Childcare / Healthcare Career Information: Would you like to start a new career in the rewarding field of childcare or early childhood education? There are a wide variety of job opportunities in Ireland within this field, including preschool teacher, creche or daycare worker, special needs assistant or child-minder in your own home, among many others. The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national body for further education and training in Ireland. They offer a wide range of childcare courses through recognised educational institutions or training centres across Ireland. In addition, FETAC allows individuals the opportunity to gain recognition for education and training in the workplace or in the community.
- Challenging: When you work with children, every day is different. This means you are presented with constant challenges, on both a personal and a professional level. You could be planning a curriculum, a care plan, a day trip or working with parents, the job will vary day-to-day.
- Flexibility: A job in childcare or early education can offer flexibility of hours which would allow you to work around family or study commitments.
- Rewarding: You will have the enjoyment of working with children, and the satisfaction of being involved in a child's physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Progression: There is plenty of scope for career progression within the childcare / early education field. You can start your career with very little experience and study for a qualification whilst you are working. You could also climb the career ladder by gaining higher qualifications and becoming a supervisor or manager/ coordinator.
- Fun: Whether you work in a preschool, an after-school club or a child-minder, you will be helping children learn through play and help them to discover the world around them. It's fun!
FETAC Childcare Courses:
- Early Childhood Education & Care Support (Level 4 / 5 / 6)
- Caring for Children 0-6 years (Level 5)
- Working in Childcare (Level 5)
- Special Needs Assisting (Level 5 / Level 6)
- Teaching Assistant Skills (Level 6)
- Child Development (Level 6)
- Social & Legal issues in Childcare (Level 6)
- Advanced Certificate in Childcare Supervision (Level 6)
- Early Childhood Curriculum (Level 6)
- Supervision in Childcare (Level 6)
- Child Psychology (Level 6)
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is one of Ireland’s largest, most highly-respected and well-known natural medicine training providers, with colleges in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick. Our Naturopathy Foundation Courses (Biomedicine, Naturopathy Study, and Naturopathic Practical) form the basis of our training and provide CNM students with a firm grasp of Naturopathic principles and therapies, before proceeding to specialisation in Homeopathy, Acupuncture, and/or Herbal Medicine. For those studying Naturopathic Nutrition, Naturopathy Study and Naturopathic Practical are optional courses. We offer full-time and part-time study options. The CNM is dedicated to training successful and qualified practitioners, with courses fully recognised and accredited by the relevant regulating bodies.
Classic Beauty Training Academy is a state-of-the-art purpose-built facility, set in beautifully idyllic settings, just 5 minutes outside of Clonmel town in Co.Tipperary.
Internationally accredited by I.T.E.C. (International Therapy Examination Board) & C.I.B.T.A.C (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology), Classic Beauty Training Academy offers students the option to study Beauty Therapy on a full-time or part-time basis and we also offer short certificate courses. Our teachers are fully experienced and hold recognised teaching qualifications.
Studying with us is enjoyable, rewarding, challenging and fun. Our students will learn all the skills that they need to function as a highly skilled Beauty Therapist in the professional world. Early booking is recommended as places are limited at 20 students. Practical experience is available at our Beauty Salon in Clonmel town centre.
toBE is a training company based in Dublin, Ireland that provides professional and personal development programmes through theatre-based learning methods. Our courses and workshops cover topics including Leadership Development, Management Development, Customer Service, Emotional Intelligence, Team Development among others. For over 20 years we have been designing and delivering programmes that give people insight in how they perform and how they can develop to optimal performance.
We offer highly experiential courses with high results because of their practice content. Between modules our students are asked to apply newly learned behaviours and record their experience with this. We work in association with other Colleges who are interested in using this method for their particular educational objectives.
Coogan Bergin Clinic & College of Beauty Therapy is Dublin’s premier centre of excellence in all things ‘Beauty’, located on Wicklow Street, just off Grafton Street in Dublin City centre. The college provides both full-time & part-time beauty therapy diploma courses and postgraduate courses. Internationally accredited by both CIBTAC & CIDESCO the world’s leading examination body, we have a record of outstanding success with a 98% pass rate in all disciplines over the past 28 years.
Due to our famed reputation in the area of teaching, our graduates are in huge demand – even in the most challenging of times. Since opening in 1982, Coogan Bergin has trained therapists to the highest standards with the very top international accreditation
We underwent major renovations and re-launched for the 2010 school year. We are, without doubt, the most state of the art College of Beauty Therapy in Ireland. With our cutting edge facilities, we ensure that our students have the most up-to-date equipment, in beautiful surroundings.
This, combined with our famed reputation in the area of teaching will ensure that your training experience is memorable and of the highest international standard.
Griffith College Dublin was established in 1974 and is now the largest independent college in Ireland, with a student population of over 5,000, including approximately 700 international students. It is based on a seven-acre campus in Dublin city centre. It is ranked the #1 Journalism and Accountancy College in Ireland. New developments in 2003 include the GCD Graduate Business School for postgraduate business programmes to MBA level, and the Griffith English Language Institute for year-round English language programmes. With comprehensive courses, recreational and sporting facilities, cutting-edge computer technology, luxury on-campus accommodation and regular social events, Griffith College Dublin is the ideal choice for international students. Indeed at present there are students from 56 different countries studying at the college.
- BA in Accounting and Finance
- BA in Business Studies
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) in Journalism and Visual Media
- BA (Ord) in Interior Design
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture
- BA Fashion Design
- BSc (Hons) in Computing Science
- BA Legal Studies
- LLB (Hons) in Irish Law
- BA in Business and Law
The National Children's Nurseries Association (NCNA), based in south of Dublin City, Ireland was established in 1988 to promote high standards of quality childcare. We have a membership of 800 organisations throughout Ireland, the majority of which are full day-care providers for children aged 3mths - 6yrs. We offer a range of childcare courses in centres throughout the country including FETAC Level 5 and Level 6 childcare certificate courses. Locations include Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Meath, Kerry, Sligo among many others.
Our main aim is to emphasise the importance of early childhood experiences by working consistently to increase the quality of day-care in Ireland, through education, information and support of all involved in this sector. We concentrate on providing advice, support and training for member nurseries as well as raising public awareness regarding issues in the childcare sector. The NCNA offers a wide range of training courses and workshops on week nights and at the weekends so that full time childcare practitioners can avail of them outside work hours.