Design courses in New Zealand: Design school in Palmerston North offering fashion design training, drawing classes & graphic design courses, portfolio preparation for art school admissions, design career training for school-leavers and mature students in the North Island, NZ.
Palmerston North School of Design: Palmerston North School of Design is a private design school located in central Palmerston North, the main city of the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the North Island of New Zealand. We provide three design courses for school leavers and mature students wanting to enter higher university study or employment. The NZQA Level 2, 3 and 4 courses are designed for students who have not gained the university entrance criteria at high school or who would like to focus on design full time.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Design Courses / Programs: - Drawing & Design: Bridging Course:
A two year, level 3 and 4 course to help students enter the best degree and diploma courses in New Zealand and around the world.
- Drawing & Design: Training Opportunities:
A fully funded course designed especially for students 18 years and over who are registered with WINZ.
- Design & Computing: Youth Training:
A fully funded one year course for 16-17 year old school leavers to extend their creative talent as an alternative to NCEA Level 1.
After completion of the courses, students have expertise in drawing, the design process, graphic / fashion design and computer graphics. The courses combine nationally recognised qualifications with a professional portfolio for entry to the best degree and diploma design courses in New Zealand and around the world.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Natcoll Design Technology in Christchurch, New Zealand is a leading specialist provider of NZQA approved creative digital design courses and is at the forefront of digital design education and training. We offer a range of courses at different levels which can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Whether your passion is for animation, video post production, web development, interactive media or graphic design at Natcoll we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
We have three campuses located in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.
We offer Diploma courses and a foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
• Diploma of Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Diploma of Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Interactive Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Web Development - Level 6
• Diploma of Animation (Advanced)- Level 6
• Diploma of Video Post Production (Advanced) - Level 6
• Diploma of Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)
Massey University College of Creative Arts, Wellington
Courses / Programs
The College of Creative Arts at Massey University is a world-class art and design school based in Wellington, New Zealand.
The College is:
*ranked 11th by RED DOT, the international design awards agency, which gives Massey a distinctive seal of quality for its design programmes
*the first art and design school outside North America to be awarded “substantial equivalency” by the US accreditation body NASAD – the most comprehensive international benchmark for art and design education in the world
*number one in New Zealand for design and visual art research, according to the 2013 New Zealand government Performance Based Research Funding round.
The College provides a thriving, well-resourced and inspiring learning environment that fosters research, scholarship and creative practice. From selected entry to completion of their degree, students are equipped with a knowledge base and skill set that enables them to flourish in the creative industries, win awards, represent New Zealand and hold key positions that define creative thinking in businesses around the world.
Wellington is a thriving city of art, theatre, music, cinema production, multi-media and manufacturing industries.
The College delivers undergrad & postgrad programmes:
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Design
- Graduate Diploma in Fine Arts
- Diploma in Photography
- Certificate in Visual Arts and Diploma in Visual Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts (visual & material culture)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Design
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Design
- Master of Art/Master of Philosophy in visual & material culture
- Doctor of Philosophy
Whitecliffe offers 11 tertiary programmes in arts and design - from foundation bridging to postgraduate. Programmes range from 18 weeks to 4 years in duration. Majors include Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Photography, Film/Video, Arts Therapy, Arts Administration and Fine Arts itself. Within the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, exit qualifications can be gained after each year successfully completed.
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design, New Zealand's leading dedicated arts and design institution, offers stimulating pathways into arts and design careers for domestic and international students.
With our 25th Anniversary in 2007, we can offer renowned undergraduate arts and design education in the areas of fine arts,graphic design, fashion design,and photography, film and video. With postgraduate options of arts therapy, arts administration and fine arts.
Undergraduate Bridging Certificate of Art and Design (Foundation), Certificate of Art and Design - 1st year BFA exit qualification, Diploma of Art and Design - 2nd year BFA exit qualification, Diploma of Art & Design (Advanced)- 3rd year BFA exit qualification, Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (4 years)
4 majors in the undergraduate BFA: Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Fashion Design & Photography, Film/Video.
Postgraduate in Fine Arts and Arts Administration, Arts Therapy and Arts Therapy (Clinical).
Media Design School is New Zealand’s most-awarded tertiary institute for digital and creative technology qualifications.
Specialising in the teaching of industry-standard skills and knowledge, Media Design School provides a vibrant and energetic creative culture for students from around the globe.
Our media design programmes have been developed by industry professionals and educators, cater for a range of experience levels, and are both highly relevant and production-oriented.
Media Design School’s graduates go on to work in the world’s leading design, game development, film and animation studios and have contributed to blockbuster films including Avatar, King Kong and films from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D & VFX)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Diploma of Digital Creativity (Foundation)
- Diploma of Creative Advertising
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Technologies
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies