Art schools in Australia: Design colleges in Sydney NSW, Melbourne Victoria, Perth WA, Brisbane Queensland. Graphic design courses, interior design school, fashion design schools in Sydney, study abroad programs, masters degree courses, evening art classes..
At CATC Design School, we’re proud to be one of Australia’s leading education providers in graphic design, interior design and photography. We offer diploma and advanced diploma courses in our campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
We have been helping students to realise their dreams and goals for over 25 years. Our staff are industry practitioners and vastly experienced in the creative industries. Our focus is to teach project based practical and hands-on skills in a studio environment.
Monique Chalk Art offers training for people who wish to become Chalk Artists. The training is tailored to the students needs, e.g as a personal hobby or right through to the standard required to start a career in Chalk Art!
Learn how to create professional menu boards from scratch, even if you have never had an art lesson in your life!!! Over 1,000 students have successfully completed this course and many have since started their own independent business and are making a great living...from home!
Now, for the first time in 20 plus years, Monique has made it available online so you can study from home in your own time at a very reasonable price!!
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Australia & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Sydney is the perfect place to learn photography. Join Andy Piggott, a professional photographer since 1981, for a few hours at his studio in North Sydney and you will come away a more confident photographer. Not bought your camera yet? DSLR Cameras can be borrowed for the classes. Digital photography is an exciting way be creative, capture memories and to have fun! Andy Piggott is passionate about photography and would like to help make you a more confident photographer.
Photography workshops are a great way to improve your picture taking skills and learn new techniques while having fun. You may be planning a big trip and want to make sure you come back with the best possible travel shots. Travel photography is his specialist subject and he can give you a lot of advice on gear, locations, techniques and tips for better travel photography. Private Lessons for intensive learning are available when you need to make progress as rapidly as possible. You can choose exactly what aspects of photography are covered.
Len's School is Len Metcalf’s photography courses and tours, located in Sydney, NSW. With over 25 years experience and specialist training, Len is one of the few photography teachers with art, photography and educational qualifications. Highly regarded as a landscape photographer he is regularly invited to mentor and train vocational teachers and corporate facilitators.
With this background you will find a well crafted course that has specific learning experiences designed into the program to ensure that you gain the most benefit from your attendance of the course. This is in sharp contrast to many courses which are run by expert photographers who don’t have an educational background.
The courses are usually run at Leonard’s personal studio in Leura, located close to all a wide choice of accommodation such as hotels, hostels and bed & breakfasts. The studio has excellent access to the stunning Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. Most courses include indoor and outdoor sessions, and where possible the opportunity to develop your films or examine your work on laptops so that you can receive instant feedback on your progress.
- Len's Workshop - Photography workshop for beginners concentrating on camera craft.
- Creative Lens - For intermediate and advanced photographers wishing to explore their creativity.
- Landscape Photography Workshop
- Mentor Program & critiques
- Local photography tours
- Panoramic Photography Workshop
- Digital imagine Workshop
Sydney Art School is an an Independent School for Visual Arts located in the Baulkham Hills area of Sydney. We provide Art Classes and Workshops in the Hills District. Because of a deep personal love of art and enjoying exploring all forms of visual art, we created an art school to help others share the pleasure of discovering their own personal creativity. Classes are available in painting, life drawing, drawing, figure painting, creative jewelery, impressionism & modern art.
Our art school is designed to cater for all levels of experience, from beginners to experienced artists. As a student at Sydney Art School you have the opportunity to learn from a variety of tutors with a diverse range of skills and perspectives. This engages you in a wider range of learning experiences and accelerates the development of your artistic ability.Our art class sizes are small because having well credentialed tutors is not enough. You also need to get time for personal instruction.
Art Classes and Workshops. Classes are available in painting, life drawing, drawing, figure painting, creative jewelery, impressionism & moderntart. Suitable for all levels plus portfolio preparation for entry to tertiary fine arts diploma or degree.
Rings Road Art Studio is a privately owned working art studio in Moorabbin, a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. We offer tutored and untutored drawing and painting classes for adults at beginner and intermediate levels. We also offer portfolio preparation classes for teenagers and adults. Classes will assist participants at all levels of skill and experience to develop observational and interpretive methods in drawing and painting. The aim is to teach students foundational skills that will enable them to further their own artistic pursuits, whether it is advancing to tertiary level fine art studies or pursuing their own personal interests.
The objective at Rings Road Art Studio is to enable students to learn skills and techniques required for art production by focusing and encouraging the development of students’ technical ability. Classes provide the opportunity for students to enhance their artistic awareness through various processes of seeing and by working in a range of media. In all classes students will discover aspects of historical and contemporary concepts in art through their own production of artworks.
Art Classes include:
- Life Drawing
- General Drawing
- Artistic Anatomy/ Classical Drawing
- Folio Preparation for Teenagers
- Portraiture (painting & drawing)
- Landscape (painting & drawing)
- Beginners Oil Painting
- Beginners Drawing & Painting
- Untutored Life Drawing
- Open Studio
- 20th Century Art Practice
ECU Mount Lawley's campus is home to one of Australia's most successful arts training institutions, the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA). Only minutes away from Perth's CBD and serviced by convenient public transport, ECU's Mount Lawley Campus is an excellent choice for study, night or day. Extensive teaching resources, first-rate study facilities, a new gym and sports centre and on-campus residential accommodation is available. The Mount Lawley Campus forms part of a precinct with the Mount Lawley Senior High School.
WAAPA has an international reputation for excellence in arts education and training, offering Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Bachelor degree courses. Explore WAAPA's range of weekend and weeknight short courses - theatre and drama; dance; music; music theatre; production and design; broadcasting and many more.
Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) is the visual arts faculty of the University of Sydney. SCA is a premier provider of contemporary art education and research around the world offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in contemporary visual arts. SCA’s student population is diverse and one in six students are international students.
Leading the research and practice of contemporary art in Australia since 1976, SCA delivers innovative educational programs that support the professional success of graduates. A faculty of the University of Sydney, SCA continues the tradition of academic excellence associated with Australia’s most established educational institution.
SCA’s campus is located in the historic Kirkbride buildings in Rozelle, a suburb in the inner west of Sydney, and overlooks Sydney harbour. SCA provides free student and visitor parking on campus and is easily accessible by public transport.
The educational programs are studio-based and facilities include computer and multimedia laboratories, print, clay, glass, wood and metal workshops, film / video & sound production and editing facilities, SCA Gallery, SCA library and several student exhibition spaces.
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in visual arts:
- The Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) is three-year undergraduate degree program for those wishing to establish a practice in the contemporary visual arts, with the option of an honours degree also available.
- Master of Film and Digital Image
- Master of Interactive and Digital Media
- Master of Studio Art
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Specialist short courses in visual art are sometimes available.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for international students and professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production