Dublin International Foundation College (DIFC):
Dublin International Foundation College (DIFC) offers university preparation undergraduate and graduate foundation courses as a pathway to top universities in Ireland and the UK. We are conveniently located on the South Circular Road in Dublin, just a 15 minute walk from the city centre. In total, there are currently 5,000 students on campus, studying on a full & part-time basis. Since 1999, we have placed more than 800 international students in our partner universities in Ireland and the UK. DIFC has been appointed by the university consortium NCUK (The Northern Consortium) as their exclusive delivery centre in Ireland for NCUK foundation courses.
Students successfully completing the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) or NCUK Graduate Diploma will be offered a place at a leading Irish or UK college or university. Choose from over 20 Irish and UK partner universities. These partner universities include some of the most prestigious centres of learning in many of the most exciting cities across Ireland and the UK.
* Irish Partner Universities: Dublin City University; National University of Ireland, Maynooth; University College Cork; National University of Ireland, Galway; University of Limerick; Queen's University, Belfast; University of Ulster.
* UK Partner Universities: University of Liverpool; Liverpool John Moores University; University of Manchester; Manchester Metropolitan University; University of Bradford; University of Salford; University of Huddersfield; Leeds Metropolitan University; Leeds University; Sheffield Hallam University; University of Sheffield.
* Other Partners: National College of Ireland; Griffith College Dublin; Athlone Institute of Technology; Waterford Institute of Technology; Galway Institute of Technology; Dundalk Institute of Technology; Shannon Hotel Management College.
At DIFC, our complete package includes English courses, assistance with study visas, secure on-campus accommodation - and a guaranteed place at an Irish or UK university, upon successful completion of the NCUK foundation course.
During our foundation courses, students participate in the NCUK / DIFC university placement system. Designed to make university entrance easy for international students, it provides one-to-one counselling and advice, along with a coordinated application procedure. Upon successful graduation, there is guaranteed placement into NCUK partner universities in Ireland and the UK.
- NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY): This is a foundation course preparing international students for university entrance at undergraduate level.
- NCUK Graduate Diploma: A foundation course preparing students for university entrance at postgraduate level.
- IFY - Science / Health Studies (Medical Route): This programme was approved by the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI) for entry to their Medical Degree program (6 year course) in 2005 and approval was updated in 2010.
- Academic / Pre-Foundation English Courses: These are general English courses designed to prepare you for our NCUK foundation courses, as well as IELTS & ETAPP English language exam preparation courses.
Students taking the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) or NCUK Graduate Diploma courses at DIFC are automatically part of the DIFC-NCUK placement system for university entrance.
* The only college in Ireland approved by NCUK to run their foundation courses, which are in turn approved by NCUK universities / colleges.
* No need to apply for a place in university/college through UCASS / CAO - NCUK have own application system which is managed by DIFC for our students.
* A complete study package / study plan including English, preparation for college or university and a guaranteed place in an Irish or UK NCUK partner University / College
* On campus accommodation for 600 students ensures a safe, secure environment.
* English for Academic Purposes (EAP) module completed on the NCUK foundation programmes is accepted by universities/colleges - no need to do IELTS exam.
* 90% of students completing NCUK-DIFC courses have successfully completed their studies and transferred to courses at NCUK partner universities.
* One-to-one counselling and guidance provided to all DIFC students to ensure they select the right university / college course for them.
* DIFC graduates are now studying in leading universities such as the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI), Manchester University and many more.
* EU students can save up to 30% off DIFC course fees
* You can work full-time in Ireland on completion of University course.
* We provide guidance and assistance in applying for study visas.
* Airport pickup and orientation upon arrival in Dublin.
- Halls of Residence: The on-campus accommodation at the Griffith Halls of Residence houses 600 students:
* Bright, modern and clean 1 & 2-bedroom apartments
* Fully furnished to the highest standard
* Safe environment with 24-hour security
* Walking distance from city centre
* Landscaped courtyards and canal walkways
* Serviced by nine bus routes
- Home Stay Accommodation: As an alternative to Halls of Residence, why not consider staying with an Irish family – a great way to practise and improve your English during your bridging course. This is an ideal choice for younger students and we would advise you to spend at least one month in home stay on arrival in Ireland while you decide where you want to live.
"I very much enjoyed my time studying at DIFC on the Pre-Master programme and the help and support I received from the teachers and staff greatly helped me in preparation for my Master in E-Business at UCD. The subjects (English for Academic Purposes, Research methods and Project preparation techniques) I was taught on the PMP course at DIFC were invaluable tools to help me from the first day I started on my Master." - Lixu.
"I really enjoyed the time that I spent in the DIFC and it gave me a new perspective on my academic background especially with English. This programme made me stronger to tackle any circumstances the first year in the university. Furthermore, the English skills that I have developed from this programme helped me to be a competitive student even with native speakers." - Hisham.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Griffith Campus, South Circular Road, Dublin 8 , Dublin, Ireland|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.