Illinois college applications: Liberal arts schools in Chicago area, vocational schools, technical schools, career training colleges in Illinois, career colleges in Chicago Area, Aurora, Rockford, Naperville IL
Knox College in Galesburg IL (200 miles from Chicago), is a four-year co-educational private liberal arts college offering undergraduate degree programs at Bachelor degree level. Course categories include Business, Classics, Medicine, Nursing, Optometry, and more. The whole idea behind a Knox education is to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and capacity for independent thought and inquiry you need to thrive in any professional endeavor.
More than 60 percent enter graduate school within five years of graduation, while others enter law and medical schools. Knox numbers among its alumni a White House Chief of Staff, a foreign correspondent for CNN, New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, and the former CEO of Gillette as well as teachers, business leaders, Peace Corps volunteers, and countless other professionals.
With a campus population that includes students from 48 states and 51 countries, members of the Knox community are actively challenged to broaden their points of view. We are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
2.Aviva Spray Tanning Academy, Chicago IL & Online
Courses / Programs
• Get certified as a spray tanning professional in Chicago and throughout Illinois with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy.
• We provide a range of beginner to advanced level spray tan courses that can be taken either in-class at a leading Chicago hotel, or online from the comfort of your own home or workplace in Illinois and nationwide.
• All of our spray tan certification programs have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee.
• Spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry and has grown by almost 500% in 5 years!
• If you are looking to add a spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, interested in starting a successful spray tanning business, or hoping to improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business, Aviva may have the perfect learning solution for you.
• Our spray training classes are ideal for salon professionals, estheticians, cosmetologists, hair stylists, makeup artists and anyone that wants to be a professional spray tanning consultant.
• After completing your course, you will receive a Certificate signed by Aviva Labs’ President, Mitch Bloom, stating that you have successfully trained as an Aviva Labs spray tan professional consultant.
Student Review: "It's refreshing to learn an easy and proper way to spray tan clients. I learned how far to stand from the client, body positioning… I loved the course. Thank you for helping me make more money at the salon!" - Jodi Heffler, The Claw Shop Day Spa, Leominster, MA
Accredited Online, Distance Learning & Live Training.
Based in Baltimore MD, Behavioral Health & Leadership Dynamics (BHLD) provides organizational training, management training, individual & executive coaching services to professionals, supervisors, managers, senior personnel, executive directors, board members, and CEOs.
Our certification programs are taught onsite and online to individuals & corporations in Illinois, and across the U.S.
Aligned with best practices in the field of coaching and human services, BHLD life coaching and leadership training programs are highly-regarded by governmental agencies, the private sector, and the healthcare community.
Distance education offers a flexible & convenient way to learn, and allows you to schedule your study around your work & family life.
BHLD’s coach training is accredited by the Centers for Credentialing and Education (CCE).
In addition, BHLD is approved as an authorized sponsor of continuing education by the following organizations: National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC); American Psychological Association (APA); and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB).
Endorsement: “I want to commend you on the excellent coaching you’ve provided to several of our up-and-coming executives.
Since working with you, all have shown visible improvement in the key areas identified for development and each has attributed this growth to the coaching sessions with you."
- Peter Emmons, President of Structure Group Inc.
Fast-Track Certification Programs for Individuals:
CEUs available for some professionals
- Life/Spiritual Mentor
- Life Coach
- Master Life Coach
- Health & Wellness Practitioner
- Corporate Life Coach
- "Start Your Business" - Online Course as a Add-on to the certification programs
Fast-Track Corporate Training for Businesses & Organizations:
- Corporate Life Coach
- Leadership Coach
- Executive Coach
- Organizational Consultant
We also provide Continuing Education for coaches, professional counselors, psychologists & social workers.
Based in Carlinville, Macoupin County in Southwestern Illinois, Blackburn College is a four-year co-educational private liberal arts college that offers a range of Bachelor of Arts degree programs with more than 30 majors. Blackburn College is one of 7 'work colleges' in the United States and the only one with a student-managed work program. This means that students are responsible for the administration of the program including resource allocation, policy formulation, as well as direct supervision of their fellow students. At Blackburn College the student is able to obtain work experience while in school, reduce their debt load, and meet college expenses.
Blackburn College offers more than 30 major degrees, with a wide-variety of course categories to suit many interests. Classes at Blackburn are small, so you’ll really get to know your professors. Our faculty all full professors, not graduate students or teaching assistants.
Make the most of your college experience - have fun, develop a strong work ethic, gain management experience, build a strong resume and create a career plan that will help you gain the professional lifestyle you want. Join the Blackburn community and let Blackburn College work for you!
5.New Eden School of Natural Health and Herbal Studies
Courses / Programs
• Based close to Chicago, IL in South Bend, Indiana, New Eden School of Natural Health and Herbal Studies is an accredited school specializing in online / distance learning nutrition and alternative medicine programs.
• Our quality certificate, diploma and degree programs are studied online in Illinois, the Midwest Region, across the U.S., Canada, the UK, and worldwide.
• Our programs can also be used to compliment your existing business or practice, or just take you to a higher level of knowledge and skill in the natural healing arts that will be a blessing for a lifetime.
• Our programs are truly comprehensive. They include superior course material and up to date nutrition science learning, with emphasis on functional nutrition approaches, lab analysis understanding and interpretation, and the use of nutraceuticals that are backed up by clinical studies.
• New Eden has full accreditation with the American Council for Holistic Medicine (ACHM), which provides clinical training for graduates.
• We also have school approval with the American Naturopathic Certification Board, and the International Association of Natural Health Practitioners (IANHP).
Accredited Online Certificate, Diploma and Degree Programs:
Subjects include: • Traditional Naturopathy
• Natural Health
• Holistic Health
• Herbal Medicine
• Complementary & Alternative Health
• Nutrition & Wellness
• Energy Medicine
• Clinical Natural Medicine
• Iridology & Sclerology..
Specific Courses include: • Holistic Health Practitioner
• Certified Natural Health Counselor
• Certified Health & Wellness Coach
• Alternative Medicine Diploma
• Medical Herbalist
• Naturopathy Degree
• Doctor of Traditional Naturopathy...
With three campuses located throughout west-central Illinois, Carl Sandburg College is a two-year community college offering Associate of Applied Science and Certificate programs in a range of allied health fields. If you are interested in a career in healthcare Carl Sandburg College has many allied health programs to consider. Our programs provide the opportunity to take many general education courses at any of our three College campuses in Illinois.
Carl Sandburg College campuses are located throughout west-central Illinois in Galesburg (Knox County), Carthage (Hancock County), and Bushnell (McDonough County). We are accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Whether you are pursing a certificate and want to quickly get out into the working world, or you aim to get your two-year degree and continue your studies at a four-year college or university, Carl Sandburg College will help you get to where you want to be.
Located at Schaumburg Regional Airport, Chicago, Avel Flight School is an FAA-approved flight training organization that provides pilot training courses to students from all over the world. Our aim is to provide world class training using the latest technologies and trends in aviation to produce high caliber pilots. Some of the courses we offer include Private and Commercial Pilot License training, Airline Transport Pilot License training, Instrument Rating, and Flight Instructor Ratings among others.
Equipped with state of the art aircraft, flight simulators, class rooms and facilities, Avel Flight School maintains very high safety standards surpassing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) requirements.
At Avel Flight School safety is our highest priority. All our aircraft have excellent safety records and are maintained by FAA certified professional mechanics. With our friendly administrative staff, experienced Chief Flight Instructor and our highly qualified instructors, you will receive the highest quality flight training and have a fantastic learning experience with us.
East-West University in Chicago's South Loop neighborhood, is a private, non-profit, non-denominational college offering two and four year degrees and certificates in academic fields that include Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Communication, Health Sciences, and more. The university has been accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1983.
Along with job and career related professional education, our program offerings of liberal arts and sciences are designed to the service economy of modern times. Our mission is the pursuit of excellence by all through relevant, effective and convenient education, and equal educational opportunity for all racial, ethnic and socio-economic groups.
Building on the cornerstones of affordability, academic excellence, convenience and intimacy, East-West University has grown rapidly in recent years. Adding to our multi-cultural mix has been a steady increase in the number of international students. The University is truly universal in its diverse makeup.
Undergraduate Degree Program categories:
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Biological, Physical & Health Sciences
- Business Administration
- Computer & Info Science
- Electronics Engineering Tech
- English & Communications
- Mathematics, and more...
- Multimedia Program
- General Office Assistant
- E-Commerce Technology
- Medical Office Technology
- CPR Certification & First Aid Training
- Basic EEG / ECG, and more...
Conveniently situated in downtown Chicago IL, National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) is a leading personal trainer school. We provide a comprehensive Personal Fitness Training Diploma that aims to equip you with the education, skills and insight to become a valued professional as a personal trainer, ready to enter the workforce. Get into the best shape of your life while earning a first-class education!
NPTI is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education. For your convenience, we offer day, evening and weekend classes. Our qualified instructors are second to none, and we have the latest personal fitness training equipment. Financial assistance is offered to those who qualify. We provide free nationwide job placement assistance for all our graduates, as well as free ongoing consultation with nutritionists and fitness experts.
Student Testimonial: “I feel as though this program prepared me for all aspects of personal training, especially confidence and knowledge. At my current job I am the newest to the personal training field, and do not feel as though I would have been given my job, or even had the confidence to be at my job, without going through this program.”
- Erin, NPTI Graduate
Illinois College is a private liberal arts college in Jacksonville, IL that offers a Bachelor Degree Program where students complete a series of general education requirements, then choose a major at the end of their sophomore year. At Illinois College, we offer more than 45 different majors, and the possibility of developing your own. We also offer 30 minors, and a Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) program, while and many students have more than one major or minor. Categories include Modern Languages, Music, Theatre, Education, Computer Science, and more.
Our 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio ensures comprehensive guidance for each student from our qualified mentors. A rich array of experiential learning opportunities including Study Abroad, student-faculty research, internships, and community service projects complement our rigorous academic programs.
Our graduates include past governors of Illinois, doctors, teachers, business persons, and people notable in their communities as caring family members. Illinois College is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Bachelor Degree Majors include:
- Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Economics, Finance, and Accounting
- Sociology, and more ...
Graduate Degree Program:
- Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.)