New Zealand art schools: Design college in Wellington, bachelor's & master's degree courses in fine arts, photography, fashion design & visual communications. Certificate & diploma programmes for NZ & international students.
Massey University College of Creative Arts: Massey University College of Creative Arts in Wellington is a provider of relevant and internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in art, design and visual and material culture.
The College of Creative Arts (CoCA) is based at the university's Wellington Campus, from where its members participate directly in the capital's thriving art, theatre, music, cinema production, multi-media and manufacturing industries.
Natcoll Design Technology provides creative digital technology courses and related resources and is at the forefront of digital design education and training in New Zealand. Established in 1997, we have campuses in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch which offer intensive NZQA-approved vocationally-based certificate and diploma courses. Whether your passion lies in animation or graphic design, web design or digital production, interactive media or video post production, we will teach you the essential skills you need to succeed in the creative digital design industries.
Our courses can lead to entry straight into the workforce, or provide opportunities for further study. Natcoll currently has a number of formal degree pathways in place with a number of institutions in Australia & NZ which provide Natcoll graduates with the opportunity to cross credit into degree programmes.
• Animation and Digital Video - Level 5
• Computer Graphic Design - Level 6
• Interactive Design - Level 6
• Web Development - Level 6
• Animation (Advanced) - Level 6
• Video Post Production (Advanced)-Level 6
• Digital Media (Advanced) - Level 7
• Advanced 3D Graphics – Level 7
Foundation certificate course:
• iCreate Foundation course in Digital Design – Level 3
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Make the most of your overseas study experience by choosing somewhere inspiring like New Zealand! At Raffles College of Design and Commerce in Auckland, we provide high-quality certificate and diploma courses in the fields of design, business and early childhood education. We welcome students from NZ and international students from around the world.
Our college is part of the Raffles Education Corporation, which is a premier creative design and business education provider in Asia Pacific. All of our programmes are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
At Raffles College of Design & Commerce in Auckland, creativity is encouraged. Studying in Auckland allows you to learn in a country with a unique balance of natural landscapes and commercial cities. Because of this balance, film makers and expats alike flock to New Zealand from around the world.
Our learning environment gives you the freedom to develop your creativity and teaches you how to apply it professionally. With international lecturers and peers, you can learn from and with like-minded people on how to use your creativity in a professional manner.
‘The Contemporary Music Course’ is an attractively presented high quality online music course for beginners, songwriters and arrangers. No previous qualifications are required. You'll have instant access for a year, to 130 lessons that stream instantly from the net to your computer, iPad or iPhone.
Free two day trial!! If you are interested let us know via the form on our Contact Page.
I haven't seen anything like this style of presentation on the internet. Apart from private students globally it is being used as a college teaching resource in NZ and Australia.
"I think your website is awesome. It really gives you the feeling of being in a music school" Valerie Crawford, student USA
"When I discovered your course - Geronimo!!!!!! Perfect timing and perfect content!!!!!! I spent four hours on it last night immediately and it is completely brilliant. The guitar and drum sections are a complete gift. Thank you so much. But it is all explained so clearly and simply. The best thing is the boost finding your course has given me and I am moving from the fear into the enjoyment which I have been searching for." Kris Yarborough, student - U.K.
Subjects are - ‘The Language of Music (theory)’, ‘Chords and Harmony’, ‘Voicings/Arranging 1’, ‘Basic Counterpoint’ ‘Writing for Drums’ and 'Writing for Guitar' - in production is 'Writing with a computer' (Sibelius software and Logic sequencing softwares).
Media Design School is New Zealand’s most-awarded tertiary institute for digital and creative technology qualifications.
Specialising in the teaching of industry-standard skills and knowledge, Media Design School provides a vibrant and energetic creative culture for students from around the globe.
Our media design programmes have been developed by industry professionals and educators, cater for a range of experience levels, and are both highly relevant and production-oriented.
Media Design School’s graduates go on to work in the world’s leading design, game development, film and animation studios and have contributed to blockbuster films including Avatar, King Kong and films from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D & VFX)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Diploma of Digital Creativity (Foundation)
- Diploma of Creative Advertising
- Graduate Certificate of Creative Technologies
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies
Palmerston North School of Design is a private design school located in central Palmerston North, the main city of the Manawatu-Wanganui region of the North Island of New Zealand. We provide courses for students who have creative talent and ability but lack the necessary skills and qualifications to go onto tertiary design training or gain employment in the design industry.
We have three courses for school leavers and mature students wanting to enter higher university study or employment. The courses are designed for students who have not gained the university entrance criteria at high school or who would like to focus on design full time.
After completion of the courses, students have expertise in drawing, the design process, graphic / fashion design and computer graphics. The courses combine nationally recognised qualifications with a professional portfolio for entry to the best degree and diploma design courses in New Zealand and around the world.
The courses do not simply prepare students for entry to higher level training or employment, but give them the opportunity to excel. Palmerston North School of Design has the highest quality rating from NZQA.