Childcare / Healthcare Career Information: Would you like to start a new career in the rewarding field of childcare or early childhood education? There are a wide variety of job opportunities in Ireland within this field, including preschool teacher, creche or daycare worker, special needs assistant or child-minder in your own home, among many others. The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national body for further education and training in Ireland. They offer a wide range of childcare courses through recognised educational institutions or training centres across Ireland. In addition, FETAC allows individuals the opportunity to gain recognition for education and training in the workplace or in the community.
- Challenging: When you work with children, every day is different. This means you are presented with constant challenges, on both a personal and a professional level. You could be planning a curriculum, a care plan, a day trip or working with parents, the job will vary day-to-day.
- Flexibility: A job in childcare or early education can offer flexibility of hours which would allow you to work around family or study commitments.
- Rewarding: You will have the enjoyment of working with children, and the satisfaction of being involved in a child's physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Progression: There is plenty of scope for career progression within the childcare / early education field. You can start your career with very little experience and study for a qualification whilst you are working. You could also climb the career ladder by gaining higher qualifications and becoming a supervisor or manager/ coordinator.
- Fun: Whether you work in a preschool, an after-school club or a child-minder, you will be helping children learn through play and help them to discover the world around them. It's fun!
FETAC Childcare Courses:
- Early Childhood Education & Care Support (Level 4 / 5 / 6)
- Caring for Children 0-6 years (Level 5)
- Working in Childcare (Level 5)
- Special Needs Assisting (Level 5 / Level 6)
- Teaching Assistant Skills (Level 6)
- Child Development (Level 6)
- Social & Legal issues in Childcare (Level 6)
- Advanced Certificate in Childcare Supervision (Level 6)
- Early Childhood Curriculum (Level 6)
- Supervision in Childcare (Level 6)
- Child Psychology (Level 6)
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2020-03-04 were from:
riyadh, Saudi Arabia;
Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim;
Cedar lodge old road rush co dublin ireland, Ireland;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Griffith College Dublin was established in 1974 and is now the largest independent college in Ireland, with a student population of over 5,000, including approximately 700 international students. It is based on a seven-acre campus in Dublin city centre. It is ranked the #1 Journalism and Accountancy College in Ireland. New developments in 2003 include the GCD Graduate Business School for postgraduate business programmes to MBA level, and the Griffith English Language Institute for year-round English language programmes. With comprehensive courses, recreational and sporting facilities, cutting-edge computer technology, luxury on-campus accommodation and regular social events, Griffith College Dublin is the ideal choice for international students. Indeed at present there are students from 56 different countries studying at the college.
- BA in Accounting and Finance
- BA in Business Studies
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) in Journalism and Visual Media
- BA (Ord) in Interior Design
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture
- BA Fashion Design
- BSc (Hons) in Computing Science
- BA Legal Studies
- LLB (Hons) in Irish Law
- BA in Business and Law
Coogan Bergin Clinic & College of Beauty Therapy is Dublin’s premier centre of excellence in all things ‘Beauty’, located on Wicklow Street, just off Grafton Street in Dublin City centre. The college provides both full-time & part-time beauty therapy diploma courses and postgraduate courses. Internationally accredited by both CIBTAC & CIDESCO the world’s leading examination body, we have a record of outstanding success with a 98% pass rate in all disciplines over the past 28 years.
Due to our famed reputation in the area of teaching, our graduates are in huge demand – even in the most challenging of times. Since opening in 1982, Coogan Bergin has trained therapists to the highest standards with the very top international accreditation
We underwent major renovations and re-launched for the 2010 school year. We are, without doubt, the most state of the art College of Beauty Therapy in Ireland. With our cutting edge facilities, we ensure that our students have the most up-to-date equipment, in beautiful surroundings.
This, combined with our famed reputation in the area of teaching will ensure that your training experience is memorable and of the highest international standard.
The Waverley Academy, with schools on the Old Naas Road in Dublin 12; in Santry in Dublin 9 and in Bandon, Co. Cork, is an international accredited training academy that delivers a wide range of Beauty and Massage related courses and services for those at the start of their career right up to business owners.
The Academy is a family run business with customer care at the core of it’s ethos. It was established more than 13 years ago and has progressed to Ireland’s leading Beauty and Massage Academy providing life changing opportunities for many of it’s graduates. We are the first company in the industry to supply multimedia learning aids for students which include DVD's, CD's and audio aids. The Waverley Academy is now Synonymous with quality training with pass rates averaging between 95% to 100% across all departments.
Located in the heart of Dublin city centre, Infinity Business College is an independent institution for the provision of further education.
Established to provide quality education at an affordable price range, we offer English language programs as well as a wide range of academic, professional and vocational qualifications.
Topics include Business, Management, Information Technology, Travel and Hospitality, and Accountancy.
Infinity Business College prides itself in welcoming students from all over the World. We strive to offer a personal service and are available at all times for consultation on academic or personal matters.
We are an accredited English Language School recognised by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland, for English Language teaching (ELT).
At Infinity Business College, we understand that every student is different and we aim to ensure that your experience with us will be a positive and long-lasting one.
Our school features an active and engaging student population with regular excursions, social events and cultural tours ensures a lively and fun experience.
Independent College Dublin, located in central Dublin, Ireland, is a private third level college offering undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional programmes in Accountancy, Law, Journalism and the Arts. Our programms are designed to get you into and to the top of your chosen career.
The college is managed by business experienced lecturers and academics who understand the importance of targeted and relevant qualifications. As a student, you are joining an intellectually lively community and you will find this to be an engaging and vibrant place to learn. So, whether you are making the transition from second-level; or battling with the prospect of learning after a hard day’s work or whatever your circumstances; Independent Colleges will be your home from home.
- ACCA / CPA / CPD
- MAcc Master of Accounting
- LL.B (Hons) Irish Law
- LL.M Comparative Media Law
- BA (Hons) in Journalism
- MA in Journalism
- B.A. in Psychotherapy Studies
- H.Dip in Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Event Management with PR
& many more ...
Located in Raheny, North Dublin, Ireland, Walmer College & Holistic Centre offers holistic medicine and I.T.E.C. diploma courses in holistic massage, anatomy and physiology, aromatherapy, indian head massgae, stone therapy massage, onsite massage, stress management massage, thai massage and sports massage. We also provide diploma courses in diet and nutrition, beauty specialist and refexology as well as workshops and evening classes in reiki, integrated energy therapy, kinesiology and teacher training courses including the Diana Cooper School.
For those interested in becoming a I.T.E.C. lecturer we offer a diploma in lecturing. Our aim is to introduce you to a world of complementary therapies and educate you in the area of your choice. As well as operating as a teaching therapy centre, Walmer also boasts a long established & extensive complementary clinic with the most professionally skilled practitioners in the field, promoting personal growth and development through the holistic approach to living.