills in a fun and effective way.
• Whether you want a weekly after-school Spanish program, an at-home Spanish language play group or more intensive Spanish classes as part of your curriculum, we can help to design a program that suits you.
• Private Spanish lessons mean your child gets the exclusive attention of the teacher and can learn faster. You can choose the days and times of the lessons which can be held at our school or your home (or other location of your choice).
A.C.T Programs at The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
Courses / Programs
Adults and Children in Trust (A.C.T.), located on the 11-acre oasis of the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine campus on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, is an education center that provides year-round educational and recreational programs for infants, children and teens from 6 months to 17 years old.
At A.C.T., we work with children from the very beginning. Once children are in school, we provide families with afterschool care, holiday camps, summer camps and even party services for those special milestones in a child’s life.
•Playstation Gym (6 months – 5 years old)
•One-to-One Classes (Adult & Child Classes)
•2-Day Nursery School (2.0 years – 4 years) - Extended Day available
•3-Day Nursery School (2.5 years – 4 years) - Extended Day available
•Afternoon Drop Off Specialty Classes (2.0 years – 4.0 years)
•Full-Day Preschool (2.9 years – 4.9 years)
•Afterschool (4.5 years, if in ACT Preschool or K – 4th Grade)
•School Holiday/Vacation Camp (K – 7th Grade)
•Summer Camp (3.10 – 13.9 years )
•CIT (Counselor in Training – starting at age 15)
•Divine Party Services
The New Amsterdam School offers programs inspired by Waldorf curriculum for children from birth to age seven and beyond in Lower Manhattan, New York City. Established in 2006, it began as a grassroots alliance of educators, parents and community leaders determined to bring the benefits of Waldorf education to the Lower Manhattan community in New York City.
The school will open the doors to their grade school in the Fall of 2014! As the school grows the preschool will also expand to welcome more families into the school community.
We are conveniently located for families from the East Village, Lower East Side, West Village, Soho, Tribeca, Battery Park City, Dumbo and other Brooklyn Neighborhoods. We are easily reached by the F, J, M & Z trains as well as a number of city buses.
We are an independent, nonsectarian school dedicated to educating a diverse community of children and their parents. Our young program is part of the well-established Waldorf movement that today includes over 1000 schools and 1600 early childhood programs in 58 countries. Waldorf education is the fastest-growing independent school movement in the world.