Design colleges in New Zealand: Art schools in Auckland, fine arts degree courses, graphic design, fashion design training programs, photography, master's degree in art therapy, undergraduate & graduate education
Whitecliffe College Of Arts and Design, Auckland: Whitecliffe is located in Auckland and is New Zealand's leading arts and design College. Whitecliffe will be celebrating in 2008, 25 years devoted to innovative, accessible and internationally recognised arts and design education. The College has three campuses located in the central city. Whitecliffe specialised in tertiary level arts and design education in the areas of fine arts; fashion design; graphic design; photography, film and video; arts administration and arts therapy. All programmes are registered and approved through the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and are recognised internationally.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
At Whitecliffe, we maintain small class sizes (approx. 1:15) and focus on individual student instruction, quality teaching and support. Faculty are high qualified academics and successful practising artists, designers, educators, art administrators, therapists and researchers- many of them leaders in their field and some are engaged in significant research in their discipline. Whitecliffe provides a supportive learning environment that stimulates the incubation of new ideas and stretches the minds of our students. We offer students the opportunity to study overseas while still working towards their qualification. Whitecliffe has a 80% student retention and completion rate. We welcome international student inquiries.
Courses / Programs:
Courses are available for those who have not yet had any experience in the arts through our foundation, to those who wish to build upon their professional practise through completing a Masters Degree.
- Certificate of Arts & Design (Foundation)
- Certificate in Arts & Design (Foundation) with English Assistance
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (with exit qualifications available each year)
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Arts in Arts Administration
- Master of Arts in Arts Therapy (Clinical)
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) coursesfor international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there."
- Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Natcoll Design Technology in Christchurch, New Zealand is a leading specialist provider of NZQA approved creative digital design courses and is at the forefront of digital design education and training. We offer a range of courses at different levels which can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Whether your passion is for animation, video post production, web development, interactive media or graphic design at Natcoll we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
We have three campuses located in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.
We offer Diploma courses and a foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
• Diploma of Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Diploma of Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Interactive Design - Level 6
• Diploma of Web Development - Level 6
• Diploma of Animation (Advanced)- Level 6
• Diploma of Video Post Production (Advanced) - Level 6
• Diploma of Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Make the most of your overseas study experience by choosing somewhere inspiring like New Zealand! At Raffles College of Design and Commerce in Auckland, we provide high-quality certificate and diploma courses in the fields of design, business and early childhood education. We welcome students from NZ and international students from around the world.
Our college is part of the Raffles Education Corporation, which is a premier creative design and business education provider in Asia Pacific. All of our programmes are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
At Raffles College of Design & Commerce in Auckland, creativity is encouraged. Studying in Auckland allows you to learn in a country with a unique balance of natural landscapes and commercial cities. Because of this balance, film makers and expats alike flock to New Zealand from around the world.
Our learning environment gives you the freedom to develop your creativity and teaches you how to apply it professionally. With international lecturers and peers, you can learn from and with like-minded people on how to use your creativity in a professional manner.
Palmerston North School of Design is a private design school located in central Palmerston North, the main city of the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the North Island of New Zealand. We provide courses for students who have creative talent and ability but lack the necessary skills and qualifications to go onto tertiary design training or gain employment in the design industry.
We have three courses for school leavers and mature students wanting to enter higher university study or employment. The courses are designed for students who have not gained the university entrance criteria at high school or who would like to focus on design full time.
After completion of the courses, students have expertise in drawing, the design process, graphic / fashion design and computer graphics. The courses combine nationally recognised qualifications with a professional portfolio for entry to the best degree and diploma design courses in New Zealand and around the world.
The courses do not simply prepare students for entry to higher level training or employment, but give them the opportunity to excel. Palmerston North School of Design has the highest quality rating from NZQA.
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Conveniently situated in Central London just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art
Design & Arts College of New Zealand, Christchurch
Courses / Programs
The Design and Arts College of New Zealand (D&A) in Christchurch, New Zealand is the South Island’s only tertiary institute dedicated to design and arts education. We offer certificate and diploma courses in fields including Art; Interior Design; Photography; Fashion Design; Makeup Design among others. We also offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design.
The aim of D&A is to bring students from all over the world together with industry professionals to create a community of people passionate about design and arts. We are New Zealand government funded (TEC) and registered (NZQA).
D&A courses are designed and taught by industry professionals, to ensure student success in the creative industries. As student time is valuable, all D&A courses have an accelerated pathway to work or higher education that ensures what you learn is relevant and moves you into industry in a fast and efficient way. Thousands of D&A graduates are now working as professionals in their field in New Zealand and around the world.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (in partnership with Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design)
- Diploma of Art (Advanced)
- Diploma of Contemporary Photography
- Diploma of Communication Arts and Design
- Diploma of Architectural Design and Technology
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Diploma of Fashion Design (Advanced)
- Certificate in Makeup Design and Production
- Certificate in Design and Arts (Foundation)