ELS Language Centers, Portland:
Over the past 45 years ELS has helped hundreds of thousands of students meet their study goals in the US, while providing them with a unique American experience. Programs are offered for students who wish to attend a college or university in the US, need English to advance in a career, or simply want to improve their English. With over 50 locations across the US, most on university campuses, ELS gives you the choice of the study environment and program that is perfect for you! At our Center in Portland, Oregon on the magnificent West Coast of the US, away from the hectic and noise of other cities, we pride on our dedication to teaching English. Our English programs are structured to accelerate your learning with optimal time in the classroom. These programs help students significantly improve their English skills and fully prepare for university study in the USA.
The ELS Intensive English Program, our most popular program of study, will help you significantly improve your English skills, achieve greater fluency, and fully prepare you for university study in the USA. More than 550 universities, colleges and career schools accept completion of an advanced ELS level as meeting the English language requirement for admission.
* The Intensive English Program curriculum includes 30 lessons per week of classroom instruction and practice in all key language skills: speaking, listening, pronunciation, vocabulary, reading and writing.
* Students practice conversation skills and other speaking skills using practical, real-world English, learn to write with accuracy and effectiveness, develop strategic listening skills and improve their use of grammar.
* Skills Enhancement Classes allow students to customize their program to suit individual interests. Sample classes include American Idioms, American Film, Current Events and American Culture. Choices vary by location.
* In our new Language Technology Centers, students work on their individual language skills and objectives through technology-supported learning.
* Contact America! provides students with regular opportunities to meet and speak with Americans, visit and observe university courses, listen to guest lecturers and participate in local excursions.
* Academic advising is included in the program for students who are considering further study at an American university.
* More than 550 universities, colleges and career schools accept completion of an advanced ELS level in place of the TOEFL®.
The ELS Semi-Intensive Program is ideal for students who want to learn English while also having time to visit local cities and attractions. Students take classes in the morning and have afternoons free to explore and use their improving English.
# Semi-Intensive English includes 20 lessons per week of classroom instruction and practice in all key language skills: speaking, listening, pronunciation, vocabulary, reading and writing.
# Students practice conversation skills and other speaking skills using practical, real-world English, learn to write with accuracy and effectiveness, develop strategic listening skills and improve their use of grammar.
# In our new Language Technology Centers, students work on their individual language skills and objectives through technology-supported learning.
If you are planning a short vacation in the USA and would like to include some English classes, our American Explorer Program is perfect for you. Study English in the morning and enjoy the afternoons practicing your English while sightseeing and visiting local attractions.
* 12 levels of instruction from Beginning to Masters
* 15 x 50-minute lessons each week
* Classes Monday to Friday, with afternoons free
* 4-week sessions
* 15-student maximum in listening/speaking and reading/writing classes; 20 in Skills Enhancement classes
* Available year-round at all Centers (except Fast Track locations)
* 26 start dates annually
Email: Contact Us
|Address: NE Holman St, Portland, Oregon , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.