Candle making courses by distance learning with a UK teacher in English: Learn how to make candles at home through email correspondence. Home study candle design courses for beginners / adults to advanced level artists & candle designers from a top candle making school in Jamaica.
The Candle Academy in Jamaica & Online: Learn detailed candle making or encaustic art techniques and methods this summer in picturesque Jamaica in the Caribbean with The Candle Academy! Offering intensive summer and year-round courses for U.S. & global students - taught by Gary Simmons, one of the world's top candle designers and encaustic painting specialists. Learn from Gary via a candle making business course, artistic candle design course, or wax painting workshop, or study candle making by distance learning from your home, Live online on Skype or via HD video recordings.
Email:Contact us here
Summer & Year-Round Candle Making / Wax Art Courses: Courses are taught in English or French depending on your preference. The comprehensive training courses are immersive, hands-on and very visual.
Candle Making Business Setup Course • Duration: 6 days. Price: 5,000 euro
This extensive, one-on-one course teaches you everything from designing candles to manufacturing to distribution and marketing.
Condensed Business Setup Course • Duration: 4 days. Price: 3,500 euro
A condensed version of the 6 day business setup course. On completion, you will have enough information to start selling your product and earning from what you have learned.
Advanced Candle Making Course • Duration: 2 days. Price: 1,000-2,000 euro
This course is designed for existing candle makers to improve their technique and range. Can also be customized for a beginner to candle design who wishes to create unique and marketable designs.
Encaustic Art / Wax Painting Workshop • Duration: 2-3 days. Price: 2,000 euro • For encaustic art beginners to advanced artists
On completion of this course, students will have full knowledge and confidence of working with the exciting and unique medium of wax painting, and will take home six of their best paintings. Course topics / modules include:
- All instruction in the medium of Encaustic Art - Aging - Marblizing - Metal Effects - Texturizing - Understanding Temperatures - Weathering - Wood Effects - Working with Colour
Distance Learning Candle Making Courses • Taught via email correspondence
These premium courses follow the same curriculum as our on-site programs, and we suggest this approach for people that live too far to be able to attend in person in Jamaica.
Student Testimonials: "I absolutely loved Gary's Candle Design Seminar. Gary thank you again for the hard work you put to teach me everything about the candle making business. Your passion and love for candle design was truly inspiring. I now feel ready and secure to start my own business." - Samantha, El Salvador
"I spent a very enjoyable week in the South of France learning how to make some wonderful candles with Gary, and now I have the confidence to tackle projects that would have seemed impossible previously." - Jeanie, France
The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Courses / Programs
Study English at a top U.S. university this summer!
• Based just 15 minutes north of Downtown Baltimore (on the East Coast of the United States),the English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University provides an 8-week English language immersion summer camp for non-native English speaking adults and college-age students. We also offer our 8-week intensive English programs year-round as well as a TOEFL Test Preparation course.
• Full-time students study in class for 20 hours a week, and also work with classmates on projects outside of class and in the community. Part-time students have a variety of class options to fit their schedule.
• The English Language Institute summer program is an excellent course for international students from around the world who wish to improve their English language skills for academic and career advancement. We offer a wide range of modern facilities for our English students on our university campus.
Student Reviews: "The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English, the classes are interesting and the staff really helps you to reach your goal - whatever it is." - Mark, Switzerland
"After learning English at the ELI, I have made big progress in English listening, speaking, reading and writing. My TOEFL score progressed from 490 to 567. The teachers here are very nice." - Yaoping, China
• Join us in 2019 for our highly-immersive and exciting foreign language summer programs for kids and teens in The Woodlands in the North Houston area.
• Students attend our summer camps from The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Tomball, Humble, Porter, Montgomery County, and surrounding Houston area.
• Crossing Borders provides quality English and Spanish language summer camps for kids and high school teens ages 4-16 years old, as well as German & French summer camps for kids and teens 9-16 years old.
• Offered during the months of June, July and August, our summer language immersion camps are designed to give children & teenagers a unique opportunity to spend their summer break having fun learning or improving in a second or third language.
• In our Spanish summer camps, children are grouped according to age, level, and language proficiency.
• They learn in full Spanish immersion from one of our native Spanish speakers. They take part in arts & crafts, play games, and learn Spanish in a fun, interactive setting.
• Our programs have very specific goals while creating dynamic, energetic classes with emphasis on the target language by using our immersion strategies.
Student Review: "I'm finishing my time here, but I don't want to go without first say thanks to you and your team Crossing Borders...Each class that I have attended was excellent. I feel like I have had the best summer months." - Spanish Student
Located in Stamford CT (just one hour north of NYC), The Mayapple Center provides 5-day summer programs in the fields of creative writing, music, visual arts, humanities, and theatre. Taught by experienced faculty who are leading specialists in their respective fields, our summer arts programs are open to adults with two years of college experience.
In addition, we offer cultural literacy weekend programs for youth, 30-day artist residencies, humanities forums, humanitarian retreats, and study abroad programs.
Mayapple creates space to cultivate imagination through artistic and intellectual cross-pollination in a distinctly 21st century climate. We create an atmosphere where artists and scholars of exceptional stature come to teach and collaborate with small groups of dedicated, like-minded participants. Our diverse programs are offered in a retreat environment where the distractions of quotidian life are suspended, freeing participants and faculty to pursue artistic and intellectual passions.
The Center is located on a 10 acre campus whose serene lake and peaceful landscape of trees and gardens serve to inspire its residents. Activities such as swimming, tennis, canoeing, yoga and meditation promote a strong sense of community among residents, with an emphasis on mindfulness.
The center’s holistic approach is demonstrated by our dedication to sustainability. Meals are partially prepared from organic produce from Mayapple gardens, and we serve locally-sourced food at every meal.
Penobscot Language School - Adult Summer English Immersion Program, Maine
Courses / Programs
Penobscot Language School in Rockland, Maine, is a unique non-profit center for language learning and international exchange offering summer English courses for adults. Each July and August we invite English language students from around the world to spend three weeks speaking English and exploring life in our small friendly community here on the beautiful Maine coast.
If you appreciate the value of a true English immersion, we would love to have you join us. The key to our success is the pleasure and excitement of meeting and learning from each other. This motivates an intense conversation in which you learn English through listening and active participation.
The goal of the Summer English Program for adults is maximum English acquisition. Three hours of class each weekday, 24/7 conversational immersion, speakers, individual tutorials, outdoor activities, meals and homestay are all pieces of this full immersion. Our courses are designed for international adults who have basic English skills and a serious interest in building confidence and fluency.
• Kaplan International offer summer English courses for adults in the USA. Our English schools are located in New York City; Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Huntington Beach, California; Miami, Florida; Boston area, Massachusetts; Seattle area, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois; and Washington DC.
• All of our ESL schools in the USA offer Vacation English courses. Vacation English is our least intensive course option, helping you to improve your English language skills but leaving you with plenty of free time for sightseeing and leisure activities.
• Students take 20 General English classes per week. The course is designed for students over the age of 16 with elementary to advanced levels of English. Courses last from 2 - 52 weeks and begin every Monday.
• In addition to our Vacation English programs, we offer summer and year-round courses in General English, Intensive English, TOEFL and Academic English, Business English and GRE & GMAT exam preparation for international students.
KEF USA - Summer Camps in Orlando FL for Local U.S. & International Students
Courses / Programs
At KEF USA, we offer exciting summer camps in Orlando FL that foster imagination and creativity in local U.S. and international students. In addition, we provide English language programs with immersive activities throughout the day with American students.
• Our Imagination Summer Camp (for children & teens ages 10-14, and high school seniors 15+ years old) is designed for campers to enjoy learning, discovery and adventure.
• KEF Animation Camp (for individuals or groups of children & teens ages 10-14, and high school seniors 15-18 years old, during the months of June / July). Classes by professionals from the animation industry. "Developing Young Minds Through the Art of Animation®".
• NASA & Technology Camp (for teens & high school seniors ages 13-17) offers an exciting combination of programs at Kennedy Space Center, Full Sail University, and Disney & Universal Studios that deliver the latest in science & technology in a fun, interactive way.
• KEF-R9 Ronaldo Soccer Camp (for individuals or groups of children & teens ages 10-14, and high school seniors 15-18 years old, during the months of June / July/ beginning of August). Players learn with coach Gustavo Brasil, well-known in Brazil and nominated by FIFA as the "Best Soccer Coach in the USA".
• ESL English Summer Programs for locally-based and international juniors ages 10-14, and high school seniors 15-18.
Contact us today for detailed information on your child's preferred camp in Orlando in summer 2020.
Overnight, Educational Summer Camps for local & international students:
Fun for Individuals & Groups in June / July 2020:
• Imagination Summer Camp (offering discovery, adventure, design & activities)
• KEF Animation Camp
• KEF-R9 Ronaldo Soccer Camp
• English ESL Camp
• NASA & Technology Camp (offering discovery and adventure activities, 3D Game Design, Music Production, Swift App Development, Photography & Design classes, and more).
• Design Your Camp
• Intensive English plus College Prep
• Academic English Year Program.