Art Encounters, Melbourne: Art Encounters in Elsternwick, Melbourne is the perfect place to explore your creativity and learn how to make art. Art Encounters was established in 1998 to provide the community with a school where people could rekindle and awaken their creative expression and desire to make art.
We provide a highly supportive and stimulating environment for the novice to commence the journey of art education. Perfect for beginners who like to study in a personal environment in small groups.
Art Encounters is a private art school that was founded in 1998 by Dena Lester who is an exhibiting contemporary artist. The school is run on a number of fundamental principles that are the foundation for all of our courses from the youngest of children to our elderly students.
These principles are as follows:
* A solid basis in observational drawing is imperative to the artist's development.
* Being well informed about colour and its properties is essential to good painting.
* The understanding of materials and their application contributes to the integrity of art work.
* Learning to articulate one's personal journey and translate it into a visual form is the ultimate goal of the artist.
* Understanding art history and particularly contemporary art making practices is a prerequisite for any person considering becoming a serious artist (and most useful for those who do it just for fun).
* Every person who is interested in learning how to make art will upon studying consistently find an area that they can develop into a personal art practice.
* Visual expression is very healthy for the human being on both a physical and emotional level.
Adult Art Classes :
- Drawing and Painting for Beginners - An 8 week introductory course that explores a series of basic exercises and explorations of approaches and materials.
- Art Making for Beginners - One year foundation Course: This weekly course offers students the opportunity to develop solid skills in drawing, painting and self expression. Ideal for beginners who want to see results in their development.
- Weekend workshops in Materials, Colour, Life Drawing, Watercolours, Portraiture, Landscape Painting, Observational drawing, Painting the Nude and more.
Shillington College is a world class Graphic Design college offering full time and part time design courses in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane (Australia) and London and Manchester (UK). The course is continuously adapted to the times and our students are taught by outstanding graphic designers on the latest software. The course is run like a studio so that our students can learn work to realistic industry deadlines. Each student has use of their own computer for the entire course and will graduate with a professional portfolio.
Fully Accredited & Austudy Approved full time and part time graphic design courses (Cert IV in Design). The only prerequisites for the course are excellent English skills, basic knowledge of how to use a computer (either mac or PC) but most of all, a passion for design.
At CATC Design School, we’re proud to be one of Australia’s leading education providers in graphic design, interior design and photography. We offer diploma and advanced diploma courses in our campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
We have been helping students to realise their dreams and goals for over 25 years. Our staff are industry practitioners and vastly experienced in the creative industries. Our focus is to teach project based practical and hands-on skills in a studio environment.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Australia & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) is the visual arts faculty of the University of Sydney. SCA is a premier provider of contemporary art education and research around the world offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in contemporary visual arts. SCA’s student population is diverse and one in six students are international students.
Leading the research and practice of contemporary art in Australia since 1976, SCA delivers innovative educational programs that support the professional success of graduates. A faculty of the University of Sydney, SCA continues the tradition of academic excellence associated with Australia’s most established educational institution.
SCA’s campus is located in the historic Kirkbride buildings in Rozelle, a suburb in the inner west of Sydney, and overlooks Sydney harbour. SCA provides free student and visitor parking on campus and is easily accessible by public transport.
The educational programs are studio-based and facilities include computer and multimedia laboratories, print, clay, glass, wood and metal workshops, film / video & sound production and editing facilities, SCA Gallery, SCA library and several student exhibition spaces.
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in visual arts:
- The Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) is three-year undergraduate degree program for those wishing to establish a practice in the contemporary visual arts, with the option of an honours degree also available.
- Master of Film and Digital Image
- Master of Interactive and Digital Media
- Master of Studio Art
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Specialist short courses in visual art are sometimes available.
Design College Australia is a graphic design school located in the Brisbane CBD that specialises in training graduates to industry standard in both graphic design, webdesign and multimedia. Running alongside the college, is a staffed and fully functioning design and retouch studio. This emphasis on direct links with the industry ensures that graduates attain the required skills to move quickly into the industry.