National College of Art and Design: The National College of Art and Design is located at 100 Thomas Street, Dublin 8. The college is situated in the heart of Dublin's Digital Hub, within walking distance of the Irish Museum of Modern art to the west, and Dublin's cultural quarter, Temple Bar to the east. The college is well served by public transport.
We offer a wide range of modern facilities to our students. Please contact us if you would like further information on the facilities available.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Ireland & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Digital Media and Arts Research Centre, The University of Limerick
Courses / Programs
The Digital Media and Arts Research Centre is an internationally-recognised leader in advanced music technology education and research and is part of The University of Limerick, Ireland. The Music Technology course hosts a high spec studio facility, with a surround sound post production suite, a recording studio with live room and a composition suite.
Top of the range Pro Tools systems, a host of high quality outboard effects, numerous top end microphones and a grand piano give students access to the some highest level equipment available. In addition, Apple imac computers fill a lab where students use industry standard programmes like Logic Pro and Digital Performer as well as more esoteric programmes like Max/msp, Csound, Audiosculpt and OpenMusic.
Graduates are leading careers in a diverse range of areas, including broadcasting, recording, post-production, commercial research (industry), academic research (PhD), composition (computer music, games, film, video), performance, software industry (internet web design and programming, software engineering, audio and music engineering), and education.
The Gaiety School of Acting - The National Theatre School of Ireland is Ireland's premier training facility for actors located in Temple Bar in Dublin city centre. Set up by Joe Dowling in 1986 due to the lack of availability of actor training in Ireland at the time, the school has since gone from strength to strength and now runs a wide range of courses for all ages.
As well as it's two year, full time intensive actor training course, The GSA also runs year long part time actor training courses, short term part time courses for adults, courses for kids and teenagers and also a programme of courses for international students.
- Full Time Actor Training
- One Year Part Time Actor Training
- Adult Introduction to Drama
- Adult Page to Stage
- Adult Acting for Camera
- Stage Combat
- Musical Theatre
- Dramatic Writing
- Young Gaiety: 4-16 yrs
- Youth Theatre: 16-19 yrs
- Make a Movie
- Summer Camps
- Educate Schools Drama Programme
- Irish Theatre Summer School
- Irish Theatre January Term
- Original Theatre Project
The Baking Academy of Ireland in Dublin offers hands-on courses in bread and cake baking, chocolate making and sugar craft cake decoration. Our courses are for everybody, the novice and the dedicated amateur. All we require is that you have a desire to learn the art of making real bread, cakes, pastry, chocolates and sugar craft decoration. The most important aspect of our courses is that you learn by doing – you will have fun and you get to bring your creations home. Our baking courses are not only rewarding but are enjoyable and great fun.
We are located in Palmerstown Village, Dublin 20, and at Rosse Court, Balgaddy, West Dublin. Both venues are located close to the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. When you take a course in the Baking Academy you enter a unique space dedicated to the world of baking. We are not cooks or chefs – we are professional and dedicated bakers, confectioners, pastry and sugar craft specialists.
The International School Of Make Up Artistry is located in Galway City. We offer make up artist training classes and ITEC-accredited make up diploma courses and have a high success rate of students achieving mainly credits and distinctions in all nationally and internationally recognised examinations. We offer evening and weekend classes.
95% of our past pupils are very successful in the work force worldwide. They are working within different areas of the industry, such as theatre, film, T.V., catwalk and photography. We also have past pupils working for top cosmetic companies such as “Mac” and “Lancôme” and others running successful business of their own.
Griffith College Dublin was established in 1974 and is now the largest independent college in Ireland, with a student population of over 5,000, including approximately 700 international students. It is based on a seven-acre campus in Dublin city centre. The Faculty of Design has an impressive reputation in the design community due to its teaching methods which focus on a high degree of interaction between staff and students. Student work is focused across a wide range of stimulating activities including practical workshops, specialist guest lectures, cultural trips, lab sessions, slide lectures, seminars and discussions. Live projects are worked on in conjunction with real-life clients.
Undergraduate Degree Program:
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture (HETAC)
- BA in Interior Design(HETAC)
- BA (Hons) in Fashion Design(HETAC)
- BA in Fashion Design (HETAC)
- Diploma in Interior Design
Postgraduate Degree Program:
- MSc in Applied Digital Media