University of Leicester, School of Management:
University of Leicester, School of Management, is one of the UK's top management schools offering postgraduate courses in Management, Marketing and Finance, including the Leicester MBA that can be studied flexibly through supported distance learning. This means that you don't have to take a career break to get ahead. You can study at a pace to suit you - in your own time and your own space. Our students come from around the world, ensuring a truly international focus to our MBA and MSc programmes. Studying a professionally accredited management qualification will enhance your career prospects. It can be the springboard to promotion with your current employer, the platform from which to launch a new career or simply become more effective in your current role.
Master of Business Administration (MBA):
The Leicester MBA provides you with the skills necessary to become a competent and capable manager in today’s global business environment. The course will enhance your ability to evaluate and analyse evidence and implement appropriate solutions in any business environment.
Upon successful completion of the Leicester MBA you will have developed:
* an understanding of a wide range of management skills and operating techniques;
* confidence to assess and analyse complex problems and make decisions;
* a co-operative approach to problem solving;
* skills in communicating clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
* the capacity to think creatively and strategically about a wide range of business issues;
* the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure;
* an awareness of cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a cross-cultural, multi-national, team based environment.
Candidates who wish to focus on a chosen subject may obtain a specialist MBA in:
* MBA (Marketing)
* MBA (Finance)
* MBA (Total Quality Management)
* MBA (EmployeeRelations)
* MBA (IT Management)
This qualification will jump start your financial career or allow you to get ahead in your current management career. You will gain the following skills and abilities:
* thorough understanding of the principle methods and techniques of financial management
* provide you with a framework of reference enabling you to deal with complex financial issues and to handle them effectively
* strategic focus of the course will enhance your ability to analyse any situation and to make sound financial decisions
* practical management skills will be gained using a various approaches and methods including case studies
MSc in Marketing:
To cope with new and changing market conditions managers need a greater sensitivity and awareness of the special circumstances now facing them. This degree will enable you to advance your career by being aware and having the abilities to manage these changing market demands. You will benefit from studying with a University that has a huge amount of experience in delivering distance learning education. We have more than 5,000 distance learning students - making it part of our core provision and meaning our teaching and learning support is well developed for this kind of learning.
MSc/PGDip/PGCert in Management:
In all aspects of contemporary society, management fulfils an increasingly vital role. Successful management requires a combination of key skills and an understanding of different organisational, cultural and environmental factors. The MSc in Management prepares you for these demands by providing a comprehensive grounding in the functions of management supported by critical analysis of the context in which managers work.
Professional Diploma in Management:
The Professional Diploma in Management provides an excellent introduction to management studies and is aimed at preparing students from a range of employment and educational backgrounds to enter postgraduate study. Whether you want a programme which will prepare you to undertake a postgraduate programme with the School of Management, or are looking for a stand-alone management qualification, this programme is aimed at you.